Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Raven?

Posted By: dk2429

Lake Raven? - 06/24/20 01:04 AM

Hows Raven fishing right now? Plan to stop there next Thursday morning (July 2nd) on the way to Crockett. Havent been there in awhile and wondering if its worth a dang to fish
Posted By: SkeeterHunter

Re: Lake Raven? - 06/24/20 01:13 AM

theres a lake raven facebook group that has some reports now and then. Might wanna check it out.

Re: Lake Raven? - 06/24/20 12:57 PM

No one else?
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Lake Raven? - 06/24/20 01:14 PM

TPW put fingerlings in there last Wed. We used to take the scouts there camping a lot. Big group every time and maybe 1 or 2 people caught a fish. Supposed to be some good ones in there but hard to catch. I would not make a trip there unless going there camping.

Re: Lake Raven? - 06/24/20 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kisndismis
TPW put fingerlings in there last Wed. We used to take the scouts there camping a lot. Big group every time and maybe 1 or 2 people caught a fish. Supposed to be some good ones in there but hard to catch. I would not make a trip there unless going there camping.

I've fished there a few times before and have caught some hogs out of there on frogs. It's a great lake! I just haven't been there in a long time and wondering if it's real muddy and nasty right now or if the fishing is worth a dang. It wont be out of my way... I cant check in at Houston County until 3pm so stopping there on the way up 45 doesnt hurt me
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Lake Raven? - 06/24/20 06:44 PM

Fishing 10+ years ago was great. I have made 2 trips in the past 18 months and it has been tough fishing. The people I know that still fish it fairly often have said it has been tough since the I-45 construction run-off muddied up the lake a few years back.

Based on my last 2 trips it would be hard to say it is worth the stop. And I have a lot of history with Raven having grown up in Huntsville, we used to fish it often and 5-8# fish were common. Prior to my last 2 trips it had been close to 10 years since I fished there though. Also, there have always been gators in Raven, but they are everywhere now, lots more than there used to be (according to my memory).
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum