Texas Fishing Forum

Positive experience thread...

Posted By: Bass Buster1

Positive experience thread... - 04/13/20 05:24 PM

Enough of all the gloom!! If you can't say something nice, you know the rest and post it on a different thread...Good stuff here please!

Took my Son in Law out on Roberts for a little pre front fun Friday afternoon. Temperature was perfect, wind was light, boat ran good and nothing broke, and just a beautiful day to be on the water with one of my kids. We used the Sanger ramp since all the rest up by me are closed. It was crowded yes but everyone putting in and taking out was courteous and we all seemed to be pretty efficient as the line moved swiftly. Fishing was outstanding, catching was marginal with our best at about 4lbs. but still just a great afternoon with family. BTW I am feeling the good buzz bait/frog bite is not too far off. Force fed it to a couple but for me were still not fully committed yet grin
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/13/20 07:10 PM

Got out of the house and went to my storage where I keep the boat. Now my wife has absolutely zero interest in fishing or that boat. She asked to go with me even though it is my away place. I said lets go. We spent nearly 3 hours sorting out baits. Reworking some set ups and even spent about an hour teaching her to throw a baitcaster. She did well. That day is something I never thought I would ever see and we have been together for 22 years.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/13/20 07:18 PM

That's awesome! thumb
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/13/20 07:32 PM

Cool man!
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/13/20 07:33 PM

Just installed a new Mark Croxton prop on my boat. Can't wait to get it out and see how it performs. Also have a new Dobyns 734 coming. Life is good, but not as good as it would be if I was fishing!

Wayne
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/13/20 08:18 PM

That’s going to cost you Saks. Don’t know what or when but you better be ready to pay up.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/13/20 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by SAKS
Got out of the house and went to my storage where I keep the boat. Now my wife has absolutely zero interest in fishing or that boat. She asked to go with me even though it is my away place. I said lets go. We spent nearly 3 hours sorting out baits. Reworking some set ups and even spent about an hour teaching her to throw a baitcaster. She did well. That day is something I never thought I would ever see and we have been together for 22 years.

I’m still waiting for that day! Ha. At least mine doesn’t gripe when I spend money on the boat. She agrees to not ask me to make hand sanitizer and soaps.
woot
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/13/20 08:36 PM

I finally found toilet paper and paper towels at my local grocery store --- LIFE IS GOOD !!!!!
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/13/20 08:55 PM

installed my mega 360 yesterday wow its incredible

423 clicks so far this year on my fish boated clicker wow that too is incredible to me.
Posted By: krthomas2

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/13/20 11:34 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, wife and I had our 21st anniversary last week, I keep hoping she’ll come around to go fishing one of these days, she’s getting close to committing, lol.
My positive story is the last few weeks being on lock down with the wife has been really good.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/13/20 11:46 PM

I like it!

Decided to get away for the full day on Saturday for some lake time social distancing on a Lake other than Roberts or Worth.. headed to Tawokoni. Was the only boat trailer at the ramp other than my buddy that was also there. I had to take cover in boat slips twice to avoid the storms but fished from 7am to 7pm. Fishing was good, so was the catching. Took most of the day to find one over 3 lbs but finally stuck one about 6.5 on a grass jig with the flipping stick. Other than a frog bite I cant think of a way I'd rather catch em than on short line with a jig. Due to the wind and storms only saw maybe 3 other bass boats all day and only one of those was fishing the same stuff we were. It was like having your own personal lake, probably one of the most relaxing and rejuvenating trips I've had in recent memory. cheers
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/14/20 12:05 AM

We do that quite a bit, I love it when my wife finds stuff that I thought I had lost, but I don't tell her that. fish
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/14/20 12:08 AM

Great thread!

I fished Fork with a bud of mine on 3/27. We had 15 up to 5# and I let one get me wrapped up that was 8-9 on a Texas rig. Went back with same bud on 3/29 and had 22 up to 4#. No big bites that day. Went back with 2 my 2 godsons on 4/1 and got 22 more but once again no big bites - biggest fish was prob 4 again.

Took a customer to CB on 4/1 and caught 40 up to 7-9. No giants.

Went back to Fork on 4/8 and got 10 with one 5.5. No sight fishing on either trip. I just can't see them like I use to.

Went to Joe Pool last Fri and got one over 6 off the dock on a lizard. Maybe I don't need a boat after all?? hmmm
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/14/20 12:20 AM

Very nice reports guys. Glad you are having some good down times. Wish someone would take me to CB..
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/14/20 12:30 AM

Traffic or lack of it is pretty sweet.
Posted By: jvc58dke

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/14/20 01:25 AM

Had my kids fishing all weekend. Nothing better than a smile on their face when they hook up!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/14/20 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by jvc58dke
Had my kids fishing all weekend. Nothing better than a smile on their face when they hook up!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now that is awesome right there!!
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/14/20 06:49 PM

Went to Fork with a buddy a couple weeks ago crappie fishing and we caught 20 slabs and brought home lots of nice filets. Also caught a bass about 7 on a minnow under a bobber which was fun.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Positive experience thread... - 04/14/20 07:05 PM

Made a game time decision Saturday afternoon to head for the lake when it looked like the rain was holding off until after dark. Good call because the lake was almost empty and me and my fishing partner put 70+ in the boat in about 5 hours of fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum