Texas Fishing Forum

Daiwa Tatula Elite Reel, Pitching and Flipping model

Posted By: texasAUtiger

Daiwa Tatula Elite Reel, Pitching and Flipping model - 04/27/20 05:17 PM

Anyone used the pitching/flipping model of the Tatula Elite reel? Thoughts?

I have a couple of the Tatula Elite reels (regular model, not pitching/flipping) and really, really like them. But I haven't seen anything other than manufacturer videos about how the pitching/flipping models perform in real life, so would be very interested to hear.
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Daiwa Tatula Elite Reel, Pitching and Flipping model - 04/27/20 06:57 PM

I have one paired with a Kistler Helium 7'1" MH with 18# Sunline FC Sniper.
You are not supposed to have to adjust it but I found I needed to adjust the cast control knob.
The reel is really loose so that takes some getting used. You get a bunch of loose coils on your spool until you get used to it. Every few casts make a long regular cast to tighten the line back up.

Performance for intended purpose is really good. The trajectory of the lure stays close to the water and does not rise like other reels I use.
It is light enough for all day use. The drag is really good and the reel has a solid feel.
As a regular caster it works well too.

Like most professional grade tools it is great when used for its intended purpose by a experienced angler.
I would not use it for skipping as it is just too loose and would backlash easily.

I am considering buying another one to have in my arsenal as I do a lot of dock fishing.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Daiwa Tatula Elite Reel, Pitching and Flipping model - 04/27/20 08:40 PM

I have 8-10 of that model. It is awesome for pitching, flipping and skipping. It will bomb cast as well but the reducex line capacity can affect what presentations you use it for. I love them.
Posted By: Mallison22

Re: Daiwa Tatula Elite Reel, Pitching and Flipping model - 04/27/20 08:49 PM

Big fan. Have 2. Really like the reel handles!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum