Texas Fishing Forum

Lake LBJ Advice

Posted By: montyb

Lake LBJ Advice - 06/24/20 05:49 PM

Going this weekend with family. I have never been on lake, taking my boat. Staying Horseshoe Bay- any general advice? for bass...
Posted By: speedboat

Re: Lake LBJ Advice - 06/24/20 07:22 PM

Go early, there will be 1000s of sky boats and jet skies out there.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Lake LBJ Advice - 06/24/20 07:42 PM

Just what speedboat said X 1000. Hope you have a good size deep V!!!!
Posted By: Crowbar

Re: Lake LBJ Advice - 06/24/20 09:40 PM

Yep...get a couple hours in EARLY before the wakemakers come alive and hit the green lights at night. Ton of docks in Horseshoe Bay have the green lights.
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Lake LBJ Advice - 06/24/20 09:47 PM

Saturday will be like the gulf by 11:00 am. Sundays are much quieter. There are a lot of dock lights on at night, but I haven't attempted to night fish yet
Posted By: thirtysixit

Re: Lake LBJ Advice - 06/24/20 10:17 PM

Fish the rocks by the clock tower. Just don't get startled when you're in the zone and it chimes...….
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: Lake LBJ Advice - 06/24/20 11:16 PM

There’s a gas station up in Kingsland named Wakepoint, it has some killer wings and bbq. Best thing is that it’s on the water with a really nice dock to tie to. Also there’s some bridge pilings right in front of it, that I always pull a bass of us wacky fishing.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Lake LBJ Advice - 06/25/20 02:41 PM

Go at night and look for underwater green lights on main lake docks. Thank me later. Leave the daylight hours for the crazies. That lake is brutal during the summer
Posted By: TxRabbitBane

Re: Lake LBJ Advice - 06/25/20 07:51 PM

I live near LBJ and I can’t figure that lake out. I can consistently catch fish, but finding the good ones are definitely a challenge. I need to make myself spend more time there.

As others have said, boat traffic on weekends can make stuff difficult.

Dock fishing is always a good choice. The peninsula drop off isn’t a bad choice either. Early in the morning, the dam area can be good, but it’s very much a community hole.

Creeks near the middle of the lake are hit or miss.

Caught a bunch of fish way uplake on the llano side last time I was there (past the bridge) but nothing big.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum