Texas Fishing Forum

Does Texas state parks mask requirement end April 30?

Posted By: Mark Perry

Does Texas state parks mask requirement end April 30? - 04/28/20 01:52 AM

The areas of Texas that were making it a requirement to wear masks or get up to a $1000 fine will have those orders get superseded by the Governor after April 30th. It makes me wonder if the requirement of wearing a mask in Texas state parks goes away after April 30th?
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Does Texas state parks mask requirement end April 30? - 04/28/20 02:23 AM

you would think so but who knows. In Dallas they will still try to enforce it.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Does Texas state parks mask requirement end April 30? - 04/28/20 02:55 AM

Yep. He was asked in the press conference after specifically about masks. He said they recommended wearing them but there would not be a fine if we didn’t.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Does Texas state parks mask requirement end April 30? - 04/28/20 12:08 PM

Guys weren’t wearing them at our state park anyways.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Does Texas state parks mask requirement end April 30? - 04/28/20 12:14 PM

Buda13 and the gamewarden were the only ones wearing a mask Saturday at Ray Roberts when we left.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Does Texas state parks mask requirement end April 30? - 04/28/20 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

Yep
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Does Texas state parks mask requirement end April 30? - 04/28/20 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

As it should be! cheers texas flag
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Does Texas state parks mask requirement end April 30? - 04/28/20 01:47 PM

I wore mine the entire time...many others didn't. Not taking this lightly by any means. Hell, I wear my sun gaiter 90% of time on the water as it is.
Posted By: furim2

Re: Does Texas state parks mask requirement end April 30? - 04/28/20 02:50 PM

I just got a few day passes for May thru Austin TPWD. They told me to wear a mask until I unloaded the boat then I could remove it.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Does Texas state parks mask requirement end April 30? - 04/28/20 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Buda13 and the gamewarden were the only ones wearing a mask Saturday at Ray Roberts when we left.

Dang right!! Think I was the only one Sunday when we put it on the trailer. I wear a buff most days on the water anyway... hate sunscreen on my face. nuts
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Does Texas state parks mask requirement end April 30? - 04/28/20 04:56 PM

Governor Abbott specifically addressed the masks and said it's a recommendation, it's not mediatory to wear a face covering and it's falls on each individual's decision.

He also said his orders override any local orders and there will not be any fines levied or any punishment issued for not wearing a face covering.

The tone in his voice kind of sounded like he just slapped the liberal urban leaders across their faces with his sack grin
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Does Texas state parks mask requirement end April 30? - 04/28/20 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
The areas of Texas that were making it a requirement to wear masks or get up to a $1000 fine will have those orders get superseded by the Governor after April 30th. It makes me wonder if the requirement of wearing a mask in Texas state parks goes away after April 30th?

Wear a buff for “sun protection”, then you can be Covid compliant and look cool.
cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum