Texas Fishing Forum

questions about Choke Canyon

Posted By: Martinial

questions about Choke Canyon - 04/03/20 01:10 PM

I've got a couple of questions about the lake.
1. is the south shore ramp open.
2. last year some of my old areas weren't accessible because of all the hydrilla, how bad is it this year.
3. whats the fishing been like.

thanks

Al
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: questions about Choke Canyon - 04/03/20 01:34 PM

Go down to the fishing reports on Choke. Seven pages of information there.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: questions about Choke Canyon - 04/03/20 05:12 PM

Yes SS is open, you must get your pass online now or call the HQ. Gates close at 8pm and Three Rivers has a 8pm curfew now.

Grass is thick and you better like fishing it, some areas are getting hard too get too.

Fishing is great for some and sucks for some, I fall into that suck catergory. I start bass fishing and end up crappie fishing most trips.
Posted By: Martinial

Re: questions about Choke Canyon - 04/06/20 07:30 PM

thanks for the scoop grout. I like grass but last year my girlfriend was with me and could only fish crank baits. She's proficient with soft baits now so the grass wont be a problem.

Al
Posted By: senko9S

Re: questions about Choke Canyon - 04/06/20 07:41 PM

bring some twinkies for the gf to hand feed the deer at the ramp. win, win for all. thumb
Posted By: 04champ

Re: questions about Choke Canyon - 04/06/20 08:24 PM

seemed to me that you could catch them however you wanted when i was there two and 3 weekends ago. but best bite for me was chatterbait over deeper tapering grass, good frog bite one day too until they tore the hook out of my only white one. flipping, swimbaits, blade all caught fish.
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum