Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing up the Angelina River at Rayburn - Rayburn Report

Posted By: KenTx1962

Fishing up the Angelina River at Rayburn - Rayburn Report - 05/26/20 12:23 PM

[video:youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h5-zcDemzkw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

Re: Fishing up the Angelina River at Rayburn - Rayburn Report - 05/26/20 12:25 PM

Re: Fishing up the Angelina River at Rayburn - Rayburn Report - 05/26/20 12:26 PM

well I've only done this weekly for two years and can't seem to get it right today...
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Fishing up the Angelina River at Rayburn - Rayburn Report - 05/26/20 01:14 PM

Good report.

Ayish Bayou has a deep channel for miles north but it's not wide but I haven't been up it in years. Water is always like chocolate milk.

Let's put it this way though. I haven't been up there since before Hurricane Rita in 2005 and that area was in the eye track. It could easily still be impassable. Fishing was almost always good even in hot summer ... always shady too.
Posted By: Mark in Frisco

Re: Fishing up the Angelina River at Rayburn - Rayburn Report - 05/30/20 02:47 AM

Ken,
Wonderful video - thanks so much for sharing!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fishing up the Angelina River at Rayburn - Rayburn Report - 05/30/20 10:22 AM

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Fishing up the Angelina River at Rayburn - Rayburn Report - 05/30/20 10:24 AM

Ayish Bayou is the home of the best black and blue fliiping bite ever....
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Fishing up the Angelina River at Rayburn - Rayburn Report - 05/30/20 01:54 PM

Nice vid Ken! Little man is growing fast. Won't be long til he's fishing with ya!
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Fishing up the Angelina River at Rayburn - Rayburn Report - 05/30/20 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king

It has it's small windows where it's pretty good. The water changes so quick up there that it changes the bite quick. Just the wind will make it super muddy. Water levels really play up there because the trees and bushes are so shallow. A normal water level doesnt really leave a foot of water on anything much. I've never been above the bridge, just never seen the point because it's all super shallow besides the channel and 90% of the time its mud. Even below the bridge it's real flat till a good ways down the lake.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Fishing up the Angelina River at Rayburn - Rayburn Report - 05/30/20 05:58 PM

Another excellent report Mr. Smith. Thanks for sharing and taking the time to help others.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Fishing up the Angelina River at Rayburn - Rayburn Report - 05/30/20 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by the skipper
Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king

It has it's small windows where it's pretty good. The water changes so quick up there that it changes the bite quick. Just the wind will make it super muddy. Water levels really play up there because the trees and bushes are so shallow. A normal water level doesnt really leave a foot of water on anything much. I've never been above the bridge, just never seen the point because it's all super shallow besides the channel and 90% of the time its mud. Even below the bridge it's real flat till a good ways down the lake.

fished an ABA above the bridge only time I've caught 50 jig fish in chocolate milk lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum