Texas Fishing Forum

Llano and James River

Posted By: waffles

Llano and James River - 05/28/20 10:31 PM

Anyone fished where they meet at and futher down, gonna be in that area this weekend, have never fished the llano river, and help would be appreciated
Posted By: McKinneyLonghorn

Re: Llano and James River - 05/28/20 11:03 PM

I’ve never fished that particular stretch but generally when fishing the hill country rivers just find a low-water crossing where there is parking available and wade/paddle either up or downstream. The Llano is a great river. Enjoy.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Llano and James River - 05/29/20 03:26 AM

I have canoed and fished the Llano just above the area you are talking about many times. From Junction down to Yates Crossing(Ranch Road 385). I have also fished many times below where you are talking about from Castell to Llano. Great bass fishing all along the Llano and South Llano Rivers. Lots of bass lures work. Small cranks, small spinner baits, beetle spins, small top waters, worms in slower stretches.... but hands down the best river bait I have ever used: 3”-4” curly tailed grub on a 3/16-1/4oz jig head. Any color you want.....as long as it’s chartreuse! Spinning rod with lighter line. Fish everywhere but really work the small riffles and rapids especially the pools just below rapids. River bass really like moving water. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Todd13

Re: Llano and James River - 08/13/20 02:06 AM

Has the Llano fully recovered from the flood? I felt last spring fish were still not where they usually are. Thoughts?
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Llano and James River - 08/13/20 04:05 AM

Probably need to post this in the kayak section
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum