Texas Fishing Forum

Fork guide

Posted By: Nicky P

Fork guide - 05/02/20 07:23 PM

I know this is a beaten topic but any recommendations for a guide on fork. I would like to take a customer on a guided trip in the next month to month n half. I would prefer to fish deep but not a must. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Fork guide - 05/02/20 08:16 PM

Eric Wright
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Fork guide - 05/02/20 09:12 PM

for deep, eddie garrett

https://www.facebook.com/eddie.garrett.188

Eddie Garrett
May 2, 2017 ·
Lake Fork is full and is in great shape setting up for May and June fishing. I have good dates open so book your trip now.Top water bite will be good and the deep fish are about to start setting up out there also. I have some of my biggest fish in these two months of the year in the past. Deep water fishing months are my personal favorite. My new 2017 921 Phoenix will also be here shortly with Lowrance Gen 3 12s on it which I think you will love to fish in. Call me @ 972 979 4850 or email egarrett100@yahoo.com. Bassfishingwitheddie.com
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Fork guide - 05/02/20 09:30 PM

Lance Vick or Zach Hughes.
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: Fork guide - 05/02/20 09:48 PM

Justin Mangraves (903) 658-5822 he’s a professional and has always got us on the fish.
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: Fork guide - 05/02/20 09:51 PM

Mark Pack. He’s great out deep and a really fun guy to fish with cheers
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Fork guide - 05/03/20 02:28 PM

Fished with 3 dozen on Fork. Happy to give you an honest opinion on them. Shoot me a PM.
Posted By: Chato

Re: Fork guide - 05/03/20 06:41 PM

They are all good..i would go with Eddie..He has a few openings and he is a great human to spend the day with
Posted By: dawdallas

Re: Fork guide - 05/03/20 06:42 PM

Eric Wright hands down.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Fork guide - 05/04/20 12:43 AM

Zach Hughes
Eric Wright
Lance Vick
Mark Pack
Those are my top 4. There’s a bunch of other good ones too.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Fork guide - 05/04/20 01:04 AM

Any of the above are top notch.
Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: Fork guide - 05/04/20 06:42 AM

Marc Mitchell
Greg West
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Fork guide - 05/04/20 01:03 PM

I see Zack Hughes on Fork a lot. David Ozio, Lance Vick are also good guides
Posted By: Reel Addict

Re: Fork guide - 05/04/20 01:55 PM

Mike McFarland 602-826-1524
Posted By: fatdad74

Re: Fork guide - 05/04/20 08:40 PM

Eric Wright is who I would choose been with alot but think when it's hot outside he may be the best always catching fish and worked harder than any others learned alot also
Posted By: GROD

Re: Fork guide - 05/04/20 09:38 PM

Friend of mine put a beating on them with mark pack here recently.
Posted By: rscustomrods

Re: Fork guide - 05/05/20 02:38 PM

Mcfarland is always a good choice but in the summer Whitt Smith is consistently on good fish. All above are good. Zach is good and super honest so if he is on the. He will tell you and if not he will tell you. Hard to go wrong with any of the gentlemen listed.

I have never fished with Pack but would like to someday.
Posted By: JohnnyCakes

Re: Fork guide - 05/13/20 08:34 PM

I like Rick Carter. Fished with him 4-5 times, works hard to get you on fish. My personal best of 9.6 is with him
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Fork guide - 05/13/20 10:43 PM

lot of great choices above, call and find out which are open on the day you want.
Posted By: Skip

Re: Fork guide - 05/13/20 10:48 PM

http://www.lakeforkfish.com
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Fork guide - 05/13/20 11:32 PM

Brian Duplechain is one of the Best on the lake. Also one heck of a nice guy.
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Fork guide - 05/14/20 02:24 AM

After reading the article Stephen Fatherree wrote in this section, I’d give the young man a shot tomorrow if I was looking. Lots of great ones mentioned above as well.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Fork guide - 05/14/20 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ken A.

I'd second that. Brian is a great fisherman, great guide, and great guy. Fished with him several times. Fished with Pack and quite a few others as well.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Fork guide - 05/14/20 04:15 AM

Lee Livesay is a great summer and deep water guide! 903-812-2069
Posted By: avdhunter

Re: Fork guide - 05/14/20 05:13 AM

Lee Livesay is the absolute best....if you can get booked with him.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Fork guide - 05/14/20 12:18 PM

This and Lee Livesay

but these two we be hard to get this time of year
Posted By: wireman45

Re: Fork guide - 05/14/20 12:36 PM

Headed out with Duplechain in june can't wait mine and my sons first guide trip
Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

Re: Fork guide - 05/14/20 02:34 PM

You may have tough time getting any of the guides above depending on the date you want, so I'll give you a few names, all are excellent. These are not in any particular order...

Lee Livesay
James Caldemeyer
Eric Wright
Tony Clark
Marc Mitchell
James Niggemeyer
Justin Margraves
Mark Pack
Larry Allen

All are excellent! Fished with all of them except Lee. But, hard to not recommend him!! Really good guy and certainly a STICK!

Heard great things about Andrew Grills, Jason Hoffman, Ronnie Kelley, Lance Vick, Randy Oldfield, Eddie Garrett, Josh Priest

Should find one out of that group
Posted By: CubbyObrien

Re: Fork guide - 05/14/20 03:45 PM

Whitt Smith!!!
Posted By: dstrong

Re: Fork guide - 05/14/20 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by ForneySkeeter
You may have tough time getting any of the guides above depending on the date you want, so I'll give you a few names, all are excellent. These are not in any particular order...

Lee Livesay
James Caldemeyer
Eric Wright
Tony Clark
Marc Mitchell
James Niggemeyer
Justin Margraves
Mark Pack
Larry Allen

All are excellent! Fished with all of them except Lee. But, hard to not recommend him!! Really good guy and certainly a STICK!

Heard great things about Andrew Grills, Jason Hoffman, Ronnie Kelley, Lance Vick, Randy Oldfield, Eddie Garrett, Josh Priest

Should find one out of that group

I have a half day trip booked with James Caldemeyer next Friday. Looking foward to it... Have fished Fork several times but never with a guide so I'm a little bit excited... My son has recently become enamored with bass fishing so what better place than fork lol..
Posted By: Big C

Re: Fork guide - 05/14/20 08:13 PM

I've booked a number of them on Fork and many here would be great. My personal favorite is Ronnie Kelley, as he is not only a great fisherman that will put you on fish, he makes it fun as well. If you want to take a chance on a young guide Jonathan Bowling is a top stick. Mark Pack and James Niggemeyer are good as well.

https://www.facebook.com/capnronbigbass/

https://www.facebook.com/BigfootBassGuide

https://jamesniggemeyer.com/
Posted By: Mark in Frisco

Re: Fork guide - 05/15/20 02:54 AM

Ronnie Kelley will keep you in stitches - super funny and friendly guy.
James Caldemeyer is as fine of a fellow as you will ever meet. I use to store my boat close to the Lake Fork Marina, and my stall was directly across from James' stall. I had a trolling motor battery/charger issue on a windy day. James helped me without my asking, and he even took me (a total stranger) in his truck to buy new batteries. Super fine fellow, and I hope to return the favor to him one day!
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Fork guide - 05/15/20 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mark in Frisco
Ronnie Kelley will keep you in stitches - super funny and friendly guy.
James Caldemeyer is as fine of a fellow as you will ever meet. I use to store my boat close to the Lake Fork Marina, and my stall was directly across from James' stall. I had a trolling motor battery/charger issue on a windy day. James helped me without my asking, and he even took me (a total stranger) in his truck to buy new batteries. Super fine fellow, and I hope to return the favor to him one day!

James is a super good dude
Posted By: S Fatherree

Re: Fork guide - 05/15/20 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nicky P
I know this is a beaten topic but any recommendations for a guide on fork. I would like to take a customer on a guided trip in the next month to month n half. I would prefer to fish deep but not a must. Thanks in advance.

If you prefer to fish deep and have a great experience on Lake Fork pick a day during late May to mid June when the offshore bite is most always at its absolute best. Make sure to ask your guide to start fishing later in the morning and fish until about 30 minutes after sunset. The absolute best deep water bite on Lake Fork occurs on windy / sunny days and in the evening as the sun begins to set massive schools of bass begin to storm onto offshore structures and feed very aggressively. I have never known how other guides are able to get their clients off of the water at 5 pm during the warmest months, it's at that time of day when the fish are just beginning to group up on offshore structures and preparing to feed like crazy. Thank me later if you wish. Good luck!
Posted By: S Fatherree

Re: Fork guide - 05/15/20 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by InTheClear
After reading the article Stephen Fatherree wrote in this section, I’d give the young man a shot tomorrow if I was looking. Lots of great ones mentioned above as well.

I appreciate the recommendation, unfortunately I'm currently on a medical hiatus from the guide business due to some injuries. As soon as I am up and running again I will make it very well known, thanks again sir.
Posted By: BassMajician

Re: Fork guide - 05/18/20 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by fivebites

I'd second that. Brian is a great fisherman, great guide, and great guy. Fished with him several times. Fished with Pack and quite a few others as well.

I've taught Brian everything he knows about fishing! He can catch'em!
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Fork guide - 05/19/20 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by BassMajician

You must be really old if you taught Brian Duplechain everything about bass fishing.
Posted By: BassMajician

Re: Fork guide - 05/23/20 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin
Originally Posted by BassMajician

You must be really old if you taught Brian Duplechain everything about bass fishing.

Didn't take long. He's my dad. He's a fast learner. Lol
Posted By: split cane rod

Re: Fork guide - 05/23/20 02:28 PM

I took a customer fishing with David Ozio once. We hammered them!

facebook.com/DavidOzioLakeForkGuide
Instagram: DavidOzioLakeForkGuide
409 782-4269

JR
Posted By: filmsguy

Re: Fork guide - 05/25/20 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
Zach Hughes
Eric Wright
Lance Vick
Mark Pack
Those are my top 4. There’s a bunch of other good ones too.

Can't go wrong with any of these. Zach Hughes would be my first choice, but they are all top notch!
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Fork guide - 05/25/20 09:47 AM

Jason Conn
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Fork guide - 05/25/20 09:49 AM

Nobody mentions SkeeterRonnie
Posted By: Junk

Re: Fork guide - 05/25/20 10:11 PM

Ronnie Kelly or Fatheree when he gets back. Both were great. Was disappointed with the others I have been out with
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum