Texas Fishing Forum

TH Marine Troll Tamer

Posted By: Minner Bucket

TH Marine Troll Tamer - 05/08/20 11:14 PM

Anyone put one of these on your Skeeter with an Ultrex? I have an 18 ZX225 and the bar that comes on the Ultrex gets in the way of my rods so wondering if the TH product might solve that problem?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: TH Marine Troll Tamer - 05/08/20 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Anyone put one of these on your Skeeter with an Ultrex? I have an 18 ZX225 and the bar that comes on the Ultrex gets in the way of my rods so wondering if the TH product might solve that problem?

Doesn’t it mount in the same spot as the kickstand?

Re: TH Marine Troll Tamer - 05/08/20 11:34 PM

No Steez it’s mounts closer to the bow from what I’ve seen.

Re: TH Marine Troll Tamer - 05/09/20 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
No Steez it’s mounts closer to the bow from what I’ve seen.

Ah. At least you have room room than mine! My Ultrex is dead in the middle of where the rod handles rest. [Linked Image]

I’d be interested in what you find from this thread.

Re: TH Marine Troll Tamer - 05/09/20 12:51 AM

Steez that is my problem, the kick stand sits right in the middle of my rod handles. The way my TM lays out, I’m thinking if I put the Troll Tamer on, it might just be out of the way. Looking for others who have done it.
Posted By: markson

Re: TH Marine Troll Tamer - 05/09/20 12:53 AM

Try installing a rod strap on the storage compartment doors (I use this one, cheap and effective https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/marine-raider-boat-rod-strap#repChildCatid=12992) then you can open the storage with the rods attached to the door, also keeps the rod handles further back for more front deck space.

[Linked Image]

Re: TH Marine Troll Tamer - 05/09/20 01:02 AM

I know KVD did a walkthrough of his “one brand system” on his new 2020 Z21. He went into depth on his THMarine stuff, one of which was his trolltamer on his Ultrex. Might be worth a look at his video to see how it mounts to the Ultrex. That might give an idea if it will help your situation or not. Not the same boat, but the same trolling motor.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum