Texas Fishing Forum

O.H ivie help

Posted By: Tbull

O.H ivie help - 04/21/20 12:27 PM

Headed to ivie next weekend for the first time. How is the lake fishing right now? I heard something about slime? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/21/20 02:35 PM

So much snot grass.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/21/20 02:38 PM

If the wind isn't bad weightless senkos and flukes work well. Also a drop shot rig. Helps keep the lure above of the snot grass.
Posted By: skeeterdale

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/21/20 03:06 PM

There are areas without slime, you just have to locate them. Some of the areas its dead already. Fish are in all stages right now. I have caught them in the dirt to 15 foot. Rage Tail Cutter worms has been my go too at all depths. Most days I am catching anywhere from 20 to 40 a day, up to 8 pounds. The wind has been the biggest hinderance on the main lake. But when you can get out there, look for spawning areas. I did see a few shad spawning in some of the areas on the main lake as well. Good Luck and Tightlines
Posted By: gillom

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/21/20 03:24 PM

Good report skeeterdale. I was out there a few weeks ago and the snot grass was awful. Good to hear there are areas without it. Does it die as it gets warmer? I was able to catch about 10 real shallow but I know I could have caught a lot more if I'd been able to fish more thoroughly.
Posted By: Tbull

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/21/20 03:57 PM

Thanks, I appreciate it
Posted By: skeeterdale

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/22/20 01:04 PM

From what I hear it does die off. As the water gets warmer. I am from the area, but recently moved back. The snot is tough to fish and frustrating, but you can still catch them around it.
Posted By: 9094

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/22/20 02:14 PM

Get as far in stocks as you can. Find little openings .
Posted By: NoCoolNameToo

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/22/20 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tbull
Headed to ivie next weekend for the first time. How is the lake fishing right now? I heard something about slime? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Talked with Big O the end of March said they were killing them 100 fish days ???
Posted By: Dognot

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/23/20 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by NoCoolNameToo

Talked with Big O the end of March said they were killing them 100 fish days ???

Big O will pull your leg if you let him. eeks
Posted By: Dubee

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/23/20 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dognot

Sounds like he already did.
Posted By: NoCoolNameToo

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/23/20 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dognot

you are probably right , he's a character for sure ! never fished it, my deer lease is fairly close to the lake.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/23/20 09:08 PM

Big O sold his rods 15 years ago roflmao
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/26/20 11:58 PM

Fished a club tournament today at Ivie. Tough fishing to say the least. 34 entered and only 2 overs weighed in. Big bass was 4.6. I took 7th with 2 unders at 4.66. I caught about 2 dozen between 14-15" Carolina rigging 12-18' and yes theres snot grass that deep too.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/27/20 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by pil,b
Big O sold his rods 15 years ago roflmao

He used to have good food 15 years ago too.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/27/20 12:38 AM

Filamentous algae. I don't know if it's better when it's green and alive or brown and dead. It's a pain either way.
Posted By: 361V

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/27/20 01:20 AM

PITA snot: [Linked Image]
Posted By: WylieWalker

Re: O.H ivie help - 04/27/20 05:52 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I got this from a buddy over the weekend. His son and friend each caught PB's on Saturday: 11.02 and 7.58. I haven't gotten the scoop yet but something is working!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum