Texas Fishing Forum

Confusion on Advanced Day Pass

Posted By: Trever

Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/24/20 08:46 PM

Stupid question here - I'm planning on launching at Isle De Bois on Sunday. I was reading that they require you to reserve an advance day pass. Do I have to reserve one of these if I have an annual pass? Had a coworker tell me I had to have the Advance Day Pass so I wanted to confirm. My understanding was that this was for the people that didn't have an annual pass.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/24/20 09:07 PM

Annual State Park Pass and you should be good, just hang it or display it best you can
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/24/20 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by David Welcher
Annual State Park Pass and you should be good, just hang it or display it best you can

It is my understanding you still have to fill out the form at the kiosk at each park if you have an annual pass and put your card number on the form. I do not think you display the card itself any longer.

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/24/20 09:27 PM

I ended up calling the general help line (you can't get through on the reservation line). They told me I have to reserve a day pass but it would be free since I have an annual. I went to the site and reserved one but I still had to pay. Doesn't make any sense to me but I need to get out on the water. Thanks for the help though!

BTW - I ended up finding a tweet from @TPWDparks as well. It states if you have a park pass you still need a reservation. One of the reasons I always bought the pass was to make it easy (supposed to save money too).

https://twitter.com/TPWDparks/status/1253683422565974018
Posted By: markson

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/24/20 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Trever
I ended up calling the general help line (you can't get through on the reservation line). They told me I have to reserve a day pass but it would be free since I have an annual. I went to the site and reserved one but I still had to pay. Doesn't make any sense to me but I need to get out on the water. Thanks for the help though!

BTW - I ended up finding a tweet from @TPWDparks as well. It states if you have a park pass you still need a reservation. One of the reasons I always bought the pass was to make it easy (supposed to save money too).

https://twitter.com/TPWDparks/status/1253683422565974018

If you can stand the over one hour hold time for the Support line (I just put my phone on speaker and went on with my life until they answered) they will fix the issue for you within 24 hours. I forgot my reservation today and just put a note on my dash with pass info and it passed muster.

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/24/20 09:47 PM

Are they even checking? I've just been putting my state park pass up on the window.

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/24/20 09:48 PM

Where's Park Cop when you need him?

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/24/20 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by markson
If you can stand the over one hour hold time for the Support line (I just put my phone on speaker and went on with my life until they answered) they will fix the issue for you within 24 hours. I forgot my reservation today and just put a note on my dash with pass info and it passed muster.

Thanks for the info! I'll try again on Monday. I keep getting asked to schedule a callback time and anything I enter is not valid.
eek
Posted By: SAdoc

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/24/20 10:03 PM

I went to Choke Canyon yesterday. I have an annual pass, but still had to go online to reserve/ print a pass to stick in my window. It was free since I have the annual pass

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/24/20 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by SAdoc
I went to Choke Canyon yesterday. I have an annual pass, but still had to go online to reserve/ print a pass to stick in my window. It was free since I have the annual pass

They told me it should be. It looks like my pass isn't associated with my account for some reason. I'll find someone eventually that has enough of a clue to help me get it fixed.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/24/20 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

It is my understanding you still have to fill out the form at the kiosk at each park if you have an annual pass and put your card number on the form. I do not think you display the card itself any longer.

This is correct.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/24/20 11:40 PM

If it's anything like cedar hill they set a limit on numbers of entry doesnt matter if you have a pass or not if they reach the limit you cant get in
Posted By: cwil

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/25/20 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Trever
Originally Posted by SAdoc

They told me it should be. It looks like my pass isn't associated with my account for some reason. I'll find someone eventually that has enough of a clue to help me get it fixed.

You will have to call TPWD and have them link your annual pass to your online account. I had to do this exact thing about a month ago. only takes a few after you can get someone on the line. I think the reservations number is who I called and talked to. (512) 389-8900
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/25/20 01:42 AM

Need to look at park alerts at TPW and see if the ramp is open.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/25/20 09:27 AM

Once you log into the site, check the box next to your pass holder information on the reservation page, then at check out a discount is applied and there is no charge to print out your pass. Today they are totally booked, show up after 8am without a pass printed off and you won’t get in to IDB. Less than 40 left for tomorrow when I was looking last night.
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/25/20 01:18 PM

Are they even checking? I've just been putting my state park pass up on the window.

David, they are on South TX lakes.

If you have an Annual Pass you must reserve the day in that park as Park Rangers are counting to determine if the park will be full capacity.

Not sure why so many have issues its a very easy process if you go in daily or hold an Annual Pass
If you do not have an email address tied to the account it can make it difficult.

Debra smile
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/25/20 01:56 PM

I've tried to update my account to add the pass with no success. Tried booking a reservation and only card option is a gift card. So frustrating!!!
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/25/20 01:58 PM

I don't see that option!
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/25/20 04:32 PM

I was going to go to Bob Sandlin state park. Today was sold out. Tomorrow there are 46 left out of 179 openings. As stated before even if you have a park pass, you need to reserve one of the "spots). My problem today is my Texas State Park pass was not "recognized". Alternate phone to call is in Austin and they are closed until Monday (according to B.S. Park Ranger).
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/25/20 09:25 PM

This will be the last year I buy a pass de I'm sure it's not much of a hassle out in the sticks as it is in the metro mess
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/25/20 09:28 PM

Mine works fine. Ray Roberts was full for today when I reserved for sunday. They were turning around dozens of cars when I left today.
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/26/20 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Mine works fine. Ray Roberts was full for today when I reserved for sunday. They were turning around dozens of cars when I left today.

^^^^^This^^^^^

No issues with my annual either thumb

Debra smile
Posted By: Kevin R.

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/26/20 04:05 PM

There is a little box that you must check to link your park pass to your reservation at check out.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/26/20 05:05 PM

Fairfield is only allowing 60 people ( or cars) into the state park. If people riding bikes are there then you either have to wait or go home... The hours are from 8am to 7pm.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/27/20 04:53 PM

On RR launch at Jordan or Sanger and hang your pass in the window bar code out. IDB has been packed on the weekends for years now. Ramps up by me are still closed because the lake is high as far as I know.
Posted By: Martinial

Re: Confusion on Advanced Day Pass - 04/27/20 05:12 PM

SA doc,,,, how did you do? the squeeze and I went Sat and it was windy AF but still caught some fish, mostly dinks but at least we caught something.

Al
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum