Texas Fishing Forum

66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed

Posted By: Tiltman

66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 03/31/20 07:44 PM

Or at least thats what I was just told from a buddy.

can't say I blame the city, it was a zoo out there the last 2 times I launched.

But it is a bummer
Posted By: tx_basser

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 03/31/20 08:28 PM

omg... It was a complete cluster there on Sunday, and I saw the Police come through there a couple of times and figure it was coming. People think this is a holiday.
Posted By: Texascajun

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 03/31/20 09:57 PM

Yea Hubbard was busier than the 4th of July!! 3 of us had cars parked behind us in our lane behind boat trailers. I had to drive through bushes and over the curb to get loaded. One ol boy said he was calling the cops to move cars.....figured that was gonna be the end of Hubbard for a while. Sucks cause that's the perfect ramp for a guy fishing solo.... Yacht cruisers were literally driving into creeks waking the hell out of everything and at 1 point there were 9 boats in one pocket....I wont be out there for a while
Posted By: SC-001

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/01/20 12:15 AM

If peope can't behave they are going to close them all!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/01/20 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by SC-001

They can’t
Posted By: LostHubbardFisherman

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/01/20 01:17 AM

Suppose to be closed on the 31st for paint striping and the. Reopen. https://playrockwall.com/2020/03/sh...row-march-31st-for-parking-lot-striping/

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/01/20 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by LostHubbardFisherman
Suppose to be closed on the 31st for paint striping and the. Reopen. https://playrockwall.com/2020/03/sh...row-march-31st-for-parking-lot-striping/

I woulda figured it was due to the mayhem but if it re opens that’s cool.

I do wish it would settle down tho
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/01/20 02:12 AM

The tough thing is when they close one ramp it just concentrates the people all on fewer places which leads to it being crowded which leads to them closing another one which concentrates the people even more...

It seems the end result is all the ramps are going to be closed, at least on lakes near population centers.
Posted By: MV

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/01/20 02:28 AM

Maybe the striping will help people parking . Last time I was there. Not even busy some one hit my trailer light.
Posted By: Rog

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/01/20 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Texascajun
Yea Hubbard was busier than the 4th of July!! 3 of us had cars parked behind us in our lane behind boat trailers. I had to drive through bushes and over the curb to get loaded. One ol boy said he was calling the cops to move cars.....figured that was gonna be the end of Hubbard for a while. Sucks cause that's the perfect ramp for a guy fishing solo.... Yacht cruisers were literally driving into creeks waking the hell out of everything and at 1 point there were 9 boats in one pocket....I wont be out there for a while

Aren’t y’all supposed to be at home. 😎 didn’t think fishing was an essential activity.......omg I have been stuck at home too long what did I just say.......
Posted By: SC-001

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/01/20 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

They can’t

Public ones they can, because of crowds North Carolina, South Carolina, Maine and Washington just to name a few have closed public access to all lakes and rivers.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/01/20 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by MV
Maybe the striping will help people parking . Last time I was there. Not even busy some one hit my trailer light.

They’re gonna put 6’ between parking spaces.
Posted By: MV

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/01/20 12:13 PM

It’s crowded also because walkers park there to walk the bridge .
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/01/20 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

They can’t

Public ones they can, because of crowds North Carolina, South Carolina, Maine and Washington just to name a few have closed public access to all lakes and rivers.

I meant people can't behave, they simply won't
Posted By: Tracker Tim

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/02/20 01:24 PM

Spaces need to be marked for trailer parking only. Too many people parking cars in the spaces.
Posted By: grumpyoldman

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/02/20 02:12 PM

Rockwall city ordinance specifically states that the parking at public boat ramps is for "vehicles with boat trailers attached". I don't think that's been enforced since half of California moved here though.

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/02/20 02:56 PM

If any Rockwallians could check and see if its actually open now that'd be awesome.
Posted By: grumpyoldman

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/02/20 04:47 PM

It was open yesterday with fresh parking lot lines. Same parking layout as before.

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/02/20 08:47 PM

Thanks Grumpy
Posted By: Bobby61

Re: 66 Ramp in Rockwall just closed - 04/02/20 08:54 PM

In San Angelo you can only fish solo or with one family member!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum