Texas Fishing Forum

Plastics Colors

Posted By: RanLor

Plastics Colors - 05/21/20 12:43 PM

When I bought our boat, the seller included all of the fishing gear. That included 12 Plano boxes of plastics, worms, lizards and such. Not only does that take up a lot of room but it's got to be overkill. But then again, I don't know since I have just started bass fishing. So, what colors and styles of plastics would be good to keep so that I can free up some space on the boat.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Plastics Colors - 05/21/20 12:46 PM

Since they are in Planos already just take 3 of them and remove all but 1 of whatever "soft plastic" was in there and replace it with some of the other boxes soft plastics and fill that hole with what you took out of the first box. So then you will still have your "mixture" but it be condensed down to 2-3 boxes not 12!
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Plastics Colors - 05/21/20 12:51 PM

It may be overkill, but to some the confidence in knowing they have practically every color in every bait is worth the weight. Me personally, I try to do my best and keep it minimal, but there are times when I add and add, but don't take out. That's what I do during the winter. I purge my boat and shelves of the stuff I bought and never used.

My guide to plastics:
Worms
- Greens, browns, and purples
Creature
- Green, browns, and blacks
Swim
- Greens, white

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum