Texas Fishing Forum

Need Advice

Posted By: eneat1119

Need Advice - 05/11/20 02:23 PM

So my son, dad, and I are are starting to get somewhat serious into bass fishing. Currently they are on Lake Graham where they've fished the past two mornings with little luck. They've been hitting the banks hard with everything they got from spinners, bandito bugs, worms, frogs, and crankbaits. They're getting a few bites but not much. So far they've caught three fish in total. I've told them to start working abit deeper water.

Anyone have thoughts I could pass along to them to hopefully increase their chance of success?
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Need Advice - 05/11/20 02:56 PM

This is from a past post on here about the lake. I've never been there but some dang good looking points and a TON of docks to fish!

**Its actually 2 lakes connected by a canal - Graham on one side and Eddleman on the other.
The Eddleman side has the power plant discharge and is a pretty small lake.
The Graham side has a lot of standing timber on the north end of it.
Both sides have big rock banks, rip rap, and plenty of stick ups in the water.
The water is fairly clear on the main lakes and gets murky to muddy the father north you go into the "Woods"
I fish on the Graham side mostly in the woods. but have caught some nice fish crankin the rocks on both sides (7+ pounds is my biggest Bass from Graham - caught it on an RC 1.5 off a rock bank in the woods).
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Need Advice - 05/11/20 03:01 PM

Bandito bugs is all I needed to hear

Re: Need Advice - 05/11/20 03:14 PM

Thanks bassman. Pass the info along.

Brent,

So I'm asking...what should they be trying instead?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Need Advice - 05/11/20 03:45 PM

Try flipping jigs around docks, vary size to see if they want a slow fall or fast fall. I prefer dirtier water and anywhere from 2 to 6 ft deep.

Re: Need Advice - 05/11/20 04:14 PM

10-4 will pass along. Thanks
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Need Advice - 05/11/20 05:41 PM

When all else fails three things. All with light or "lighter" line size. 1) weightless Senko, 2) weightless wacky worm, and 3) drop shot.
Posted By: doctorb

Re: Need Advice - 05/11/20 05:49 PM

Another lake?

Re: Need Advice - 05/11/20 06:16 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. They're done for the day currently. Did land a few sandies but thats it.

Dad lives in Weatherford and is trying out a few lakes in the area. Granbury and Leon are next on the list.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Need Advice - 05/11/20 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Brent S
Bandito bugs is all I needed to hear

roflmao
Posted By: great catch

Re: Need Advice - 05/11/20 06:36 PM

so I guess tmd11111 and Brent S don't like googan's bandito bugs? Just wondering I had heard some people at academy talking that they had used them and said they were pretty good??
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Need Advice - 05/11/20 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by great catch
so I guess tmd11111 and Brent S don't like googan's bandito bugs? Just wondering I had heard some people at academy talking that they had used them and said they were pretty good??

I like the bandito bug. I have caught several up to 8lbs this yr with bug.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Need Advice - 05/11/20 10:27 PM

Nothing wrong with GOOGAN baits other then they are over priced knockoff's of their competitors.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Need Advice - 05/11/20 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Nothing wrong with GOOGAN baits other then they are over priced knockoff's of their competitors.

Overpriced AND a knockoff. Double whammy. [Linked Image]
Ain’t nothing like the real thing.
Posted By: Reshelman

Re: Need Advice - 05/11/20 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by tmd11111

Overpriced AND a knockoff. Double whammy. [Linked Image]
Ain’t nothing like the real thing.

But Steez how do you catch a certified double mondo mcfatty pants on those? confused
© 2020 Texas Fishing Forum