Texas Fishing Forum

Boat ramps Medina and Falcon

Posted By: Tr24512

Boat ramps Medina and Falcon - 04/03/20 01:52 AM

I’d sure like to stuff $15 in Red’s Cove ramp box at Medina. A trip to Falcon would be even better, or Amistad.
Any ramps open?
Forget the Coronavirus, my 80 year old dad will die from not being able to go fishing!
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Boat ramps Medina and Falcon - 04/03/20 02:13 AM

Don't know about Medina but Falcon and Amistad are open.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Boat ramps Medina and Falcon - 04/03/20 03:38 AM

Not sure about Reds, but I know the county park at Medina is closed.
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Boat ramps Medina and Falcon - 04/03/20 11:50 AM

Last I heard both Joe's Place and Red Cove are closed in addition to the county ramp.
Wish would just implement what Comal county is doing on Canyon - monitoring ramps to only allow launch and recovery.
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: Boat ramps Medina and Falcon - 04/03/20 12:41 PM

Falcon ramps will remain open.. Fish went nuts yesterday.. Two months ago I would have said there ain't a fish in this water..

We'll see what happens today.. But it has been good..
Posted By: SAdoc

Re: Boat ramps Medina and Falcon - 04/03/20 02:25 PM

I was at Falcon the last 2 days with Jimmy Steed. Water was dropping fast and we used the dirt ramp at the state park. I wouldn’t try the concrete ramp there. County ramp was open in Zapata.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Boat ramps Medina and Falcon - 04/03/20 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by NoWeighers
Falcon ramps will remain open.. Fish went nuts yesterday.. Two months ago I would have said there ain't a fish in this water..

We'll see what happens today.. But it has been good..

Dan said yesterday at end of day we state park ramp was basically toast. So better have 4 wheel drive to launch off the point if you are heading down there.
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: Boat ramps Medina and Falcon - 04/03/20 02:45 PM

I know it was minimal on concrete yesterday.. But 4x4 is no sweat off the point..

County ramp in Zapata is on concrete for a long time yet..
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Boat ramps Medina and Falcon - 04/03/20 07:25 PM

All ramps on Medina closed to public - Bandera County Ramp, Joe's Place & Resort and Red's

Debra smile
Posted By: jstein

Re: Boat ramps Medina and Falcon - 04/28/20 07:13 PM

Red's is first public Ramp to open on Medina this past Weekend, County Ramp still closed
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Boat ramps Medina and Falcon - 04/28/20 09:50 PM

Bandera County Park will lift its temporary closure due to COVID-19 and reopen this Friday May 1st.

Debra smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum