Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing Pressure

Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Fishing Pressure - 03/29/20 11:24 PM

Fished twice last two days and both ramps i was at on two different lakes were packed. Most trucks I've seen at either ramp. I'm thinking if this keeps up the fishing pressure is gonna make fishing slightly tougher. Been hearing ramps are packed everyday on numerous lakes.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 12:27 AM

#grow the sport
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 12:36 AM

Fork was nuts last 2 days.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 01:47 AM

People will be avoiding the Louisiana border lakes.
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 01:50 AM

Pressure is surly a factory on Fork this past week. Anglers need to really pay attention to the details as you’re guaranteed to be fishing behind someone.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 01:51 AM

The Rona will be moved east by the "virus birds" from the major metropolitan areas
Posted By: Statton48

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 01:51 AM

Yeah it’s getting tougher, but it makes you better. I bed fishes today and didn’t even mess with the ones ppl have caught already. Luckily found a few that no one else did. As far as just fishing, I did ok. Have to think outside the box a little. I can’t tell you how many senkos and finesse worms I saw today being thrown.
Posted By: tx_basser

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 02:20 AM

Went to Ray Hubbard today and before Covid I pretty much had run of the place. Today i got there at 8:30 and parking lot only had two empty spots left.. You would have thought it was 4th July or something. I finally got off the lake at 2:30 and had to keep my head on a swivel.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 02:21 AM

Eagle Mountain has been a zoo the last 2 weeks. I saw several people even fishing out of ski and wakeboard boats.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Statton48
Yeah it’s getting tougher, but it makes you better. I bed fishes today and didn’t even mess with the ones ppl have caught already. Luckily found a few that no one else did. As far as just fishing, I did ok. Have to think outside the box a little. I can’t tell you how many senkos and finesse worms I saw today being thrown.

How do you know which ones have been caught?
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

This^
Posted By: toofy

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 02:52 AM

I suspect lots of people can't go to work with the coronavirus so they are fishing. I reduced my work schedule this week so I am fishing 3 mornings and going to work in the afternoon.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 02:55 AM

they tell you

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 02:56 AM

Pretty much they do tell you.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 02:57 AM

The ones with holes n their lips. I went Saturday, It...Was...Bad, think I will stick to our farm pond far awhile this spring.

Originally Posted by toofy
I suspect lots of people can't go to work with the coronavirus so they are fishing. I reduced my work schedule this week so I am fishing 3 mornings and going to work in the afternoon.

And they're deer hunting too even though its out of season, over heard my moron neighbor talking about it claiming he had to do it for food rolleyes
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 03:05 AM

word of mouth?

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 03:08 AM

I love to sight fish!! I’ve been doing it for a pretty good while and especially the lakes I know very well. I’ve seen fish with hooks and white grubs still stuck in their tail. Seen busted up backs with meat showing, gutted fish, etc etc. yes I’ve accidentally foul hooked before, no not intentionally. The fishes body language will tell you a lot!!! Committed or not, scared crapless at everything, etc etc.

Actually saw a father and son today pitching at beds. I pulled up to one probably 75yds away and 3lber just sitting there. I pitched passed her probably 5’ and she immediately locked on. Soon as the bait hit the bed she went crazy and swam with it probably 3-4’ before dropping it. Told the dad he could have that one for his boy to catch “maybe 10-11yrs old”. He trolled up to it and the young man was up to bat. Fun to watch as I idled away and seeing that young fella fighting that fish.

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/30/20 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by senko9S

word of mouth?

Sometimes OMG
Posted By: Big C

Re: Fishing Pressure - 03/31/20 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by TajChauvin
Pressure is surly a factory on Fork this past week. Anglers need to really pay attention to the details as you’re guaranteed to be fishing behind someone.

Yep. March is crazy anyway, but from what I've heard it was really crazy this last week. Two weeks ago when I was out there during the MLF, I tried to pick pitching to structure with pockets way back in it. I figured if I thought the vast majority of fisherman wouldn't even attempt to throw in there, that was why I would. Did OK. No monsters, but a good number with the biggest being 5.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum