Texas Fishing Forum

James Niggemeyer

Posted By: Captain Chunk

James Niggemeyer - 05/17/20 05:58 PM

Had a buddy come in town and a scheduled trip with a guide on Lake Fork, that unfortunately due to illness had to be cancelled. Trying to find a guide last minute on Fork this time of the year is next to impossible. Ultimately I got in touch with James and we were able to put something together. First and foremost you should know James is one of the nicest human beings you'll ever meet. We asked a million questions and he was happy to answer them all. I've fished with a lot of guides out there and learned from all of them, but picking the brain of a touring pro was something different. Turns out our style of fishing is pretty similar so it was good to see him in action and dissect the lake. I did have to show him up when I found a bed fish he didn't see and ended up putting it in the boat. What a great day with an awesome guy. I've know who he is but now I'm a full blown fan and will be cheering for him on the tour.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/17/20 06:20 PM

Great to know!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/17/20 09:08 PM

Hard to imagine anyone but a miserable human who would have a problem with James. He’s one of the kindest gentlemen you will ever meet.
Posted By: MARK PACK

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/17/20 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Chunk
Had a buddy come in town and a scheduled trip with a guide on Lake Fork, that unfortunately due to illness had to be cancelled. Trying to find a guide last minute on Fork this time of the year is next to impossible. Ultimately I got in touch with James and we were able to put something together. First and foremost you should know James is one of the nicest human beings you'll ever meet. We asked a million questions and he was happy to answer them all. I've fished with a lot of guides out there and learned from all of them, but picking the brain of a touring pro was something different. Turns out our style of fishing is pretty similar so it was good to see him in action and dissect the lake. I did have to show him up when I found a bed fish he didn't see and ended up putting it in the boat. What a great day with an awesome guy. I've know who he is but now I'm a full blown fan and will be cheering for him on the tour.

thumb
Posted By: Brent S

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/17/20 10:27 PM

thumb
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/17/20 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Hard to imagine anyone but a miserable human who would have a problem with James. He’s one of the kindest gentlemen you will ever meet.

+1
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/17/20 11:56 PM

That is great to hear. There was a post a few weeks ago about James, very negative. I don't get it. Dude seems like a great guy promoting the sport and being a gentleman at the same time.

Great post OP.
Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/18/20 03:32 AM

Surprising to me that anyone would say something negative about James but no one can please everyone every time I guess. I’ve known James for 8 or 9 years and have often spoken of him to people. I’ve never heard a single negative word from anyone. He’s as genuine of a guy as I’ve ever known. True gentleman in my opinion!
Posted By: Casting For Cash

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/18/20 09:56 AM

If you can't get along with James, you are the problem, not him. Great guy and a great fisherman.
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/18/20 01:20 PM

Spot on he’s a good dude
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/18/20 06:15 PM

He has a nice youtube channel that is worth subscribing to as well, if you dont already
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/18/20 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by MARK PACK
Originally Posted by Captain Chunk

thumb

Great guy, I met him one day buying some pig claws!
Posted By: greenen

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/18/20 07:56 PM

Fished with 2 guides at Fork. Mark Pack and James. Both outstanding teachers, fishermen and men.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/18/20 07:59 PM

I've watched many Strike King Fish Hard segments featuring James. He does seem like a very good fisherman and super nice guy.
Posted By: Caught1

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/18/20 08:26 PM

Absolutely one of the nicest guys I have ever met! He knows his stuff and is a true Pro.
Posted By: GMTK

Re: James Niggemeyer - 05/18/20 10:04 PM

An incredibly nice guy and knows his stuff. He's made more money fishing than 99% of the guys on this forum. I fished with him and he dropped knowledge on me that shocked me. If you get a chance to fish with him, do it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum