Texas Fishing Forum

Schooling bass

Posted By: krthomas2

Schooling bass - 04/13/20 10:59 PM

Anyone seen any schooling bass lately? I found some nice keeper largemouth yesterday mixed with sandbass schooling close to the surface out in the open in 10’ of water in an area that normally they are way up in the junk. I’m assuming that is post spawn pattern? I’ve been fishing quite a bit lately and trying to stay safe, nice to see so many people enjoying the lakes. Hope you all are well, be safe, tight lines, unless your bite is on slack line, lol

Attached picture C8A14D36-B91F-45AF-8AF0-D0C5239D007B.jpeg
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Schooling bass - 04/14/20 12:53 AM

Yes, and its been a blast. I've lucked into a couple big school feeding frenzies lately. 2lb to 4lb bass and some FAT sandies all busting shad on the surface.

Re: Schooling bass - 04/14/20 01:41 AM

Awesome! Glad you are catching them too. Thanks for the feedback.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Schooling bass - 04/14/20 03:43 AM

Saw some sand bass schooling when it got to 94 last week. No bass though. Can't imagine they will be schooling this week with the northern. Still can't find water above 70 on my home lake and this week will be worse. You must have some warmer water to get them going.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Schooling bass - 04/14/20 04:05 AM

Nice fish. cheers
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Schooling bass - 04/14/20 03:59 PM

Used to see acres of them years ago.

Haven't seen that in many years.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Schooling bass - 04/14/20 04:03 PM

Were they home schooling?? roflmao

Re: Schooling bass - 04/14/20 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Greg W
Saw some sand bass schooling when it got to 94 last week. No bass though. Can't imagine they will be schooling this week with the northern. Still can't find water above 70 on my home lake and this week will be worse. You must have some warmer water to get them going.

It was at Lake o Pines, the water was 72-74 where I was at and it was right before the front came through, that may have had something to do with it. I bet your right, the color temps will probly slow them down a bit.

Re: Schooling bass - 04/14/20 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Nice fish. cheers

Thanks!

Re: Schooling bass - 04/14/20 06:22 PM

reeltexan, I agree, seems like a few years ago it was a lot more regular thing to see, the last time I saw them schooling close to that area was last september and it was HUGE bass over 8 lbs

Re: Schooling bass - 04/14/20 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Were they home schooling?? roflmao

LOL roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum