Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Arbuckles

Posted By: Bobby ihn

Lake Arbuckles - 04/13/20 09:51 PM

Planning on doing a trip up to lake Arbuckles in a couple weeks was wondering what the water clarity, temps and fishing report has been?
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Lake Arbuckles - 04/13/20 10:09 PM

and the crowd? has it been crowded ?
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Lake Arbuckles - 04/13/20 10:11 PM

Saw a YouTube vid from last week today and the Guy Sandy lot was packed. I mean packed.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Lake Arbuckles - 04/13/20 11:27 PM

if it warms up it will stay crowded.

maybe mcgee creek or even sardis would be less crowded?

if the parks are closed parking will be a major headache if the pleasure boaters come out.

as for fishing, if it is flooded the small coves between the 2 arms should be awesome. black n blue chatter bait with a bluegill single tail 5" trailer, T rig weightless 7" ribbon tail worms or senkos and dble willow leaf white/chart. 1/2 oz spinners always worked good for me this time of yr.
great lake during spawn and fall, jet fleas and wake boneheads tend to ruin daytime in the summer but night is awesome a lot.
Posted By: heb-bass

Re: Lake Arbuckles - 04/13/20 11:42 PM

I’d suggest somewhere else because there will be a TON of people there fighting over a few of the major spawning coves. If you’ve never fished there, the lake is small and fished smaller...especially in spring.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Lake Arbuckles - 04/14/20 01:18 AM

For long stretches, it can fish tougher than Fork.
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: Lake Arbuckles - 04/14/20 01:56 AM

It isn't really clear right now and water low to mid 60s. Like has been said, it has been a $..t show! Weekdays look like 4th of July. Lake has gained a reputation during the spawn
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum