Texas Fishing Forum

2000 Nitro CDC Help

Posted By: Costa Plente

2000 Nitro CDC Help - 05/10/20 12:58 PM

I'm looking at one of these boats to buy and was wondering if anyone has ever owned one or fished out of one of them.. If you have please give me your honest opinion on it. It has a 225 Merc on it that only has 40 hrs since a rebuild and is a very clean boat. Any information is appreciated.
Posted By: ShamrockSmith

Re: 2000 Nitro CDC Help - 05/10/20 01:39 PM

I had a 2004 Nitro 911 CDC. Good boat for the money? Yes. Great boat overall? Ehhhh. All my other boats have been Skeeter’s and currently back in a Skeeter after selling my Nitro 4 years ago. It was a good boat except for it was a heavy boat. Slow hole shot no matter what prop I tried and jackplate height I tried. I ended up putting one of those goofy looking whale tales on after a few recommendations and it actually helped a lot. The trailers are notorious for rusting badly. Mine got so bad on all the crossmembers that I had to have a custom trailer made by Roadmaster Trailers in Ft. Worth. Other than that the boat was fine. I blew the Mercury 225 powerhead twice but that’s a different story. (2nd time was under warranty). Take it for a test ride and see how the hole shot is. Top end was fast but hole shot was slow on mine. Also inspect the trailer carefully for rust on the crossmembers and check the compression on the motor. If all those check out fine, I’d definitely jump on it without any worries.
Posted By: BorNella

Re: 2000 Nitro CDC Help - 05/10/20 02:15 PM

I would be leary of buying a boat with a rebuilt powerhead. Not saying they can't get it fixed but it sure seems like once they blow, they do it again.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum