Texas Fishing Forum

Legend Tournament ?

Posted By: Kj38000

Legend Tournament ? - 04/26/20 11:01 PM

Has the Legend tournament been cancelled?
Posted By: Jman

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/26/20 11:10 PM

Go to their Facebook page for updated info - if you don't have bookface, you can always call the number on the registration.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kj38000

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/26/20 11:22 PM

Thanks

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/26/20 11:29 PM

I do not believe there is anything holding them back from a directive standpoint. In other words, no state or federal mandates will keep them from hosting the tournament in 3 weeks.

The likelihood is they are counting the checks and making a determination if it is financially feasible to hold it. There is probably a decent percentage of people sitting this out from just a "not knowing" standpoint caused by all this virus BS.

There is also probably a good flood of late registrations coming in as this whole pandemic dies down and everyone is ready to get back to some normalcy. So my bet is by Friday, they'll have a good sense of how they'd like to proceed.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/27/20 02:37 AM

Well. I fish all of them. But I think this is [censored] on what they are doing. They are telling you they are trying to decide on weather to have it or postpone it. But at the same time pushing for money and entries. I’m not a fan of that.
They need to make a decision. Especially for those that travel and fish this.
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/27/20 11:53 PM

Looks like they cancelled the tournament.
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/28/20 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dax Davis

And from the sound of it not giving refunds to early entrants, just rolling it to next year. That will get a few folks fired up.

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/28/20 01:53 AM

Follow the money - or lack thereof.

That’s too bad, Sinkey was on money fish - jk.

A large group of us get together every year for this at a friends house and enjoy the camaraderie as much as the fishing. Not sure which I’ll miss more.

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/28/20 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jman
Follow the money - or lack thereof.

That’s too bad, Sinkey was on money fish - jk.

A large group of us get together every year for this at a friends house and enjoy the camaraderie as much as the fishing. Not sure which I’ll miss more.

Lol. I’ve always enjoyed legends. My cousin normally comes in from Tennessee to fish it too. Glad I didn’t pay yet!

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/28/20 02:11 PM

I heard from Sue this AM. She is in the process of calling all the early entrants which sounds like a daunting task in itself.

I should update my post and say that there are many more factors than just money that are in play that were brought to my attention by Sue. And Governor Abbotts staged "re-opening" isn't much help. Sue explained they have anglers from up to 26 different states fish this and being able to keep everyone at a Corona Virus free distance just isn't possible and counting on local businesses to support them with restrictions in place just didn't sound like a recipe for a weekend without a bunch of hiccups.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/28/20 02:13 PM

I feel bad for Sue and Don.
I can’t imagine all the work they’ve put into it
Posted By: filmsguy

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/29/20 06:48 AM

Sorry to hear it. Been looking forward to that tournament for a while.
Posted By: Troyz

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/29/20 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Chunk

And from the sound of it not giving refunds to early entrants, just rolling it to next year. That will get a few folks fired up.

I would not blame folks for getting fired up about not getting a refund when the tournament is cancelled. No excuse for that. If you pay an entry fee and decide not to fish the tournament it is understandable you don't get a refund, but if the tournament is cancelled you should get a full refund.
Posted By: Joe Todd

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/29/20 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Troyz
Originally Posted by Captain Chunk

I would not blame folks for getting fired up about not getting a refund when the tournament is cancelled. No excuse for that. If you pay an entry fee and decide not to fish the tournament it is understandable you don't get a refund, but if the tournament is cancelled you should get a full refund.

I came real close to signing up early but realizing that the tournament may be cancelled and having discussions with Don about roll over to next year I opted out. The way the economy is that 300.00 might come in handy somewhere else. I am wondering how much money he will make off of the pre-entries sitting in a bank account for a year. That's BS to me. Give it all back to those that want it.

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/29/20 09:55 PM

They need to refund everyone. Or at least give them the option to move their payment to next year.

Re: Legend Tournament ? - 04/29/20 10:10 PM

I've been told refunds will be granted to those who want them. I made the suggestion to Sue that if folks want to keep their money in the pot until next year maybe they could be incentivized - like they get a free rod upon registration or maybe 1.5x hourly payout if they win or something to the effect. The money won't make a difference to me one way or the other. I'm more worried about whether I'll still be around this earth to be able to participate.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum