Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat

Posted By: vertexe

Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/02/20 10:35 PM

(Besides fork) Eagle Mountain is the lake that I am considering the most for a lake within about an hour of central Dallas. Are there any other big lakes I should consider besides Eagle Mountain in the DFW area? Going to be throwing some soft plastics for fish on beds and maybe throwing some 6" or 8" soft plastic 316 swimbaits, possibly a deps 250 or some other glides, for staging fish out on shallow points. Anyone have success throwing big baits for staging fish or even fish on beds or should I stick to smaller baits?

Tomorrow a cold front is pushing through with some rain in the area, how does everyone think this will affect these fish tomorrow?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/02/20 10:38 PM

Where are you coming from?
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/02/20 10:42 PM

What you need is an expert to come along here very shortly to tell you about channel swings and some weather-specific baits that might work along with some incredible technology that will give you an edge by going to a lot of great spots that have been identified. Sir you have rubbed the correct lamp and that genie should be appearing shortly.
Posted By: vertexe

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/02/20 10:44 PM

I have lived in Dallas for a little while, just now got the bass boat. Fished town lake and lake austin for years, caught so many huge fish 4+ years ago.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/02/20 10:49 PM

TWok would be another option!

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/02/20 10:50 PM

Joe pool been fishing excellent.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/02/20 10:51 PM

Go to Ray Hub. I’ve heard it’s on fire.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/02/20 10:59 PM

Athens is on fire.

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/02/20 11:12 PM

Pretty much any lake you got to right now will allow you to catch fish however you want, no special baits or maps or weather-specific lures needed.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/03/20 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by RedEar12
What you need is an expert to come along here very shortly to tell you about channel swings and some weather-specific baits that might work along with some incredible technology that will give you an edge by going to a lot of great spots that have been identified. Sir you have rubbed the correct lamp and that genie should be appearing shortly.

Chuckle , I see what you did there.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/03/20 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tiltman

Chuckle , I see what you did there.

roflmao

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/03/20 12:47 AM

most lakes are fishing well right now
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/03/20 01:46 AM

Do you want an easy lake to navigate that you can still catch fish? Athens is a good choice, heck white rock is a good lake
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/03/20 12:52 PM

Lots of lakes id go to from Dallas instead of west Ft Worth Eagle Mtn.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/04/20 02:30 AM

Ray Hubbard
Ray Roberts
Lewisville
Twok
Richland Chambers
Joe pool
Arlington

White rock is trolling motor only but is closed
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/04/20 02:39 AM

roflmao

Re: Looking for a solid lake near Dallas to fish from a boat - 04/04/20 03:08 AM

grapevine is a great bass lake. LMB, SMB, spotted bass and white bass.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum