Texas Fishing Forum

Who has a center console??

Posted By: Techfisher

Who has a center console?? - 04/28/20 12:07 AM

If you own/fish a center console- PM me ....I've got some questions about them if you're willing to share...:) Looking at them for retirement....if that ever happens...:)

Thanks...

Don
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/28/20 12:28 AM

PM sent
Posted By: TxPanhandle

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/28/20 12:40 PM

PM Sent
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/28/20 01:31 PM

PM on the way
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/28/20 02:28 PM

I fished out of a center console up to about a year and a half ago. Personally, I miss it. I love the storage and deck space on my bass boat, but as far as ride and taking on big water nothing compares to a center console. Seems like I never get to fish unless the wind is blowing at least 25mph so a boat handling big water is important to me. Especially this time of year. Plus I love to go fish saltwater in the summer. You would think they would make a boat that has the deck space of a bass boat and the hull of a center console, but they really don't.

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/28/20 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
I fished out of a center console up to about a year and a half ago. Personally, I miss it. I love the storage and deck space on my bass boat, but as far as ride and taking on big water nothing compares to a center console. Seems like I never get to fish unless the wind is blowing at least 25mph so a boat handling big water is important to me. Especially this time of year. Plus I love to go fish saltwater in the summer. You would think they would make a boat that has the deck space of a bass boat and the hull of a center console, but they really don't.

My Epic 22SC comes pretty darn close.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/28/20 03:18 PM

I have a Skeeter SX220 and almost exclusively bass fish.

Feel free to fire away with any questions you may have.
Posted By: Double Dee

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/28/20 05:33 PM

PM me and ask any questions you want.
Posted By: BassBlack

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/29/20 02:39 AM

I'm with tmd11111 ; had bass boats my whole life but got A Epic22sc and the reason that particular boat is the decks dang near match a bass boat; love it and when kids and grandkids come, that's where it shines. I live on Fork and when it's rough, no problem BUT fishing in the wind even in coves is nowhere in the class of bass boat cause the higher sides gets the boat blown around more. Other that that I love it! Need to look or ask questions feel free to PM me.
Posted By: BassBlack

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/29/20 02:42 AM

And to add to my post; Man it seems some days I see 15-20 center consoles on Fork whereas you use to see 1 or 2 a year!

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/29/20 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by BassBlack
I'm with tmd11111 ; had bass boats my whole life but got A Epic22sc and the reason that particular boat is the decks dang near match a bass boat; love it and when kids and grandkids come, that's where it shines. I live on Fork and when it's rough, no problem BUT fishing in the wind even in coves is nowhere in the class of bass boat cause the higher sides gets the boat blown around more. Other that that I love it! Need to look or ask questions feel free to PM me.

I'll agree with the wind part. It can get blown around worse then a tin boat. Solved that problem with an Xi5 and a pair of 15' Talons. I've had my Epic for a little over 3 years now. Every once in a while I get an itch to switch back to a bass boat then I ride in my buddies Skeeter and get my spine jarred and forget all about a bass boat.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/29/20 02:52 AM

Fish out of a Skeeter ZX20 bay. I can fish in 10" of water and it's stinking easy to fish out of. I put in an Ulterra that makes fishing just easy. Real issue is rod storage and storage in general. I only have 4 slots down the sides so always have 8 rods around the console. If I fish with a friend, I have to take some rods out. But I have a grandson now so doubt I'll do anything but a CC. Other issue is top end speed. Mine tops out at 50. Biggest pro for me is you're never seated down in a seat like a bass boat. It's way easier on my back and knees. Also, being able to just wash down the boat is nice. I never have to worry about getting it dirty, bloody, whatever, Just wash it down and call it good.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/29/20 01:09 PM

Greg W. Rod storage thought for you. My Blue Wave has a Port side rod locker up front with only 4 rod tubes that lead into the anchor locker. The Starboard side compartment just has a drain in it , no rod tubes. I took a jig saw and cut the forward bulkhead out of that compartment which opened it up into the anchor locker. I left about 1" around the perimeter of the bulkhead to maintain rigidity. I can now put 6 - 8 rods in that locker now. I could put 10 -12 , it is that deep, but getting to the ones on the bottom of the pile are too difficult. I always keep the rigs I use the least in that locker and ones I use most on top. I stagger them so reels are not all stacked on top of each other. I keep the 4 I use the most in Port side locker.
Posted By: photofishin

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/29/20 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
I fished out of a center console up to about a year and a half ago. Personally, I miss it. I love the storage and deck space on my bass boat, but as far as ride and taking on big water nothing compares to a center console. Seems like I never get to fish unless the wind is blowing at least 25mph so a boat handling big water is important to me. Especially this time of year. Plus I love to go fish saltwater in the summer. You would think they would make a boat that has the deck space of a bass boat and the hull of a center console, but they really don't. Another thing I'll mention is that most bay boats are built for the salt. I'd never take a bass boat into salt water. I DO use saltaway after every trip though too. I also have taken my bay boat up to 35 miles offshore on flat calm days

My Seafox 200XT has a Carolina flared front end. It has the deck of a bassboat and drafts 1.6 ft.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/29/20 08:35 PM

I had a 21ft CC a while back when I was fishing the coast a lot more than I do now. Great open water fishing boat (stripers etc), great for taking three folks fishing, make-shift crossover boat to pull kids tubing, hull was good in rough water. As others said, catches a lot of wind, wasn't real fast, and rod storage was the biggest beating to me when I tried to bass fish out of it for a couple of years. I ended up aggie engineering a pad on top of a bow storage compartment and a rod strap to be able to have five or six rods up on the deck that helped some.
Posted By: JMT

Re: Who has a center console?? - 04/30/20 05:39 AM

Been in a CC for a few years. Love them! I just bought a NauticStar 224XTS and I think I’m going to love it! It has a ton of front deck. Holds 6 rods on each side up front, plus has 3 rod storage on each side under the gunnels. 18 rods without using the vertical holders on the sides of the console. Two great livewells. Floats skinny and jumps up on plane quick, but takes the rough water very well. I appreciate the ability to bass fish, crappie or catfish, pleasure boat with room for 8 people and take it to the coast for some saltwater fishing. To me that’s the most important aspect of the boats utility for me and my family. I can’t imagine going back to a bass boat again.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum