Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing Fayette County

Posted By: Fayettefishing

Fishing Fayette County - 06/15/20 03:57 AM

I fish Fayette county almost exclusively and most years stop going in May but didn't go last month and decided to go one more time before it just gets to hot with water temps in the 90's. On Thursday the the 11th with low humidity and a reasonable temp decided to give it a try. On the water about 7am we found a few more boats than I expected I guess not everyone has had to go back to work yet. If you are familiar with the lake we started along the baffel dike in about 8 to 10fow and had no takers. Moved to the East side in some timber still very little action. Water temp about 88. Finally found a fairly consistent bite in 10 to 15 fow on a couple of points with a little breeze blowing. We fished until about 6:30 caught about 30 for the day. One fish a little over 5 and only 3 that would have been keepers the rest were typical mid slot Fayette county football's. All fish came on 5'' watermelon red senkos rigged on 3/16 or 1/4 oz.shakeyhead.

Not a spectacular day but better than I had expected. I have noticed several recent posts about crowded conditions, and a plague of people throwing cast netsfor tilapia which I have seen in the past but I guess the not weather has discouraged some of them. I love this lake if you have not fished it you should give it a try next fall October and November can be very good. I never fish on weekends but without the world shut down by the government mid week usually allows you to have the lake almost to yourself. I rarely get to fish more than a couple of days a month so I don,t mind sharing what has to be among the best bass lakes in Texas. So go fishing
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Fishing Fayette County - 06/15/20 11:01 AM

The hotter the air the better the Fayette fishing for me. Fish get very predictable when the water is super hot.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum