Texas Fishing Forum

Metal caught in ray Roberts

Posted By: Lakeforking2504

Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 04:57 AM

I caught a piece of what I believe is aluminum in lake ray Roberts it look like it was hot when it entered the water and cooled. Has anyone seen anything like this?
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 05:12 AM

Shuttle Debris
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
Shuttle Debris

angel2
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
Shuttle Debris

Probably
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 11:33 AM

Got a pic?

If it is related to the shuttle disaster, I would think NASA might be interested in it? Or maybe not.

I'm pretty sure they've closed their investigation.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 12:30 PM

Was it a Coors Light beer can? My dad is guilty of sinking his beer cans.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Got a pic?

If it is related to the shuttle disaster, I would think NASA might be interested in it? Or maybe not.

Part of the shuttle would be worth a great deal of money I would think.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 12:47 PM

wopics
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by 9094
Got a pic?

Part of the shuttle would be worth a great deal of money.

On the flip side....part of a Basstracker would be ...well....not worth a great deal. Haha

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Got a pic?

Part of the shuttle would be worth a great deal of money.

On the flip side....part of a Basstracker would be ...well....not worth a great deal. Haha

Probably a beer can thrown in a camp fire when the lake was low. Again not worth as much as a piece of a bass tracker!
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 12:53 PM

wopics
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 01:09 PM

Got a pic?

Part of the shuttle would be worth a great deal of money I would think.

its all over east texas lakes
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lakeforking2504
I caught a piece of what I believe is aluminum in lake ray Roberts it look like it was hot when it entered the water and cooled. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Yes, I have seen something exactly like that.

Quite a magnificent find. Aluminum, heat, and water are so rare. Has to be from space.

Are you guys serious about even trying to answer this question? That lake is on top of land that has been farmed, ranched and lived on since before aluminum was discovered. It could be 100,000,000,000,000 different things. Farmers used to throw any and everything into a fire , metal, wood, broken down peices of equipment, tools you name it. There is no way the OP can tell by looking at it that it was hot then entered the lake and cooled off quickly. Ain't gonna happen. A zillion scenarios.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 01:29 PM

It could be a lot of different things. There is lots of debris that falls from space, but it could also be a plane crash, explosion, or something else.
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 01:35 PM

My buddy was on Palestine the day Columbia went down. He said that was the most scared hes ever been in his life. The parts would come down with a loud whistle then hit the water. He said one part sounded like it was about the size of a Volkswagen hit about 100 yards from them. Made a major wave. They beached and hid under some trees. They were both shaking. Didnt find out til later what it was.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 01:36 PM

No one asked so I will. Did you keep it?
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by ReelSlow

Quite a magnificent find. Aluminum, heat, and water are so rare. Has to be from space.

Are you guys serious about even trying to answer this question? That lake is on top of land that has been farmed, ranched and lived on since before aluminum was discovered. It could be 100,000,000,000,000 different things. Farmers used to throw any and everything into a fire , metal, wood, broken down peices of equipment, tools you name it. There is no way the OP can tell by looking at it that it was hot then entered the lake and cooled off quickly. Ain't gonna happen. A zillion scenarios.

Thanks for squashing our buddies awesome find...….
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckhunter

Thanks for squashing our buddies awesome find...….

Yeah, sorry, I'm just jealous of someone else finding a piece of aluminum. flehan

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 03:51 PM

What if it is unobtainium? That would be a major find. I would take it to a science lab and have it tested.
You got your zeros wrong for a zillion though. It would take a billion zeros to write out a zillion.
Posted By: PondFish

Re: Metal caught in ray Roberts - 06/09/20 04:26 PM

Even if it's the longest of long shots that it's a piece of Columbia you should let local LEOs know and see if they know who to get in touch with.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum