Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin TM vs Lowrance

Posted By: lundy

Garmin TM vs Lowrance - 06/21/20 12:20 AM

Any more input on likes dislikes?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Garmin TM vs Lowrance - 06/21/20 01:32 AM

I have the garmin and am lovin it. anchor lock works excellent, plenty of power (mine is on 36v).
Posted By: mudd

Re: Garmin TM vs Lowrance - 06/21/20 03:22 AM

Depends on who u ask. Got 2 buddies with Garmins and both have nothing but issues. Spot lock never works right and delays on pedal to head issues. One just got the Ghost and loves it. He actually had me order 2 more for his buddies
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Garmin TM vs Lowrance - 06/21/20 12:31 PM

Never buy first release of these things... I'll consider one in a year or two when kinks are worked out and we have enough data to matter
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Garmin TM vs Lowrance - 06/21/20 01:47 PM

stir popcorn
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Garmin TM vs Lowrance - 06/21/20 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by catslayer
Never buy first release of these things... I'll consider one in a year or two when kinks are worked out and we have enough data to matter

I’ve had my Lowrance since thanksgiving and have used it almost every weekend since then, zero issues with mine yet. So, not sure there will be any changes in the first year, plus it’s already been out for a few years on a few prostaffer boats.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Garmin TM vs Lowrance - 06/21/20 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by catslayer

I’ve had my Lowrance since thanksgiving and have used it almost every weekend since then, zero issues with mine yet. So, not sure there will be any changes in the first year, plus it’s already been out for a few years on a few prostaffer boats.

Not ALL the ultrexes lost thier mind and spun in circles and jerked the wire out... But some did

You can get lucky... I like to make the best luck possible haha
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum