Texas Fishing Forum

Minn Kota repair, Austin or San Antonio

Posted By: leethefishking

Minn Kota repair, Austin or San Antonio - 06/22/20 03:05 PM

Hit a rock with my Fortrex yesterday morning during champs on Amistad and now it sounds like a blender. Any idea on reputable repair shops in either area?
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Minn Kota repair, Austin or San Antonio - 06/22/20 03:45 PM

Lee you should have dropped it off at Jerry's Trolling Motor in Del Rio. He is an ASC tech for Minn Kota..(830) 774-3271
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Minn Kota repair, Austin or San Antonio - 06/22/20 04:00 PM

Texas Boat World in Harker Heights
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Minn Kota repair, Austin or San Antonio - 06/22/20 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by 6BOOMER
Lee you should have dropped it off at Jerry's Trolling Motor in Del Rio. He is an ASC tech for Minn Kota..(830) 774-3271
Man, I wished I would have known that. Used him several years ago but he was threatening to retire even back then.
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Minn Kota repair, Austin or San Antonio - 06/22/20 08:11 PM

Boerne Marine, Minn Kota ASC
Posted By: skeeter17584

Re: Minn Kota repair, Austin or San Antonio - 06/23/20 11:12 AM

Had bad experience in Del Rio with Jerry's on a brand new Ultrex. Had to buy a used Fortrex to fish Amistad. Returned to San Antonio and had to return new Ultrex to BPS. I have used Boerne Marine on other Minn Kota and they did super job when they could get the parts in. first time was on a Ultrex and they had it repaired in 3 hours, 2nd time on Ulterra and it took 3 months to get parts hence the New Ultrex. The Ulterra is in their shop now for repair. They are alittle behind due to repair demands. Just installed a Ghost and will use the Ulterra as backup and sell used Fortrex
Posted By: boocat

Re: Minn Kota repair, Austin or San Antonio - 06/23/20 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rickmb
Boerne Marine, Minn Kota ASC

good to know
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum