Texas Fishing Forum

Luck on the Colony Branch of Lake Lewisville?

Posted By: Mofishin1990

Luck on the Colony Branch of Lake Lewisville? - 06/05/20 03:31 PM

I'm going to be hitting up this spot tomorrow. Anybody had any luck here? Looks like it might be fishy enough.

Attached picture Screenshot_20200605-102857_Maps.jpg
Posted By: chrisred214

Re: Luck on the Colony Branch of Lake Lewisville? - 06/05/20 03:41 PM

crappie and channel cats. was out there on monday.
Posted By: rkd

Re: Luck on the Colony Branch of Lake Lewisville? - 06/05/20 03:51 PM

From the bridge it looks like it could be a decent spring time spot with all the timber and shallow flats. From personal experience on Lewisville, the bass don't hang out in those shallow upper reaches when the summer heat kicks in.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Luck on the Colony Branch of Lake Lewisville? - 06/05/20 03:56 PM

looks fishy because of all the brush that grows in there when that part of the lake goes dry during draught.
Posted By: metalruch1

Re: Luck on the Colony Branch of Lake Lewisville? - 06/05/20 04:24 PM

It is really shallow except the creek channel that goes way back...I agree with others about Bass congregating here at this time of year...they will be in deeper water .or closer to deeper water access...it looks amazing...funnel points, shallow flats next to deeper creek channel, but I've never had a lot of success there...
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: Luck on the Colony Branch of Lake Lewisville? - 06/05/20 05:22 PM

Poo-Poo slough is what I've always called it from the stench the water treatment plant emits. Good bass in the spring, catfish ok on the flats out from the soccer place. Really just a big mud flat with a small silted creek. Much better places on south towards Stewart's Creek Park & the marina, imo.
Posted By: Mofishin1990

Re: Luck on the Colony Branch of Lake Lewisville? - 06/06/20 12:45 AM

I’m glad I asked lol. I might end up going to twin coves on Grapevine instead.
Posted By: Pitdad

Re: Luck on the Colony Branch of Lake Lewisville? - 06/06/20 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mofishin1990
I’m glad I asked lol. I might end up going to twin coves on Grapevine instead.

If you chose Twin Coves, looked like you had lots of company based on what I saw when I drove by today.
Posted By: WattoFish

Re: Luck on the Colony Branch of Lake Lewisville? - 06/07/20 12:49 PM

Is there decent fishing this time of year up by Little Elm Park? I have a buddy with a house in one of the coves on the south side of the Eldorado bridge and I'd like to give it a go around that stretch of the lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum