Texas Fishing Forum

L Houston Cleaned up Again

Posted By: Kisndismis

L Houston Cleaned up Again - 06/22/20 12:12 PM

Fished the lake yesterday and in the last week they have come in and cleared out ALL of the structure on the shorelines, very similar to the cleanup they did before dredging the river. The fish just cant get a break and there was a stocking of 50K fingerlings there last Wednesday. I hope they were all able to hunker down!! After yesterday, I am likely storing the bass stuff til fall and committing to saltwater.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: L Houston Cleaned up Again - 06/22/20 12:41 PM

Yeah they are destroying what little bass fishing we had on Houston. But they don't care the lake serves another purpose.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: L Houston Cleaned up Again - 06/22/20 05:03 PM

Lake Houston never did a worth a damn for me, not even up in Luce Bayou. I do want to try white bass fishing soon up the forks but I have no clue how to run them, or what to do to target them.

I sure wish Houston was a good solid bass lake.. Close to home and big enough to open her up!
Posted By: RKT

Re: L Houston Cleaned up Again - 06/23/20 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by dk2429
Lake Houston never did a worth a damn for me, not even up in Luce Bayou. I do want to try white bass fishing soon up the forks but I have no clue how to run them, or what to do to target them.

I sure wish Houston was a good solid bass lake.. Close to home and big enough to open her up!

Why would you want to go up river for whites in the summer? They are on the main lake on structure in the summer or schooling on shad. I am not seeing topwater action yet.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: L Houston Cleaned up Again - 06/23/20 01:54 PM

Goes to show what I know... I've just always heard of people catching them up the east fork. I'd give someone a free trip on Houston if they wanna show me how to fish it for white bass!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum