Texas Fishing Forum

Lake fork Internet

Posted By: champRD

Lake fork Internet - 05/22/20 10:32 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to post but I need some local knowledge on this. Is there a fast reliable Internet service available in Quitman and if so who would you recommend? Need it to run a home office. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/23/20 02:12 AM

People’s is who you need to contact.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/23/20 02:33 AM

We have Hughes net and I don't recommend them.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/23/20 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27
We have Hughes net and I don't recommend them.

We tried that and I don’t recommend them either, we have no issue with peoples at all. We stream Hulu and roku on multiple TVs etc and never have an issue.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/23/20 02:53 AM

Pretty sure lake fork marina has decent internet I could be wrong but best I can remember
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/23/20 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by 21xs Elite
People’s is who you need to contact.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/23/20 11:49 AM

everyone I know that have Peoples are quite satisfied. Where I live on Fork I cannot get a good signal. We have Dish instead. Stay away from Hughes net.
Posted By: champRD

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/23/20 03:36 PM

Hey Bruce, so there are certain areas of fork where you can't get peoples either? If so what part would be an issue.? Thanks.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/23/20 03:59 PM

I have Viasat, I was told I had to run a telephone line to get Peoples , been a couple years ago. May have changed by now. I dont think dish does internet...just TV.
I may be wrong...I have two dishes at my RV, Viasat for internet, and DirectTV ,...,birds have no preference.
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/23/20 06:13 PM

I live a few doors downs from Bruce and I have Viasat good service but kinda pricey. Not much to choose from up here in NW section of Lake.
Posted By: Bartemus

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/23/20 09:30 PM

How much a month for internet, any idea?
Posted By: duckkillah

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/24/20 03:55 AM

Peoples just put in a tower a half mile or so north of Emory on HW19 for broadband access about 6 months ago. You need line of sight to the tower to get service. They send technicians to your house who verify that signal is strong enough at your particular location. MUCH better option than satellite! Their packages are also determined by the speed you choose to receive instead of data usage, so no running out of data at the end of the month and paying exorbitant prices per gig....
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/24/20 10:28 AM

Anyone know if People's can be used in Bridgeview. Hate not having Internet.
Also, any local number? Thx a lot
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/24/20 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by west tex angler

903-763-2214 If you call them they will come out and check. They have 2 different wireless services available.
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/24/20 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bryanmc57
Originally Posted by west tex angler

903-763-2214 If you call them they will come out and check. They have 2 different wireless services available.

Hey, thx a lot. It would make weekend lake trips much more enjoyable
Posted By: Tyler822

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/24/20 07:16 PM

I use a Verizon pay as you go MiFi device. Works well
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Lake fork Internet - 05/24/20 08:10 PM

You can also check with Community Internet Providers. They are growing around the lake. It’s a fixed wireless solution that has to have a line of sight back to one of v their towers. They are on the water tower just East of Emory. They will have a tower close to Royal Oaks subdivision soon.
www.getcip.com
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum