Texas Fishing Forum

Some more Ultrex Help ??

Posted By: Rutster

Some more Ultrex Help ?? - 05/10/20 03:44 PM

Just installed my New Ultrex and used it 2 trips now. I noticed after my first trip the front of my boat was nasty including the mounting bracket of the motor. Used it again yesterday and I noticed it was happening again so I started to watch more closely. When I stow my motor all is good. When I deploy it is when the problems start. Immediately after I deploy my motor its like turning on a small water faucet of very dirty water. Its not a drip its steady water coming out of bottom of head for about 5 seconds. Maybe the shaft was full and is emptying out or something. Love the motor hate the mess. Please Help !!!!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Some more Ultrex Help ?? - 05/10/20 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rutster
Just installed my New Ultrex and used it 2 trips now. I noticed after my first trip the front of my boat was nasty including the mounting bracket of the motor. Used it again yesterday and I noticed it was happening again so I started to watch more closely. When I stow my motor all is good. When I deploy it is when the problems start. Immediately after I deploy my motor its like turning on a small water faucet of very dirty water. Its not a drip its steady water coming out of bottom of head for about 5 seconds. Maybe the shaft was full and is emptying out or something. Love the motor hate the mess. Please Help !!!!

That’s not normal. I’d look into it further.

When i stow my Ultrex, the only “drip mess” is from the water trapped behind the prop.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Some more Ultrex Help ?? - 05/10/20 04:17 PM

I had the same issue when I first got mine. I took it back to dealer and they swapped it for another one. I was getting water intrusion up the shaft and it was draining when I stowed the motor. Mine has been great ever since. Like Steez said, only water should be coming from the prop when stowed, and its not a lot.

Re: Some more Ultrex Help ?? - 05/11/20 06:53 PM

what if i bought it from an online dealer here on the forum. I sent an email but no response yet. What should i do in the mean time ??
Posted By: Costa Plente

Re: Some more Ultrex Help ?? - 05/11/20 11:52 PM

You should be able to take it to any of the Minn Kota authorized dealers and have this problem resolved. It should be under warranty.
Posted By: skins84

Re: Some more Ultrex Help ?? - 05/12/20 12:24 AM

I had the same issue on my first trip out with mine. They replaced the shaft and motor housing under warranty.
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Some more Ultrex Help ?? - 05/12/20 02:55 AM

For what you pay for a TM these days, this should not be a common issue.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Some more Ultrex Help ?? - 05/12/20 03:15 AM

Welcome to the Ultrex owners club. They have lots of problems. The good news is MinnKota does stand behind their warranty. Find your nearest service center and make friends with the employees. They will be like family in a few years.

Re: Some more Ultrex Help ?? - 05/12/20 01:43 PM

lol thanks for all the advice. Just a pain in the butt you take time to mount the motor and run all the wires etc and then have to pull it back off
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum