Texas Fishing Forum

Best Place to Order Casting Rods

Posted By: Tiger Blue Fan

Best Place to Order Casting Rods - 06/17/20 10:50 PM

I need to pull the trigger on 6 - 8 Falcon BuCoo or Lowrider casting rods. I can pay retail anywhere - any tips on saving a few bucks?

Seems like Tackle Warehouse runs a few sales per year?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Best Place to Order Casting Rods - 06/17/20 11:26 PM

Go to Southwest service in Dallas. They will give you a “cash” deal and maybe more. They are a Falcon dealer, among many others.
Posted By: SWH

Re: Best Place to Order Casting Rods - 06/18/20 12:40 AM

I like Academy as they are everywhere but their selection on the Bucoo and Lowriders is limited. However, their lax return policy is comforting but haven’t had to use it on any of my Falcons.

The last two though I bought from tackle warehouse the 6’10 finesse jig since Academy didn’t carry it and the 7’ Mh F lowrider as it was 10% off.
Posted By: thirtysixit

Re: Best Place to Order Casting Rods - 06/18/20 01:06 AM

Tackle Warehouse sale on black Friday is the cat's pajamas. Not sure when the next sale will be.... Labor day perhaps??? They also give a good military discount and possibly a first responder discount but im not positive about the latter.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Best Place to Order Casting Rods - 06/18/20 01:50 AM

I always start with eBay.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Best Place to Order Casting Rods - 06/18/20 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by thirtysixit
Tackle Warehouse sale on black Friday is the cat's pajamas. Not sure when the next sale will be.... Labor day perhaps??? They also give a good military discount and possibly a first responder discount but im not positive about the latter.

They called off their last sale.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Best Place to Order Casting Rods - 06/18/20 04:09 PM

Southwest parts
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Best Place to Order Casting Rods - 06/18/20 10:48 PM

LandBigFish.com is running a lot of specialty sales lately with 20% off, in general they are 1% better on the military discount than TW. I'm sure both TW and LBF will be having a July 4th sale. Both of these retailers do a really good job and I highly rate them both.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Best Place to Order Casting Rods - 06/18/20 10:54 PM

TW has been 3-6 weeks to ship some orders barf
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Best Place to Order Casting Rods - 06/19/20 01:21 AM

Power Tackle
Posted By: Barn

Re: Best Place to Order Casting Rods - 06/19/20 12:53 PM

Academy is having a 25% off sale on reels and combos. They might have a Rod Riot sale later like they typically do. However, based on current events they may want to rethink the name of the sale. wink
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Best Place to Order Casting Rods - 06/20/20 04:58 PM

Tackle warehouse?
Posted By: Fordntriton

Re: Best Place to Order Casting Rods - 06/21/20 02:01 PM

Like others have said, contact Shane at Southwestern Parts. He carries Falcon, Shimano, GLoomis and other rods. It’s a local, second generation store so it’s always great supporting a local company in this industry! You’ll get competitive pricing and great service before and after the sale!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum