Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo 9 May 20

Posted By: bassmanrudy

Caddo 9 May 20 - 05/10/20 01:28 AM

Whew a fairly chilly start to the morning with low 50s and 10+ mph winds!! Wore my bibs for a while lol. Started over at Tar Island and caught oneon a spinnerbait(slot-14.5") fairly quickly then just a grind for a bit then caught one on a swim jig(slot-16") in salvania beside a tree that was a fatty at 2lbs 13oz!! Healthy fish! Then little later caught one on a sqaurebill(over!!-20") but man she had to be post spawn as only weighed 3lbs 6oz and besides a big head was quite skinny. :-( Choked that squarebill! Needs to eat but Not the squarebills LOL! I had lots of strikes fishing the salvania edges but had horrible luck connecting with them. Even multiple hits on the swim jig and/or a frog and still I'd miss... caught one that got into the boat but flopped off and back in before I grabbed it. Looked like an "under". Water temps were 72-74° and even with all the rain Friday water color was clear to lightly stained. All in all for me being on Caddo it was a Great day!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TritonRob

Re: Caddo 9 May 20 - 05/10/20 03:17 AM

Any day on Caddo is a good day! Even if you skunk out it's just a beautiful place to be...
Posted By: Kevin R.

Re: Caddo 9 May 20 - 05/10/20 03:06 PM

One of the lakes I want to fish!
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Caddo 9 May 20 - 05/10/20 04:35 PM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum