Texas Fishing Forum

Clear Lake

Posted By: P_102

Clear Lake - 06/28/20 12:24 PM

Does anyone have any experience there....? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: 1bassdaddy

Re: Clear Lake - 06/28/20 05:03 PM

Are you talking about Clearlake CA?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Clear Lake - 06/28/20 05:06 PM

Its next on my list to fish out there. Was gonna fish it back in May but the COVID stuff messed that up. Fished the Delta last year and it was everything its hyped to be and more.
Posted By: jlp1

Re: Clear Lake - 06/28/20 05:14 PM

Fished Clear Lake, CA in late May of 2009 with a guide. Some fish were still spawning and the guide taught me to bed fish with a drop shot., some beds were in 20' of water. Some areas the water was so clear you could see a dime in 20'. No really big ones caught but lots of 4's and 5's.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Clear Lake - 06/28/20 05:32 PM

one of the best lakes in the country .
This time of year , lots of weeds ---especially the north end of the lake . Lots of rock piles and docks all over the lake . Bring everything you can --- swimbaits , jigs , cranks , all plastics etc.....
If you can fish at night , there was a tourney there last week and 1st place finished with a 7lb average ( and no DD ) .
If you ever go there in the fall , you have got to go catfishing , bring a bag of unpeeled /uncooked shrimp and hang on --- we caught about 20 in 3 hours and biggest was 22lbs .
Last year , during the spawn , a guy landed a 15.7 largemouth using a spinnerbait .
The only warnings I would give are two ---- be extra careful if the wind picks up and if you have to travel through the " narrows " ( a distinct area that kinda separates the north end from the south end ) the waves can be huge . Second -- if an algae bloom happens when your there , it can be a really stinky smell and you'll want to be upwind .
If you travel all the way to Clear Lake , you might want to consider fishing Berryessa --- it's way different , but awesome fishing and only about 40 minutes away .
Good luck
Posted By: P_102

Re: Clear Lake - 06/28/20 10:03 PM

Oops....unfortunately, Clear Lake just south of Quitman. (Sorry for the mix-up). Looking for property in that area.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Clear Lake - 06/28/20 10:33 PM

roflmao that's awesome
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Clear Lake - 06/29/20 06:13 AM

roflmao
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Clear Lake - 06/29/20 11:18 AM

LMAO!!! That’s some really good advice though for the Cali version!!!
Posted By: Reel Addict

Re: Clear Lake - 06/29/20 02:24 PM

roflmao Funny!!!
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: Clear Lake - 06/29/20 07:28 PM

Clear Lake in Quitman is private. I rented a house there when I first moved to Texas. You have to be a member of the HOA to fish it and I think the fees are over $1k / year.

The lake fishes pretty good but it's not very big.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum