Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts open?

Posted By: 21sammy

Ray Roberts open? - 05/31/20 04:04 AM

Sorry if this has been asked recently, but does anyone know if the state park boat ramps on ray roberts are currently open? If so how does the money transfer work or are you required to get the annual pass?
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Ray Roberts open? - 05/31/20 04:11 AM

Buck is closed I believe. Last I heard you have to get whatever pass online, the pay boxes are shutdown. You should call IDB state park to be sure.
Posted By: 21sammy

Re: Ray Roberts open? - 05/31/20 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
Buck is closed I believe. Last I heard you have to get whatever pass online, the pay boxes are shutdown. You should call IDB state park to be sure.

Okay thank you, we were planning on putting in at buck so I’m glad I asked!
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Ray Roberts open? - 05/31/20 10:25 AM

Get there Early , Sanger and Pond were packed yesterday
Posted By: Bassdeer

Re: Ray Roberts open? - 05/31/20 12:34 PM

I just launched at Buck a week ago, and yes get you day pass on line and print it up.

Re: Ray Roberts open? - 05/31/20 02:29 PM

Drove by Buck , wednesday and the walkway was on the parking lot

Re: Ray Roberts open? - 05/31/20 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bassdeer
I just launched at Buck a week ago, and yes get you day pass on line and print it up.

We were one of the last boats leaving there Monday evening. I think they closed it that night.
Posted By: Undertow

Re: Ray Roberts open? - 05/31/20 04:08 PM

So Pond Creek is actually open?

Re: Ray Roberts open? - 05/31/20 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Undertow
So Pond Creek is actually open?

Yes
Posted By: Undertow

Re: Ray Roberts open? - 05/31/20 04:26 PM

So can you still just pay the ramp fee in the box? Because ya can’t get the “day pass” online because it doesn’t give you the option of boat ramp use and they claim the Park is full. Kinda ticks me off that the state park system has all the power at Ray Bob despite the actual water way being governed by Army COE.
Posted By: Pitdad

Re: Ray Roberts open? - 05/31/20 05:18 PM

The day pass gives you access to the boat ramp. I've done this several times at Isle du Bois. Make your reservation early because they sell out and you won't get in the gate. The Sanger ramp and the Pond Creek are open. If you have Texas Park Pass you just put your pass on the dash and launch. Without, there's a pay station as I recollect. Sorry didn't pay much attention to the pay stations since I have the park pass.

Re: Ray Roberts open? - 05/31/20 06:27 PM

There no way to pay at the ramps, they are covered in plastic. So i guess get a state park pass. that's what we do.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Ray Roberts open? - 06/01/20 02:50 PM

If you are launching at IDB or Johnson Branch, an online day pass is required to get in the park. If you are launching at Pond Creek or Jordan or one of those ramp only type parks, the park pass is the easiest route and that goes on the dash or in the hanger they give you with the bar code facing out.
Posted By: 521Rangerman

Re: Ray Roberts open? - 06/01/20 11:26 PM

The park pass IS $70 good for a year.Launching was $7 per person.They should let you pay on line to launch for $7.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum