Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville report

Posted By: dpdpete

Lake Lewisville report - 04/16/20 10:51 PM

The ramps finally opened on the hickory creek arm of the lake so I got out yesterday. I fished on the arm of the lake from hickory creek down towards the dam so my observations are on that part of the lake only and I realize that it was very cold the night before.
The water was pretty muddy west of I-35 and cleaner east of I-35. I tried flipping the flooded shoreline brush west of I-35 and no takers. The water temp was around 59-60 degrees early. I then went to look for some cleaner water and went into several coves down by the main lake where I usually do well on spawners. The water clarity was much better but I did not see any signs of beds in the several coves that I fished. The water temp got up to about 67 degrees by the afternoon. I did not see any beds or fry guarders and only caught one little dink all day. I did talked to a landowner who's property butted up to the lake and he said he had been fishing that area consistently for the last several weeks and has not seen any spawners yet.
I would have thought that the majority of the spawn would have occurred by now but all of the signs I saw would indicate otherwise.
Interested in hearing others observations on the lake. Nice to get some ramps open again on that side of the lake and it was still a nice day to get out.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Lake Lewisville report - 04/16/20 10:59 PM

Fished from 12:30-4 today. Stayed in Little Elm area. One nice spot on a spinner bait tight to a tee trunk and nothing else in dirty water. Went to some cleaner pockets flipping isolated bushes and caught another 4. All but one were spawning as they were showing some wear and tear. Sun up and not a cloud in the sky. Cleaner water was warmer too.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Lake Lewisville report - 04/16/20 11:33 PM

Man! Those are some nice reports guys. Thanks for sharing. Make lots of pictures next time.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Lake Lewisville report - 04/17/20 01:55 AM

Water was over 70 degrees ten days ago.

Most spawning is done.

It's muddy as mentioned, and water is dropping like a stone. Lots of shad shallow. It's tough!

The roller coaster of cold fronts and warm fronts with the water dropping this fast has them all kinds of in a funk. Actually I'm sure the fish are just fine... it just has anglers trying to pattern them in a funk.
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Lake Lewisville report - 04/20/20 10:04 PM

Any further updates on ramps? How about Lake Park, Tower Bay, or Arrowhead Thanks
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: Lake Lewisville report - 04/20/20 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by joebass2
Any further updates on ramps? How about Lake Park, Tower Bay, or Arrowhead Thanks

City website states maybe next week
Arrowhead is said to be open.
Posted By: Kamper12

Re: Lake Lewisville report - 04/21/20 08:52 PM

Anyone confirm Arrowhead is open?
Posted By: TritonRob

Re: Lake Lewisville report - 04/21/20 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kamper12
Anyone confirm Arrowhead is open?

Arrowhead is open....
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Lake Lewisville report - 04/21/20 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Flip-n-go
Originally Posted by joebass2

City website states maybe next week
Arrowhead is said to be open.

They had the street sweeper out at Towerbay yesterday. Hope they open it up
Posted By: Tin Star Cajun

Re: Lake Lewisville report - 04/21/20 10:30 PM

Arrowhead was open yesterday. Bass were hard to find but we did ok. Mostly females shallow. A lot of shad spawning at the bank but the bass didn't seem interested in them.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Lake Lewisville report - 04/21/20 11:00 PM

Towerbay is open now. Lotta people launched there today considering it was the 1st day open.
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: Lake Lewisville report - 04/21/20 11:40 PM

Good news! Thank you sir thumb
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Lake Lewisville report - 04/22/20 12:25 AM

Good news on ramps
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum