Texas Fishing Forum

Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale

Posted By: TOMCAT21

Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/27/20 01:39 PM

What is the over/under on TW having a 4th of July sale?
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/27/20 01:41 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/27/20 01:43 PM

Recreational businesses don't need to have sales with all of the business they are getting. TW can continue to make a killing without a sale.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/27/20 01:47 PM

no sense in discounting prices an have folks whining about backorders.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/27/20 04:47 PM

Zero, LBF will have one with 5 things being available. bang
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/27/20 06:20 PM

Left coast is Anti American loco
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/20 02:50 AM

Only time LBF has a sale is when their out of stock lol
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/20 03:52 AM

Sales like that are funded by the vendors in retail. TW isn’t going to discount products without funding by the manufacturer.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/20 10:37 AM

Academy's shelves are wiped clean. WalMart's shelves wiped clean. Local tackle stores wiped clean. Surprised TW hasn't raised prices.
Posted By: Sealyon

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/20 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Academy's shelves are wiped clean. WalMart's shelves wiped clean. Local tackle stores wiped clean. Surprised TW hasn't raised prices.

Add dicks and bass pro to the list,it's not being restocked either.for now.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/20 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sealyon

I'll never set foot in a Dicks
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/20 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Sales like that are funded by the vendors in retail. TW isn’t going to discount products without funding by the manufacturer.

The last few years I have been able to see more behind the scenes business related activities in the fishing industry and have not seen this be the norm. Granted a retailer will ask for exceptions on MAP pricing for sales or list exclusive items from that manufacturer or help a company clear excess/discontinued stock but I have not seen manufacturers funding these sales.
Manufacturers sometimes will provide POS items and help with advertising etc. Many retailers do not even buy direct from the manufacturer as well. There are rep groups and jobber type companies that supply many stores.
Posted By: jlp1

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/20 05:18 PM

Was in Bass Pro in Garland yesterday, lots of empty shelves, hardly any reels on display, found very little of what I was after.
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/20 06:45 PM

Hmmmm
Probably not
Posted By: Neal G

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/20 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

The last few years I have been able to see more behind the scenes business related activities in the fishing industry and have not seen this be the norm. Granted a retailer will ask for exceptions on MAP pricing for sales or list exclusive items from that manufacturer or help a company clear excess/discontinued stock but I have not seen manufacturers funding these sales.
Manufacturers sometimes will provide POS items and help with advertising etc. Many retailers do not even buy direct from the manufacturer as well. There are rep groups and jobber type companies that supply many stores.

cheers
Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/20 08:52 PM

Zero chance, they did not have memorial day sale this year

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/20 10:12 PM

Interesting!

Every time one of my accounts wanted to run a sale, we supported via back end rebates. Father’s Day, Black Friday, July fourth, every sale you see throughout the year like that, was funded by the vendor (and it would be even if the retailer bought product through a distributor, it would just be passed through). I was not in the outdoor industry, but I sold to brick and mortar and online, regional accounts, national accounts and distribution. It was mostly BERs and sometimes it would be discount pricing on an older product that the retailer was either out of stock on or they could dollar cost average. A lot of the time it was a chance to move through slow moving inventory but we often got reorders on stuff that was selling well and would sell really well with a few bucks off.

If I couldn’t get funding for a BER, sometimes but rarely, the retailer would take an ad fee instead of a BER and would just use that money to offer a few bucks off. But one way or another, the vendor was paying for it.

Good info, Mark. That’s interesting.
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/20 10:15 PM

I'd just like my order to be shipped within two weeks...
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/20 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Medinalakeguy

bolt
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/06/20 08:31 PM

Is it too late to take the under on this bet?
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/06/20 09:57 PM

then you have to select 2 day shipping. I made that mistake as I did not need something until next week so I selected ground....deliver date was not acceptable so I sent them an email with my order number and they changed it to 2 day....good customer service.
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/06/20 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

then you have to select 2 day shipping. I made that mistake as I did not need something until next week so I selected ground....deliver date was not acceptable so I sent them an email with my order number and they changed it to 2 day....good customer service.

Took 3 weeks to receive my order, if anyone was curious...
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/06/20 10:54 PM

Interesting!

Every time one of my accounts wanted to run a sale, we supported via back end rebates. Father’s Day, Black Friday, July fourth, every sale you see throughout the year like that, was funded by the vendor (and it would be even if the retailer bought product through a distributor, it would just be passed through). I was not in the outdoor industry, but I sold to brick and mortar and online, regional accounts, national accounts and distribution. It was mostly BERs and sometimes it would be discount pricing on an older product that the retailer was either out of stock on or they could dollar cost average. A lot of the time it was a chance to move through slow moving inventory but we often got reorders on stuff that was selling well and would sell really well with a few bucks off.

If I couldn’t get funding for a BER, sometimes but rarely, the retailer would take an ad fee instead of a BER and would just use that money to offer a few bucks off. But one way or another, the vendor was paying for it.

Years ago, I was in the business. On the manufacturing end. When a product was on sale, the manufacturer gave a P/A to the seller as compensation. The seller still had the same percentage of profit, the manufacturer moved more units to compensate.
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/07/20 02:19 AM

Isn’t a lot of the stuff made in China these days? If so, I’ll bet manufacturing hasn’t caught up yet so their supply isn’t as predictable as it was.

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/07/20 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Interesting!

Years ago, I was in the business. On the manufacturing end. When a product was on sale, the manufacturer gave a P/A to the seller as compensation. The seller still had the same percentage of profit, the manufacturer moved more units to compensate.

That’s my experience, too. Same margin (sometimes even a little better than standard) but the vendor was paying for the adjustment.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/07/20 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by JoeFriday
Isn’t a lot of the stuff made in China these days? If so, I’ll bet manufacturing hasn’t caught up yet so their supply isn’t as predictable as it was.

Sadly yes a ton of it is still manufactured in China. frown
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/07/20 07:10 PM

I placed 2 orders recently.

One on 6/20, it shipped 7/2, and I received it 7/7 on regular UPS via the "Free Shipping" by TW.

Second order placed 6/30, shipped on 7/1, received 7/3 on UPS paying the $11.00 for 2nd Day Air.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/07/20 07:18 PM

Check out Tackle Outfitters. Good 4th sale items.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/07/20 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by forkduc
Check out Tackle Outfitters. Good 4th sale items.

website? can't seem to find them

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/07/20 11:07 PM

I might have the name wrong Frank
I’ll research and let you know

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/08/20 04:51 PM

Sportsman’s outfitters
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/08/20 05:17 PM

After a quick trip to BASSPRO in Round Rock yesterday, it seems they are WAY behind on their orders. Their "reel" counter was basically vacant. Very few rods on the shelf, etc, etc. I would imagine it's hard to do a sale when product inventory is low to begin with.

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/08/20 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by forkduc
Sportsman’s outfitters

thumb, think their sale is over
Posted By: herbsteiner

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/08/20 08:43 PM

Out of FIVE Academy stores in the Austin Metroplex... and BTW Austin is the home of the original Academy, formerly known as Academy Surplus... but I digress. What I meant to say was that out of five stores in the greater Austin area of over 2 million people, there was exactly ONE Shimano SLX DC for sale.

Seems like there ought to be more, y'think?.

None at Bass Pro or Cabela's either. Just sayin' that in the ENTIRE Austin area there is ONE Shimano SLX DC. Is this due to a supply chain failure or what?
Posted By: Bilboinsa

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/08/20 09:32 PM

I was in Academy yesterday and BPS today. Stunned at the lack of inventory—at least rods. ONE single Ugly Stick!

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/08/20 10:06 PM

My local Academy just got a fresh load of Falcon rods. They are low again! bolt

They have (or had last Sunday) at least three SLX reels. Didn’t pay attention to if they’re DC or regular. Sorry.

They even had Senkos.

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/09/20 02:23 PM

Get on their e mails, have pretty much weekly sales.
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/09/20 03:00 PM

I have been keeping a running list waiting for Tacklewarehouse to get back in stock on stuff. I finally got a notice that an order is shipping that I put in 33 days ago. I got on Midwayusa.com, and they had 9 of the 10 items that Tacklewarehouse was out of stock on, ordered it at 7am this morning and just got a tracking number email an hour ago. Same prices except Midway was cheaper on 2 items. Website is not as detailed is their downside, so I use Tacklewarehouse to get better product photo shots etc, and then buy on Midway. Might want to check them out, I have bought quite a bit of hunting related stuff from them over the years and no issues.
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/09/20 05:55 PM

Tackle warehouse, being operated from California, may be in really bad shape.
Posted By: Fordntriton

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/09/20 05:58 PM

Supplies are low everywhere. If you're sitting on some new/ slightly used rods or reels, this would be a great time to sell them!
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/09/20 07:35 PM

I needed to order a replacement part from Daiwa out of CA. I called them up. They had the part in stock. I said, "great, let's do it." They said, "okay, you can expect to see it in about 8 weeks." I said, "I thought you said you had it in stock?" They said, "Yep, we do you should get it in 8 weeks." I said, "You have it in stock in CA or Japan?" They said, "CA."

Anyway, shipping is much of the problem in CA right now.

The broader issue with supply is due to China backlog. The part I don't understand is that supposedly China has been back up and running basically at full strength since late March. They supposedly haven't had many new cases of Rona since early March. Makes you wonder why the dots aren't connecting here.
Posted By: Mo_Cat

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/11/20 04:32 AM

Ordered from TW in Feb, couple Rock Crawlers still on backorder. Ordered more stuff in May, took 30 days to get order confirmation. Another week to get shipping tracking #. Was looking for some deep cranks on TW, nothing in stock.

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/13/20 03:36 AM

Think I’m going to post all my never used tackle for sale

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/13/20 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
I needed to order a replacement part from Daiwa out of CA. I called them up. They had the part in stock. I said, "great, let's do it." They said, "okay, you can expect to see it in about 8 weeks." I said, "I thought you said you had it in stock?" They said, "Yep, we do you should get it in 8 weeks." I said, "You have it in stock in CA or Japan?" They said, "CA."

The broader issue with supply is due to China backlog. The part I don't understand is that supposedly China has been back up and running basically at full strength since late March. They supposedly haven't had many new cases of Rona since early March. Makes you wonder why the dots aren't connecting here.

This is really not the place for Rona talk and certainly not questioning whether or not China is honest about what’s happening there.

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/13/20 03:59 AM

Damn, he made a logical statement. We can’t mention anything bad about China or question the reasoning? Wow, sounds like you’ve been watching too much cnn
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/21 02:19 PM

China might be at full tilt but they probably are not manufacturing stuff for next week’s orders so to speak, maybe few months from now’s orders would be my guess. Basically it’ll be a while before things get better. On a side note you’d think they would tell pros to try and shrink orders so there would be more products they could sell for more profit. ( talking about the prostaff who completely switch out their gear yearly)
Posted By: 1bassdaddy

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/21 03:23 PM

I placed an order of in-stock items with TW 13 days ago and although they verified the order there still has not been any notice of the items being shipped. Just saying.
Posted By: lunkerloser

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/21 03:53 PM

Actually Academy was started in San Antonio. But I remember when they had the tiny store beneath the I35 bridges. I stopped every time I went by.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Sports_%2B_Outdoors

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/21 04:52 PM

Stimmys and people not working and drawing on the JB un-emp train are draining the hobby markets of products and supplies
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/21 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by 1bassdaddy
I placed an order of in-stock items with TW 13 days ago and although they verified the order there still has not been any notice of the items being shipped. Just saying.

I have placed my last order with TW.

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/21 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSkeeter13

Don’t say that. Academy told me last week they are planning on limiting fishing related purchases to four items per visit. Like four packs of hooks. Or four packs of weights. Four packs of line. Four fish finders. Or. One of each.

….as in four items total!

I said I would quit shopping there.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/21 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by herbsteiner
Out of FIVE Academy stores in the Austin Metroplex... and BTW Austin is the home of the original Academy, formerly known as Academy Surplus... but I digress. What I meant to say was that out of five stores in the greater Austin area of over 2 million people, there was exactly ONE Shimano SLX DC for sale.

Seems like there ought to be more, y'think?.

None at Bass Pro or Cabela's either. Just sayin' that in the ENTIRE Austin area there is ONE Shimano SLX DC. Is this due to a supply chain failure or what?

it's a combination of supply chain issues ( caused by COVID ) and a complete change in consumer behavior ( again caused by COVID ) . Why would a retail store and /or manufacturer discount products they have a hard time getting ?
Look at other markets --- lumber , semiconductors , PCB's , plastics ----- ALL are raising prices ----- demand is so strong in these area's many are now thinking it stays this way for another year , possibly all the way through 2022
Posted By: goodman_fishing

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/21 09:45 PM

Order your Winter baits now, they'll show up by then.
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/21 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sealyon

I'll never set foot in a Dicks

Seconded
Posted By: PlanoTom

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/21 10:28 PM

I was in Tom Thumb the other day on the snack aisle and couldn’t find any Lay’s. An employee told me there was a chip shortage.
Posted By: SwimbaitRanger

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/21 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue

I sent a check for S&H when they had the Simms Tatula promo shirts. They arrived at the local FedEx hub and were lost. I called Daiwa and told them about it and they said they would send replacements. That was about 4 weeks ago. Those too I assume are lost
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/28/21 11:36 PM

For all of you bi$ching about the delayed shipping, just pay the 2 day shipping fee and blame COVID. The days of free 2-4 day shipping are over, at least for now, so just pony up and consider it a COVID tax. I've placed many orders in the last few months, pay the 2 day shipping fee, and get it the same week, plus TW has great CS.
Posted By: Cast_Away

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 01:11 AM

Took almost 4 weeks to get 1 in stock rod that I ordered. They were sure happy to charge my credit card well before they shipped it.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 01:50 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 01:52 AM

I think you can get it shipped in 2 days for $11 🤷‍♂️

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

great customer service. you gotta love how spoiled we have become and accustomed to free shipping like its no big deal when in reality free 2 day shipping is pretty logistically impressive considering the volume place like TW do.

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by danceswithbass
I have been keeping a running list waiting for Tacklewarehouse to get back in stock on stuff. I finally got a notice that an order is shipping that I put in 33 days ago. I got on Midwayusa.com, and they had 9 of the 10 items that Tacklewarehouse was out of stock on, ordered it at 7am this morning and just got a tracking number email an hour ago. Same prices except Midway was cheaper on 2 items. Website is not as detailed is their downside, so I use Tacklewarehouse to get better product photo shots etc, and then buy on Midway. Might want to check them out, I have bought quite a bit of hunting related stuff from them over the years and no issues.

anecdotal situation. no one comes close to tacklewarehouses inventory and selection....no ones even close. not even bass pro or cabelas....and thats johnny morris's racket! Mr Bass fishing....and TW still has better selection and inventory generally speaking.

Pick 10 things at random. Go to each site and see which you are able to load a cart with more of the stuff than the others with more color variety too....id be willing to bet TW will come out on top most all of the time.

Originally Posted by JohnButte
Tackle warehouse, being operated from California, may be in really bad shape.

Opening a new warehouse across the country is a strange indicator of being in bad shape 🤷‍♂️

Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda
Order your Winter baits now, they'll show up by then.

Unless you are ordering your baits a few days before you need them, youre guaranteed to catch dinks. Plus....Whats so hard about shipping? I mean they just put stuff in a box thats free as far as i know, then make it arrive hundred of miles away in working order with no further commitment from the consumer aside from opening the package whenever it arrives. Not that hard TW. TW is 100% trash. 🤦‍♂️ GET YOUR SHI_ together TW! If not....ill keep placing 3-4 separate $20-$40 orders across multiple sites to get what I want instead of shopping at TW and paying the unreasonably unfair $11 shipping charge......im pretty sure shipping is free after all. I mean i never pay for shipping via amazon so that checks out. Let the boycott begin

🤷‍♂️ roflmao

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
For all of you bi$ching about the delayed shipping, just pay the 2 day shipping fee and blame COVID. The days of free 2-4 day shipping are over, at least for now, so just pony up and consider it a COVID tax. I've placed many orders in the last few months, pay the 2 day shipping fee, and get it the same week, plus TW has great CS.

cheers

PLUS....lets not mention that the delivery dates are in bold red letters as you progress through placing your order.....so not sure how everyone is so seemingly surprised at the dates and progress....they have been on point with their estimates the couple times I decided not to pay the $11.
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 05:39 AM

I just order mine with the 2nd day delivery. Yea it’s $11 more but I find everything I want or need there and not having to buy from 4 different places to find it all. That in itself is well worth $11…then it’s here in 2 days from California to Alabama.
I will see what happens when they open their warehouse in Atlanta, that is only 100 miles away from me. Plus when All this COVID lockdown and the government stops paying people to stay home instead of getting a job, I’m thinking that every order will be processed a lot quicker, even the regular ground service orders.
Posted By: 1bassdaddy

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 03:30 PM

I'm calling BS on all of their excuses and the rationalizations people are making for them for not being able to perform at the same level of their prior business practices when magically $11 will fix all those issues.
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by bockscar

[Linked Image]

No lie here. I have placed orders with Tackle Direct and with MidwayUSA since my last order at TW. The order from Tackle Direct has already arrived and the one from MidwayUSA has already been shipped and will arrive Thursday. Still waiting on the TW order to be shipped. I'm done with them.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 06:33 PM

Mods please remove this topic as it will cause divorces after the sale is over! argue

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master
Mods please remove this topic as it will cause divorces after the sale is over! argue

It’s gonna hurt some feelings, that’s for sure

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by bockscar

[Linked Image]

No lie here. I have placed orders with Tackle Direct and with MidwayUSA since my last order at TW. The order from Tackle Direct has already arrived and the one from MidwayUSA has already been shipped and will arrive Thursday. Still waiting on the TW order to be shipped. I'm done with them.

Have you ever been super hungover before....to the point where you swear off alchohol and that youll never touch the stuff again? Well thats pretty much whats going on right now 🤷‍♂️🤔
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 09:20 PM

"Unfortunately, we will not be having a 4th of July sale this year." TW Staff

That was a response to a question on their Instagram a couple of hours ago.

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright

I figured the year was shot once the memorial day one didnt go down! I thought that one was a big deal cuz I always would hear the current/former military people mention how theyd stack the discount for them. Fingers crossed for Q4 to be more normal and maybe make sales a thing again 🤞

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 10:11 PM

With inventory levels so low across the fishing industry right now I am not sure how any tackle retailer can have a nationwide sale right now.

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 11:02 PM

They’re not going to have sale like Academy isn’t going to have a sale. They don’t have to. Retail for the year. No sales.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 11:06 PM

Good opportunity for a company who does have a sale to pick up a lot of new customers.

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 11:09 PM

TW says no sale for the brokies or stimmys

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/29/21 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Brent S
Good opportunity for a company who does have a sale to pick up a lot of new customers.

And then turn around and make them.mad when they have zero invSaleen. keep them buying after the sale ends. There were major companies unable to have a booth at Classic as they had no inventory.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/30/21 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

They’re not going to have sale like Academy isn’t going to have a sale. They don’t have to. Retail for the year. No sales.

Well heck no when they put their kvd 1.5/2.5 sqarebills on sale for $3.28 and i come across that. There's none left woot
Posted By: wmr

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 06/30/21 08:25 PM

Try Falcon Lake Tackle... freak

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/01/21 06:41 AM

if we are shouting out...McKee outdoors has some of the better selection ive seen outside of the more well known places. theyre on facebook. they legit get stuff at the same time/before TW and bass pro. he had the OG slims like a week or 2 before people were mentioning them at BPS. plus...im pretty sure they are a small mom and pop type deal! but they seem to know the right people to get the good stuff...and decent amounts too
Posted By: Pete Robbins

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/01/21 11:56 AM

I just made my first order from OmniaFishing.com. They had some items I need for a fall trip that are out of stock at TW and someone on BBC provided a 15% off code. I ordered on Wednesday, elected not to upgrade to 2-day shipping, and the order will be here on Saturday. They don't have nearly the selection of TW, but I it's another alternative (in addition to Fisherman's Central, The Hook Up, Susquehanna Tackle, the always-depleted LandBigFish and other online retailers)
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/01/21 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by PlanoTom
I was in Tom Thumb the other day on the snack aisle and couldn’t find any Lay’s. An employee told me there was a chip shortage.

roflmao
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/03/21 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

I just bought some stuff from Academy on sale and with a military discount.
banana
Posted By: RPD

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/03/21 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pete Robbins
I just made my first order from OmniaFishing.com. They had some items I need for a fall trip that are out of stock at TW and someone on BBC provided a 15% off code. I ordered on Wednesday, elected not to upgrade to 2-day shipping, and the order will be here on Saturday. They don't have nearly the selection of TW, but I it's another alternative (in addition to Fisherman's Central, The Hook Up, Susquehanna Tackle, the always-depleted LandBigFish and other online retailers)

Just made my 2nd order from them, the first order came fast the 2nd one has been shipped, so far there's been no hiccups.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/04/21 10:09 PM

TW is a hot mess, once a great company just sad these days

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/04/21 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pete Robbins

Some really good folks running Omnia too.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/04/21 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001

I suspect they will be fine

Re: Tackle Warehouse 4th of July Sale - 07/04/21 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by SC-001

I suspect they will be fine

That is my thought as well....they have given excellent service for several years and probably 100 orders. Not gonna kick em to the curb because of these small issues.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum