Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Bob Classic?!?!?!

Posted By: qpm05a

Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/27/20 06:32 PM

March 19-21 2021 Bassmaster classic on Ray Roberts. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/27/20 06:35 PM

Yep.
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/27/20 06:48 PM

Going to be interesting.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/27/20 06:49 PM

Let's get a pot going for the number of lower units that get clobbered!
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/27/20 07:00 PM

Just a tad early for RR
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/27/20 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1
Just a tad early for RR

Kinda depends, last year I caught good qtys of big fish early in March. This year it was April before I caught them a little better. If the water is still sub 50 degrees, I think it will be tough for them.
Posted By: qpm05a

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/27/20 07:54 PM

I just hope to pick up some general info for productive patterns / areas that time of year. I stumble into a good one every now and then, but hard to string more than a bite or two together for me at this lake
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/27/20 08:02 PM

Dont know who in city of Ft Worth got this done but that person should have their position for life! WOW
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/27/20 09:21 PM

I'm stoked!!! My backyard lake and ready to see what they do that I can't...besides not catch fish. AHAHAHAHAH
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/27/20 09:40 PM

All I know is my birthday is the 23. I’ll be there for this classic
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/27/20 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet

All I know is my birthday is the 19th. I’ll be there for this classic
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/27/20 11:34 PM

My buddy told me he thinks this will set up similarly to Conroe...we'll see some big sacks and we'll see a lot of dudes get there butts kicked and the lake could lend itself to another Jordan Lee type of surge. I think I agree because we all know that lake has em but she can be a stingy heifer.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/28/20 12:41 AM

It’s Texas and it’s early spring, it will all depends on the amount of rain and the weather patterns.

Some will do really good, some not so good.

I say 67 pounds wins
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/28/20 12:46 AM

If the weather and water levels are stable they will wack them, it will take well over 75 lbs to win it if the conditions are good.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/28/20 01:27 AM

Someone will figure them out they always do
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/28/20 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by ReelSlow
Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet

All I know is my birthday is the 19th. I’ll be there for this classic

My birthday is in another month so I might be able to make it to this one! cheers
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/28/20 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
If the weather and water levels are stable they will wack them, it will take well over 75 lbs to win it if the conditions are good.

Kamper is correct! Remember these guys do fish for a living and have money / contacts. I foresee a big week long party for us bystanders!! bouncy
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/28/20 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by fivebites
Let's get a pot going for the number of lower units that get clobbered!

+1 lol you see how these guys ran on fork....
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/28/20 03:12 AM

I imagine half the guys here will be getting phone calls shortly from a pro wanting a “tour”....
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/28/20 04:15 PM

Looking forward to going to the Expo and probably the weigh-in events.

Like other guys said it could be a bit early and water-temps in mid to upper 50's but those pros should figure out some patterns.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/28/20 04:25 PM

Will the government allow for an Expo is the question?
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/29/20 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper

North Texas weather in mid-late March is always a dice roll. It will be interesting for sure.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/29/20 07:25 PM

early for RR. i bet a few bust 25 lbs per day and maybe a few bags over 30 but it will be harder for most. the Merc trailer is gonna be busy.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/29/20 07:29 PM

March wind and rain.
Posted By: GreaseMonkey

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/30/20 01:15 PM

This could be my worst nightmare. If they catch some monsters it'll bring out everyone within 3 hours of RR hoping to catch a share lunker. I'd rather the lake be less traveled and keep its reputation as a difficult, no fish, no bite, dead water, frustrating to all anglers lake. Just sayin... laugh
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/30/20 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Leealan33
This could be my worst nightmare. If they catch some monsters it'll bring out everyone within 3 hours of RR hoping to catch a share lunker. I'd rather the lake be less traveled and keep its reputation as a difficult, no fish, no bite, dead water, frustrating to all anglers lake. Just sayin... laugh

They'll come, they'll struggle, they won't return.

It is nearly impossible for the lake to be busier than it was this spring.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/30/20 06:02 PM

I think if they struggle us locals will say its Roberts just being Roberts. If they catch them good then some will say its hecause they got local help.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/30/20 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I think if they struggle us locals will say its Roberts just being Roberts. If they catch them good then some will say its hecause they got local help.

Great point... let’s remember what KVD did on Lewisville, broke the lake record on a shakey head. How many 10+ will be weighed in? But I will agree, the mercury trailer will be busy R & R’ing lower units... maybe they need to bring Opti out of retirement?
Posted By: GreaseMonkey

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/31/20 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by adam_p
Originally Posted by Leealan33

They'll come, they'll struggle, they won't return.

It is nearly impossible for the lake to be busier than it was this spring.

You're absolutely correct. I have been fishing RR since 1999 and have never seen this many boats. I'll concede the weekends and tournaments, but give me back Mon-Thurs.

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/31/20 02:03 PM

I think it will be a good tournament if they have the weather but I believe it will be as most tournaments go some will figure something out and do good and some will struggle.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/31/20 02:31 PM

They will do good because they are that good.

Re: Ray Bob Classic?!?!?! - 05/31/20 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit 200 XP

They will do good because they are that good.

I agree buddy
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum