Texas Fishing Forum

Boat Storage on Lake Conroe

Posted By: Mark in Frisco

Boat Storage on Lake Conroe - 06/22/20 10:28 AM

Does anyone know of any boat storage on Conroe that caters to bass fishermen (off of the beaten path)? Just trying to stay away from all of the water skiers.
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Boat Storage on Lake Conroe - 06/22/20 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mark in Frisco
Does anyone know of any boat storage on Conroe that caters to bass fishermen (off of the beaten path)? Just trying to stay away from all of the water skiers.

Stowaway Marina has boat storage on their facility. There’s a couple on Calvary Rd. before you get there also.
Posted By: rkd

Re: Boat Storage on Lake Conroe - 06/22/20 03:10 PM

Stowaway is excellent. Close to ramp and I rarely if ever ran into water skiers. Facility was secure with electrical hook ups. A little longer drive if you're coming from town as it's at the far north end of the lake.
Posted By: jazz

Re: Boat Storage on Lake Conroe - 06/23/20 01:40 PM

any idea on approx cost
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Boat Storage on Lake Conroe - 06/24/20 12:30 AM

Stowaway only has about 20 and pretty much always a waiting list. Call Vince at the marina. They were $100 a month but I think they went up to $125. You get free launches which usually cost $10. Factor in about $10 a month for rat poison....lol. Concrete in the storage but limestone rock drive.

There are a number of others close by. Most of them also have concrete drives. I had my bass boat at both. It’s 6 of one a half dozen of another.

Good luck getting away from skiers and other madness on Lake Conroe although it’s better up north. It’s always been bad but this year with Corona the stupidity is al a record high. It’s amazing what the idiots will do after about 10am.
Posted By: rkd

Re: Boat Storage on Lake Conroe - 06/24/20 01:36 PM

I forgot the mention the rat poison and limestone rock drive. I got lucky-they didn't chew any of my wires/seats/carpet but they definitely made the back of my boat a resting area. And if you are like me and wipe your boat down after every trip, the cloud of dust that settles on your clean boat after driving across the limestone drive is a bit aggravating. There is another storage facility (can't remember the name) less than a 1/4 mile away from Stowaway (on the main road leading to Stowaway) that has a lot more stalls. Same setup and I think it's about the same price.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum