Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex to Fortrex interchangeable?

Posted By: GreaseMonkey

Ultrex to Fortrex interchangeable? - 05/07/20 06:19 PM

Question. Had to put my 36v 52" Ultrex in the shop. Will a 24v 45" Fortrex connect to the Ultrex mount/swing bracket?
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Ultrex to Fortrex interchangeable? - 05/07/20 06:45 PM

yes you can put a fortrex on a ultrex mount but you cant put a ultrex on a fourtrex mount
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Ultrex to Fortrex interchangeable? - 05/07/20 07:29 PM

doubt the 45 will fit a 52".
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Ultrex to Fortrex interchangeable? - 05/07/20 11:49 PM

45" and 52" have different brackets.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Ultrex to Fortrex interchangeable? - 05/08/20 02:35 PM

Pretty sure a 45 will fit on a 52 inch mount. Just not the other way around.
Posted By: GreaseMonkey

Re: Ultrex to Fortrex interchangeable? - 05/10/20 10:42 AM

All good. 45" fortrex will mount directly to 52" Ultrex bracket/swing arm.
Posted By: tsig2012

Re: Ultrex to Fortrex interchangeable? - 07/18/20 06:23 PM

Will a 52” Fortrex fit a 45” ultrex
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Ultrex to Fortrex interchangeable? - 07/18/20 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
doubt the 45 will fit a 52".

Hop, you can set the depth shallow on a 52" shaft motor - to the point it is probably the same spacing as the 45" shaft is, so why wouldn't that work (assuming the spring-break heads are upward compatible as stated in another post)?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Ultrex to Fortrex interchangeable? - 07/18/20 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by ssmith
yes you can put a fortrex on a ultrex mount but you cant put a ultrex on a fourtrex mount

Incorrect, I ran my Ultrex on my Fortrex bracket for a few weeks back in 2016 when I got it
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Ultrex to Fortrex interchangeable? - 07/18/20 11:31 PM

I'm pretty sure it will work but it won't make it any less noisy.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Ultrex to Fortrex interchangeable? - 07/19/20 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

Incorrect, I ran my Ultrex on my Fortrex bracket for a few weeks back in 2016 when I got it

I’ve heard there is a key slot on the Ultrex that didn’t allow it to fit the Fortrex mount. But, the Fortrex didn’t have the “key” and slid right on.
I have one of the very earliest Ultrex units and it doesn’t have a “key slot” or anything resembling such. However, I don’t have a Fortrex to use as a ginnie pig.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Ultrex to Fortrex interchangeable? - 07/19/20 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Douglas J

I’ve heard there is a key slot on the Ultrex that didn’t allow it to fit the Fortrex mount. But, the Fortrex didn’t have the “key” and slid right on.
I have one of the very earliest Ultrex units and it doesn’t have a “key slot” or anything resembling such. However, I don’t have a Fortrex to use as a ginnie pig.

I got my first Ultrex very early on, so I guess that is why it fit right on to the Fortrex mount.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum