Texas Fishing Forum

Decent day on LBJ

Posted By: fivebites

Decent day on LBJ - 04/17/20 03:12 PM

Getting out of the house and finally on the water. Headed to Lake LBJ. Put in at Granite Shores on the southwest end of LBJ and on the water around 9:30. Wind was scooting pretty good, water stained and in the 66 degree range where I started. Tried moving baits...spinnerbait and a chatterbait for 30 or 40 minutes but nothing doing. Caught quite a few on Travis on a Spook lately so pulled it out of the box and targeted any vegetation near the shore. 3 or 4 casts and nailed this nice one. Looked to be around 4 and a half to 5 pounds and man did she pull! Kept throwing the spook and a yellow magic but it was too windy to be effective. Grabbed my flippin rod and started flipping vegetation. Caught 5 more all on watermelon/red baby brush hogs. One just under 3 lbs, the rest all between 3 and 3 1/2. Had to be off the lake by 1. 4 and a half hours of fishing, 6 what I would call quality fish although no big ones. Best 5 went about 17 pounds. After fishing the dinkfest at Travis I was thrilled! Have a good day boys!

Attached picture 20200416_094527.jpg
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Decent day on LBJ - 04/17/20 04:40 PM

If you didn't have that Cowboy hoodie on you would have killed'em. roflmao
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Decent day on LBJ - 04/17/20 05:38 PM

Nice Job Randy!

Re: Decent day on LBJ - 04/17/20 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird
If you didn't have that Cowboy hoodie on you would have killed'em. roflmao

Love thy neighbor...AND THE COWBOYS!

Re: Decent day on LBJ - 04/17/20 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Nice Job Randy!

Thanks Ken. It ain't CB, but it's outta the dang house! I'm laughing at my old Falcon hat! Probably the first one they came out with. I may need to retire it! LOL!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Decent day on LBJ - 04/18/20 01:20 AM

Excellent report. Those were some nice fish. Glad the Spook came through which is my favorite top water. Thanks for sharing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum