Texas Fishing Forum

Graphing points and other stuff

Posted By: haleywp

Graphing points and other stuff - 06/04/20 03:54 PM

If you had only one graph (fish finder) at the console and could only put three views on the screen what three views would you put? I typically split the screen with maps, SI, and 2D sonar with SI being the larger. I have a Humminbird with the 3 pre-selection buttons and bounce between the view with maps, SI, and 2D sonar on the screen and a favorite pre-selection screen with SI, DI, and 2D sonar with SI being the larger view. It would be nice to have an additional graph to run maps and 2D sonar. Maybe one day I will.

On the front deck what views do you put on the screen? I typically have maps and 2D sonar. Sometimes I will have maps, 2D sonar, and DI with maps being the larger as a view. I feel when fishing and using the trolling motor I am moving to slow for the DI to be of much use. I do not have SI on the graph on the front deck.

Pat Haley

Edit: The joke is on me and spell check. Thanks for pointing the grafting word out that was used for the word graph.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Grafting points and other stuff - 06/04/20 03:54 PM

Graph
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Grafting points and other stuff - 06/04/20 03:57 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Grafting points and other stuff - 06/04/20 03:59 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Grafting points and other stuff - 06/04/20 04:34 PM

I was already guessing what I was going to see when I opened this thread! roflmao

I must say you are predictable - and you beat me to it. I'll be back later; I'm going to go check the skag on my lower unit for abuse.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Grafting points and other stuff - 06/04/20 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by senko9S
[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Grafting points and other stuff - 06/04/20 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
I'll be back later; I'm going to go check the skag on my lower unit for abuse.

Skank, skag, or skeg.....your drugs will get wet if you leave 'em under water too long...….
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Grafting points and other stuff - 06/04/20 10:57 PM

I run SI,DI and 2D on my rear unit and switch to SI/map on a preset button. On my front, honestly, I rarely turn it on any more but when I do I use 2D and DI. I fish the same lakes over and over so the map view is less significant to me.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Grafting points and other stuff - 06/04/20 11:40 PM

Mostly gps & 2d, sometimes gps & down imagine if deeper than my rod tip on the bow. Either way you cant catch a fish without a line in the water
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Grafting points and other stuff - 06/04/20 11:55 PM

Maps and contours all the way. Both units. Not interested in seeing fish until they are on the carpet. Already know that there is an irregular feature sitting under that WayPoint.
Posted By: SkeeterHunter

Re: Grafting points and other stuff - 06/05/20 05:08 PM

If i'm looking at an unfamiliar spot, I have the map on the left (30/70 split) with the SI over the DI
Posted By: BigTxBassMan

Re: Grafting points and other stuff - 06/05/20 10:52 PM

Mapping, SI, DI on console, Mapping and 2D up front
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum