Texas Fishing Forum

OxyMax/Recirc/AutoFill Question

Posted By: rkd

OxyMax/Recirc/AutoFill Question - 06/09/20 04:39 PM

My (new to me) 2018 Skeeter has an Oxymax system. I've never used one before. Now that we've got a few threads on summer mortality-do you keep the OxyMax system ON during the entire time you have a fish in a well? And during these summer months, do you use Recirc or AutoFill? If I treat the water with an additive and add a frozen water bottle (or two), wouldn't Auto Fill just pump out the good water and refill with the top layer of hot water from the lake?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: OxyMax/Recirc/AutoFill Question - 06/09/20 04:53 PM

AutoFill, no. Full up, plug the overflow drains and close the valve.

OxyMax - not really. It will warm your cooled water some, and it doesn't play nice with the mineral content of some of our lakes (Texoma/Squaw Creek).

Recirc - Absolutely!

Re: OxyMax/Recirc/AutoFill Question - 06/09/20 04:59 PM

Thanks David. How do you plug the overfill drains? And recirc on "manual" or "auto" once the wells are full?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: OxyMax/Recirc/AutoFill Question - 06/09/20 06:26 PM

During the heat of the summer - Manual (constant on). You can go from high to low auto depending on water temp and fish health as we cool down/warm up.

There should be a small bail, 1/2" - 1" I think, hole inside the livewell(s) near the top, plug with standard bail plugs. My boat came with them in the owner's materials.
Posted By: Trever

Re: OxyMax/Recirc/AutoFill Question - 06/09/20 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by rkd
Thanks David. How do you plug the overfill drains?

I have a 2018 Skeeter as well. Here is a pic showing the hole in the livewell. Two plugs came with my boat..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: OxyMax/Recirc/AutoFill Question - 06/09/20 07:10 PM

Thanks for the pic Trever! Never knew those could be plugged. Didn't end up with the plugs when I bought the boat but I can find replacements.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: OxyMax/Recirc/AutoFill Question - 06/09/20 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by rkd
Thanks for the pic Trever! Never knew those could be plugged. Didn't end up with the plugs when I bought the boat but I can find replacements.

T & H Marine sells them (usually in bulk to boat builders) but I think you can buy a 2 pack also. There are multiple sizes, so you might want to call Skeeter to ask which size is the correct one for fit in your boat.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum