Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Arlington

Posted By: Bigbass93

Lake Arlington - 05/10/20 10:15 PM

Anyone ever do any good out there? Personally I think it’s the worst lake in DFW.
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/10/20 11:53 PM

Check the other recent posts about this lake. Also I’m starting to think that way myself.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 12:27 AM

Ya it’s pretty slow most of the time
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 12:33 AM

i like it

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 12:48 AM

Most people I talk to say they don’t like it either.
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 01:35 AM

I fished a couple small tournaments on it. I'll probably never fish that lake again
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 02:55 AM

I taught a class out there yesterday & we had well over 20lbs on best 5 fish.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 02:57 AM

It’s a good lake with a good number of 5-8lbers. Fish live offshore on that lake.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 11:07 AM

Good to know that. Guess I just need to put in more time out there.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by James Biggs
I taught a class out there yesterday & we had well over 20lbs on best 5 fish.

Originally Posted by Josh1
Good to know that. Guess I just need to put in more time out there.

Josh, I have an idea that with a small investment might “unlock the secret” that is Arlington wink ^^^^^^^^^.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 12:16 PM

I gave my boat a tetanus shot after the last time i was there, no telling what one might catch there.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 12:50 PM

“Anything gonna stick me, poke me, cut me, pinch me?”

What you say as you frisk your boat while loading up. Haha.

That lake is a trash magnet, but has some serious fish in it.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
“Anything gonna stick me, poke me, cut me, pinch me?”

What you say as you frisk your boat while loading up. Haha.

That lake is a trash magnet, but has some serious fish in it.

Yeah it is the dirtiest lake I've been on. I think its all the trash from the highways and the people at Eugen McCray park. That Park has so many parties in the parking lot and they just leave trash in the lot when they leave. I've been out there once late fall last year. Me and another boater were talking about spots to fish. Then a couple people fighting and started shooting. Needless to say we both zipped across the lake. Luckily we were on the other side of the metal wall and had a little protection. That Lake has a lot of potential if they could clean up all the trash and work on stocking it better. I do see a lot of crappie fisherman out there.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 02:38 PM

If that lake got hydrilla it would go off
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 02:46 PM

I don't see much trash in the lake. Don't launch on the Ft.Worth side though. It gets too crowded to park a trailer.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 02:48 PM

I’ve caught a tire, many cans, plastic bags and I’m sure other things I’ve forgotten about. When I caught the tire I though I had a big catfish. Finally got it up to the boat and was shocked my braid didn’t snap when I saw the tire.
Posted By: speedcrawler

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 03:04 PM

I just started fishing it some over last year and I don't think I've ever seen a lake with as much trash around it as Arlington. Being a small lake, I'm sure it gets enough pressure that makes it really tough at times but I've heard of some big stringers, 20 plus, being weighed.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 04:23 PM

I’ve saw one bag over 20 weighed out there. For the most part I see 10-12 pound bags.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bentman63
I don't see much trash in the lake. Don't launch on the Ft.Worth side though. It gets too crowded to park a trailer.

or you could get shot
Posted By: SpankyMcbee

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 06:12 PM

I live fairly close to the area so I will launch in Arlington if I only have a few hours to go out. I have caught some decent fish out of this lake, but more often than not it seems like it's always a grind. Flush the idea of finding a pattern right down the toilet!
Posted By: mavsfan

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 06:49 PM

Trashy lake, no doubt, cant see how anyone can miss it....I see so many coat hangers hanging from the brush, and soccer balls, basketballs, I have caught some good fish throwing just outside the water bottles when the lake is up. East side of the lake is fairly clean.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 06:59 PM

That Lake cycles just like any other lake. 7-8 years ago I would have said it was the best lake in the metroplex, even for a few years after that as well. But it has been hit hard with pressure the past couple of years. I've struggled out there a lot the past 2-3 years.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 07:35 PM

I have mostly done terrible on that lake. After many many many trips, I pulled up on a spot and caught 4 in the 4-5 lb range to go along with a dink I had to hit 20 lbs and change. They just so happened to be there. Seems like that's usually how people catch them good.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 07:44 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 07:45 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 07:47 PM

The fish are healthy in the lake, even if it is full of trash!
Posted By: beermill

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 09:02 PM

Keep poking around and you will run into them.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: beermill

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 09:03 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 09:04 PM

Nice ones
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 09:19 PM

It’s fine you don’t have to fish it lol place is fire right now...
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 09:20 PM

Very nice fish gents.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 10:17 PM

Nice fish. Biggest I’ve caught out there was just over 4.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 10:24 PM

In the spring flip the shallow pampers.....

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by 361V

Just to be clear ....Pampers or Depends?

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 10:41 PM

Just to be clear ....Pampers or Depends?

Haha
Posted By: Zach Starling

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/11/20 11:23 PM

Had a little over 18 on 3 last year
Posted By: hoodoobaits

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/12/20 12:03 AM

My best bag in a tournament there was about 7 years ago and went almost 29lbs. Fished another one the following week and had 21 lbs. has. It fished that good for me since. But still has some pigs in it.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/12/20 12:36 AM

But sadly with it being such a small lake the pressure is gonna kill that place eventually.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/12/20 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king
But sadly with it being such a small lake the pressure is gonna kill that place eventually.
confused “Going to kill that place eventually”? The lake was impounded in 1958. It over 60 years old now.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/12/20 01:42 AM

confused “Going to kill that place eventually”? The lake was impounded in 1958. It over 60 years old now.

That’s true but it doesn’t mean fishing isn’t gonna be terrible...

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/12/20 01:44 AM

Last time the trash was picked up there was 1960.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/12/20 03:13 AM

Last time the trash was picked up there was 1960.

now thats funny lol
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/12/20 05:45 AM

The percentage of people who have much success at Arlington is pretty small I believe. I have never had much luck there. The majority of the fishermen I see are just beating the banks not catching anything so IMO the pressure only applies to the fishermen themselves. Most of the fish are watching and laughing at them.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/12/20 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Milam

The percentage of people who have much success at Arlington is pretty small I believe. I have never had much luck there. The majority of the fishermen I see are just beating the banks not catching anything so IMO the pressure only applies to the fishermen themselves. Most of the fish are watching and laughing at them.

you are totally correct on the beating the bank part lol

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/17/20 07:25 PM

Went out twice in the last week. Caught a total of 4 fish. I just can’t seem to figure that lake out.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/17/20 08:48 PM

I've seen some nice fish pulled out of there, but I sure don't know where to look
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/17/20 10:16 PM

For Arlington, 4 fish would be a good day and they would all be tiny. Sucks because I am 15 minutes from the ramp but I can't figure them out either.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/17/20 10:21 PM

Biggest I caught was about 3.5. Other 3 all under 2 pounds.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/17/20 10:29 PM

Fished a 12 boat tournament Saturday in the rain. 1st time i have been in several years. 5 stringer over 20. I had a whopping 11.25. Finished 9th out of 12.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/17/20 10:49 PM

I saw that post on Facebook. That’s really impressive. Those guys have it figured out.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/17/20 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
For Arlington, 4 fish would be a good day and they would all be tiny. Sucks because I am 15 minutes from the ramp but I can't figure them out either.

I caught a 6.2 and 5.13 in consecutive weeks in late Feb. Then the rains came and I’ve been a vegetable since...LOL

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/17/20 11:19 PM

Yep the lake has big ones and its weird that you can catch alot of 1lb fish off the dam just cranking it. But $100 says not fish were either caught deep or flipping all the flooded brush and trash on the bank up towards the creek.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/17/20 11:40 PM

Yep the lake has big ones and its weird that you can catch alot of 1lb fish off the dam just cranking it. But $100 says not fish were either caught deep or flipping all the flooded brush and trash on the bank up towards the creek.

Both those fish were caught in 2-3 foot of water.

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/18/20 12:54 AM

Fish a tournament out there in February and a guy caught a 8+ in 1-2 foot of water.
Posted By: gbarrett26

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/19/20 04:37 PM

Arlington has some big fish in it for sure. I only know one guy who catches em consistently and hes been fishing that lake for 20+ years.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Lake Arlington - 05/19/20 10:41 PM

last tourney i fished out there was a 4 hour august evening matchplay event. we had 24lbs and lost by 3lbs. alot of trash, gang bangers and even dead bodies found in and around the lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum