Texas Fishing Forum

Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off?

Posted By: rcjoutdoors

Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 01:47 PM

Might be the time to pull the trigger on an Xtasy. Cant decide between the 755 and 754. Is the 755 lighter than advertised? Never fished a Dobyns before. I'm intrigued.

https://www.sportsmansoutfitters.com/search?q=dobyns+rods

Use code: Dobynsforty at checkout

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 02:11 PM

I have had the Xtasy 755 since before they were fully launched. Its insanely sensitive. It actually took some getting used to because you feel everything and it made me make several hook sets on phantom bites that were a pad stem,piece of grass or something like that. On the power I would say it feels like a full 5 power rod but the diameter has to be 40% than most Mag Heavy rods. Gary told me he specifically used it for throwing senkos with nail weights in heavy grass. I've used it for a variety plastics.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 02:36 PM

Might have to try out a Champion now! I have Colt, Fury, and Savvy ones and really like them.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 02:55 PM

Bought a Champion 734C and 744C, love my Champions and always have the use for a 734

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 04:22 PM

A $240 rod for $144 and free shipping?! Think I'm getting a new rod!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 04:54 PM

Have any of you done business with this company before? I haven't even heard of them.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by texasAUtiger
Have any of you done business with this company before? I haven't even heard of them.

Yes, great company and great rod.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 05:38 PM

Quick Google search will give you some history. I have a dozen or so Champion XP Series and they are outstanding rods. Just ordered another that I do not necessarily need, but you can't buy a used one at this price.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 05:41 PM

I'm talking about Sportman's Outfitters, the retailer. I know Dobyn's are good rods. I own a bunch of them.
Posted By: BadgerBass

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 06:58 PM

Does this apply to the Champion Extreme models too??
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 07:05 PM

how do you receive the discount?

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Medinalakeguy
how do you receive the discount?

Use the discount code

DOBYNSFORTY

at checkout.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by BadgerBass

All models

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by rcjoutdoors
Originally Posted by BadgerBass

All models

Thanks OP for sharing this link. I got several. Stimulating the economy and getting a great deal.
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 08:53 PM

When does it end?
Posted By: stapler101

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 10:01 PM

I like a very stiff rod (heavy or extra heavy in most) for Carolina rig, worms etc.
which model Dobyns do you recommend?
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 10:08 PM

Anyone familiar with the company and have completed orders previously?
Posted By: AggieManger08

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/27/20 10:17 PM

rcjoutdoors, I'm not sure if I should thank you or not, my bank account just took a hit!

Thanks for sharing, this is an incredible deal.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 12:39 AM

I’m saving 100%. I ain’t buying any of them. cheers
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 01:00 AM

Gee thanks, you just cost me $210 for a Champion Extreme HP. Was actually going to buy another GLoomis IMX-Pro so I guess I just saved a few $$$
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 01:34 AM

Just ordered a 734. Been wanting one anyway.

Wayne
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 01:44 AM

For those asking, I have ordered many a rod and reel from Sportsman's Outfitters and have never had an issue.
Posted By: dillydilly24

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 01:52 AM

I got an AR15 from them a few years ago and didn’t have any issues.
Posted By: Whitehog29

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 02:10 AM

Google them and not a ton of reviews. However their Facebook page has a lot of positive reviews. Those that are negative seem properly responded to. Enough I took a chance. Thanks to the OP for the info. They also have really good pricing on Lews reels.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 02:50 AM

I ordered a 736 champion. Don’t really need it but hey what’s one more frog rod.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 04:01 AM

cheers
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 05:00 AM

I got some of the new Xtasy rods and I’d have to say the NRX has now been surpassed in my book.

Truly a remarkable rod. The backbone, tip and sensitivity are beyond belief.

It’s one of those times when you get what you pay for.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 12:43 PM

I want to order a 8’ flip/punch champion HP, might be smart to just hold onto my money for now though.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
I want to order a 8’ flip/punch champion HP, might be smart to just hold onto my money for now though.

True Grout. It’s hard to justify buying good equipment for those of us sitting at home!

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

I'd go with the fury line on this rod, if you want to save some money
Posted By: cali kid

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 04:19 PM

Fantastic deal. I picked up a 736FH for 1 oz. jigs and frogs

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by AggieManger08
rcjoutdoors, I'm not sure if I should thank you or not, my bank account just took a hit!

Thanks for sharing, this is an incredible deal.

My bank account needs an icepack and 2 aspirin
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 06:39 PM

I cant get passed the sign in page. Weird.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 11:00 PM

what would be their best rod for drop shoting

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/28/20 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by RATZ

My buddy really likes the 723C for drop shotting/shaky head. At 7'2" takes up slack well and the 3 power is strong enough to set the hook without bending the lighter wire hooks.
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/29/20 01:31 AM

Got a Champion XP 908 coming.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/29/20 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by bassmanrudy

My buddy really likes the 723C for drop shotting/shaky head. At 7'2" takes up slack well and the 3 power is strong enough to set the hook without bending the lighter wire hooks.

I went with the 702c. Was more in my price range.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/29/20 02:53 AM

Man I hate not getting to go fishing.

I had to go back and order the Champion XP in the 702C, 703C and 704C.
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/29/20 03:14 AM

I spent more that I should have, but you dont run across that deal everyday. I loaded up on my last few opportunities through good deals on Dobyns through the TFF on Champion XPs and Champion Extremes. So, I bought quite a few on this sale for dock rods, guest rods and back ups on this deal. I haven't tried the Fury series before, but for $72each and a no questions asked warranty and exchange program (for a fee) on them it was hard to pass up.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/29/20 07:21 AM

Just broke a Fury last night so bought a Champ XP DC 734C S/H. Needed a H anyway so switched out a MH Fury to this for $150. What a deal. And they didn't take out tax either.
Posted By: Fence Guy

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/29/20 05:03 PM

Barely have money to pay bills due to the ‘Rona virus shutting my work down. But found enough change to get me another Champion XP 733. Too good of a deal to pass up!! I may have a problem. Hope this is legit🤣😂
Posted By: saibling

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/29/20 05:58 PM

beautiful fish, congrats.
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/29/20 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
I’m saving 100%. I ain’t buying any of them. cheers

Same here! cheers
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 12:45 AM

I have bought a couple of reels from them over the years, so they have been around for five years or more. Extreme DX744C for me

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 02:27 AM

Wellp went ahead and got the Champion HP 733C tonight. Wanted something for the 3/8oz and below t-rig/jig range. For $156 I feel like I got a Great deal!!
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 03:05 AM

Just about jumped on this - but then talked to a buddy who reminded me that Dobyns allows some retailers to limit their warranty coverage to only people who purchased directly from the individual retailer. Until their warranty coverage can be redeemed at any retailer, I'm out on Dobyns. Saved me some $
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 03:23 AM

Is it a big deal to send a rod back to Dobyns? I think they allow you to cut them down, so not like you have to send a 7 foot tube. I've never had to get a warranty replacement, so kind of a non-issue for me. It might happen, but not with any frequency. I certainly like the 5 Champion XP rods I have...
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 01:46 PM

That's a great deal, but looking back at the s**t they have sent us over the last few years? And now with covid-19? Not to mention I can spend my money on American made rods, on American jobs, supporting my friends and neighbors that are as good or better than that Chicom junk? No f***ing way Jose!!! flag

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gungle
That's a great deal, but looking back at the s**t they have sent us over the last few years? And now with covid-19? Not to mention I can spend my money on American made rods, on American jobs, supporting my friends and neighbors that are as good or better than that Chicom junk? No f***ing way Jose!!! flag

^^ did/do you know Dobyns is headquartered in Sulphur Springs, Texas?!?! And that EVERYONE'S blanks come from 1 of 3 places so it's only "American" for assembly and distribution?!
Posted By: DCJohnson

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 02:53 PM

Just saw this but looks like it's too late for the sale. I have 8 Dobyns rods (3 Furys, 3 Sierras and 2 Champ Extremes) and I love them all. I had a Champ 734 that I loved but accidentally kicked it overboard in 20' of water. I would have replaced it with this sale if I had seen it in time. The Furys are a great rod for the money and I use them for moving bait applications. The Sierra is a great rod for less than $200 and a step up in sensitivity from the Fury. I bought the 2 Extremes at a Bassmaster Classic for about 25% off the list price. They are the finest rods I've ever owned. I have the DX744 I use for jigs and Carolina rigs and the DX795 Flip. As I said before, I love all of them but I think the Sierra is a great rod when it comes to balancing cost vs quality and sensitivity.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by DCJohnson
Just saw this but looks like it's too late for the sale.

Yes, it is over mad
Posted By: Mp Rock

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 05:34 PM

Just talked to Sportsmans and they are trying to get Dobyns to extend the sale. Supposed to call me back if they get it approved.
Posted By: BigVes

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by patriot07
Just about jumped on this - but then talked to a buddy who reminded me that Dobyns allows some retailers to limit their warranty coverage to only people who purchased directly from the individual retailer. Until their warranty coverage can be redeemed at any retailer, I'm out on Dobyns. Saved me some $

I have never heard such a thing. Most people rave about their customer service, including warranty, and that is something Gary prides his business on. Here is their warranty policy http://dobynsrods.com/warranty/

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 07:43 PM

did anyone else get an email after their purchase? I can't find one if I did.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 08:07 PM

As for their warranty... Several years ago I broke the tip off of a Champion Extreme in my garage door. They told me to cut out the section of the rod that has the model and specs and put it in an envelope and send it to them with a check for $70 (I think it's $80 now for this rod). About a week later I received a new replacement.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 08:29 PM

Yes, I got an email

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Greg W

Yes, I got an email

I did too. Check your spam or other folder.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 09:57 PM

I got a email in my junk.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/30/20 10:14 PM

From what I understand, Gary has a fair amount of stock on hand in east Texas because non-essential retail stores/dealer network are in shelter in place mode, so he partnered with one or more of his ecommerce partners to move some of the inventory (as ecomm is about the only way to do that current day and age), as the orders are going to drop ship from East Texas. I got an email on my order

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 01:07 AM

Yes, I got an email confirming my order (on Fri), but I have not yet gotten one saying anything has shipped.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by BigVes

I have never heard such a thing. Most people rave about their customer service, including warranty, and that is something Gary prides his business on. Here is their warranty policy http://dobynsrods.com/warranty/

I tried to take one back to Oak Ridge Marina but they would not accept it because I didn't buy it there (bought it from Tackle Warehouse, so I did buy it new). I can't remember if they replied on here after I posted about it, or if I called them, but they basically said that retailers could choose whether to provide warranty service to all Dobyns customers or just their customers. They lost me as a customer on that day. And so did Oak Ridge.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Is it a big deal to send a rod back to Dobyns? I think they allow you to cut them down, so not like you have to send a 7 foot tube. I've never had to get a warranty replacement, so kind of a non-issue for me. It might happen, but not with any frequency. I certainly like the 5 Champion XP rods I have...

I have 3 Dobyns rods (Savvy 704, Champ 703, Champ Extreme 745) - 2 of them have been sent back for breakage. And I've had to replace guides on 2 of them as well. Lost my biggest fish ever on my 745 because one of my guides got knicked and cut my braid. I don't want to say for sure it was a DD, but I've had some 9s and it absolutely looked larger than any fish I've ever caught. But it wasn't close enough to the boat to say with 100% certainty.

Regardless, I was unaware of being able to send them back to them at the time. They didn't mention it either. I was handling warranty stuff with local retailers, at least in part because it gave me an opportunity to go buy some stuff from locals who provide good service. That's when Oak Ridge pulled their stunt and ticked me off.

Honestly, I've had Berkleys, Abu Garcia, Shimano, G Loomis, BPS, and others, and the only rods I've ever had with breaks that weren't my fault or messed up guides were Dobyns. They are good sensitive rods for the money, but I've had way more issues with them than anything else, and most of my other stuff is cheaper and lower end.
Posted By: Bigg Un

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 01:12 PM

Is this sale still on?? Looking for a frog rod...
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bigg Un
Is this sale still on?? Looking for a frog rod...
no.
Posted By: Ibock

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 03:37 PM

I spoke to Gary Dobyns yesterday and he said they are honoring the 40percent off. I don't know for how long but that was just yesterday. BTW I spoke to Gary yesterday for about 20 min and he was so patient answering all my questions and very accommodating. It makes it a little easier to spend money with a company when you have spoken to the owner and had such a great experience.
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ibock
I spoke to Gary Dobyns yesterday and he said they are honoring the 40percent off. I don't know for how long but that was just yesterday. BTW I spoke to Gary yesterday for about 20 min and he was so patient answering all my questions and very accommodating. It makes it a little easier to spend money with a company when you have spoken to the owner and had such a great experience.

Did you call Dobyns directly or did he give you a code?

Looking for a good chatterbait rod

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 03:43 PM

I talked to Sportsman's Outfitters on Tuesday morning. I was informed that Dobyn's will not be allowing them to extend the sale. Dobyn's is already over-whelmed with orders from the sale.
Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 07:38 PM

Anyone get any shipping/tracking yet? I got an email they received my order but nothing since then.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 07:47 PM

The rods are being shipping direct from Dobyns' corporate location in Texas. I have been told they got swamped by the sale, so there's a backlog of shipping to be done. Hence, you'll need to be patient about being notified. There is no hanky-panky on this, just being swamped.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 08:05 PM

The rods are being shipping direct from Dobyns' corporate location in Texas. I have been told they got swamped by the sale, so there's a backlog of shipping to be done. Hence, you'll need to be patient about being notified. There is no hanky-panky on this, just being swamped.

As long as I can get my rod before April 17 I'm happy. I'll be at Rayburn for 9 days so I wanna play with it.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

I talked to Sportsman's Outfitters on Tuesday morning. I was informed that Dobyn's will not be allowing them to extend the sale. Dobyn's is already over-whelmed with orders from the sale.

If you're on Facebook and a member of Dobyns Rod Community, Gary is running the 40% off there till 4/6.
He is charging $25 shipping per order, so if you order 1 or order 10, shipping is the same. Order directly and help a local guy out!
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rocky Robison

If you're on Facebook and a member of Dobyns Rod Community, Gary is running the 40% off there till 4/6.
He is charging $25 shipping per order, so if you order 1 or order 10, shipping is the same. Order directly and help a local guy out!

Yup. Ordered an Xtasy yesterday. Told myself no for a week and then I caved.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 08:35 PM

From a friend who's prostaff with them-
"Get the 735C or 736C Glass rods for chatterbaits". These are new rods to the lineup just for chatter/spinnerbaits.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 08:58 PM

I spoke to Gary directly. No code. I went and picked up my Xstacy today and spoke to him again and told him guys on TFF we’re still wanting to buy and he said he would honor the 40percent through Monday April 6th. All you have to do is contact them directly. This 755 I got is sick. So light and well balanced.
Posted By: Derek Stokes

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 09:15 PM

How do I get in contact with Dobyns rods directly?

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Derek Stokes
How do I get in contact with Dobyns rods directly?

Contact Us

Dobyns Rods
100 CMH
Sulphur Springs TX, 75482
1 (903) 919-8028
info@dobynsrods.com

Right off their website

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 09:36 PM

Just googled them and got in touch. Gonna get myself a Champion Extreme Med Hvy. Thanks guys

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 03/31/20 10:50 PM

You missed the "limited time". The sale is over, but they will be having another one. I don't know when.....but that's what they told me when I called.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/01/20 01:33 AM

You missed the "limited time". The sale is over, but they will be having another one. I don't know when.....but that's what they told me when I called.

We have moved on from the Sportsmans Outfitters deal and are talking about going thru Dobyns directly. Dobyns still has the 40% off directly until the 6th.
Posted By: James P.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/01/20 02:35 AM

I spoke to Gary directly. No code. I went and picked up my Xstacy today and spoke to him again and told him guys on TFF we’re still wanting to buy and he said he would honor the 40percent through Monday April 6th. All you have to do is contact them directly. This 755 I got is sick. So light and well balanced.

What are you gonna use the 755 for ? Sure would like to feel one in my hands, before I pull the trigger.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/01/20 03:01 PM

Hopefully when that stimulus money comes in banana

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/02/20 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by James P.

What are you gonna use the 755 for ? Sure would like to feel one in my hands, before I pull the trigger.

I am going to use it a pitch and flipping rod. It says it’s a mag H but feels more like a heavy. If You’re ever in McKinney you can check out mine.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/02/20 01:00 AM

Thanks I got the 724 for big Shakey heads and jigs for deep structure, hoping it will fit the bill. Was thinking the mag might be to heavy. Gonna try and reach out to them tomorrow. Thanks for the Response.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/02/20 07:18 PM

Just got an email and my rod is shipping today and should be here tomorrow!!

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/02/20 07:22 PM

Ordered a Champion 735 and a Sierra 704 today to add to my arsenal of Dobyns rods. I really need to quit buying rods, but I can't seem to stop.
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/02/20 07:33 PM

Called them and got 2 rods at 40% off. Great dea.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/03/20 12:45 AM

Good to hear. Tomorrow will be a week and I haven’t heard anything.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/03/20 01:02 AM

Good to hear. Tomorrow will be a week and I haven’t heard anything.

Ditto
Posted By: 361V

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/03/20 10:02 AM

By continuing this thread y’all are now just rubbing it in! cry
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/03/20 11:44 AM

'bout 80.....
Posted By: LFA17

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/03/20 01:27 PM

Same here. Email received verifying order, but no other info since then.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/03/20 04:59 PM

I communicated with Sportsman Outfitters today. Rods are being shipped from Sulpher Springs. Wish I had just bought from Dobyns direct. Outfitters is getting shipping info kind of batch (many at a time), and it's possible your rod may show up before Outfitters gets the shippment info. Hoping Dobyns can get all this caught back up by next week. Problem is Dobyns got overwhelmed and have to let it unwind.
Posted By: Coach17

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/03/20 05:40 PM

I communicated with Sportsman Outfitters today. Rods are being shipped from Sulpher Springs. Wish I had just bought from Dobyns direct. Outfitters is getting shipping info kind of batch (many at a time), and it's possible your rod may show up before Outfitters gets the shippment info. Hoping Dobyns can get all this caught back up by next week. Problem is Dobyns got overwhelmed and have to let it unwind.

I ordered mine directly from Dobyns on Tuesday evening late, the Fed Ex guy handed me all 7' 3" at a safe distance this morning at 11 a.m....so I guess its which place you placed your order from wink

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/03/20 05:55 PM

I got this from Sportsman's Outfitters this morning:

Hello,

First let me say that I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe during this time.

I am writing to let everyone know that we appreciate your business and your patience during this time. Our Dobyn’s rod promo was such a success, that it put us behind several days on getting all of the orders processed. I assure you that if you placed an order for rods with us, your order has either already been shipped, or will be shipped very soon. Some of you have already received your rods, and some of you may receive your rods before you receive your tracking information.

I apologize for the delay, and this is certainly not normal for us. All orders that were placed for non-Dobyns items still shipped with 1 business day, and all future orders will be handled the same way.

Again, I thank you very much for your business and for your patience during this time. Everyone is working hard to get you the product you ordered, and we will continue to do so until all orders are filled.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at customercare@sportsmansoutfitters.com .

Thank you!

Jamie Thomas
Sportsman's Outfitters

I'm cool with it and certainly understand.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/03/20 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Coach17

I ordered mine directly from Dobyns on Tuesday evening late, the Fed Ex guy handed me all 7' 3" at a safe distance this morning at 11 a.m....so I guess its which place you placed your order from wink

Yea, wish I'd ordered directly from Dobyns mainly to get the rod faster but also to put more money in their pockets and not a middleman. I broke my Champ Extreme on Tues. and already sent in my cutout to get a new rod. $80 gets me a new one so they at least give you a partial warranty. I bought mine new but from a guy on TFF so I don't have a receipt.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/03/20 08:49 PM

It showed!! Matched it with a 7.5:1 Pro Qualifier that I got last year and I think they look good together!! Hope everyone else gets their shipments soon!!

[Linked Image]

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/03/20 10:54 PM

what date did y'all order on? I ordered mine on the 28th and no shipping info yet. Was hoping I could narrow down a shipping date by seeing when some of y'all ordered yours.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/03/20 11:02 PM

what date did y'all order on? I ordered mine on the 28th and no shipping info yet. Was hoping I could narrow down a shipping date by seeing when some of y'all ordered yours.

Got an email from Sportsmansoutfitters today saying that they were so overwhelmed that you may receive your rod before getting shipping notification. I ordered mine on the 27th and no update.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/03/20 11:51 PM

Ordered mine on 3/25 and got it yesterday in NC

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/04/20 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Got an email from Sportsmansoutfitters today saying that they were so overwhelmed that you may receive your rod before getting shipping notification. I ordered mine on the 27th and no update.

Same for me.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/04/20 12:33 AM

Ordered mine 3/29. Got here today like I posted earlier.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/04/20 12:39 AM

Called Dobyns HQ on Monday and received the rod Thursday. Scrumptious.
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/04/20 12:44 AM

Ordered 2 Dobyns from Sportsman Outfitters on March 27th and they haven't arrived yet!
Posted By: bigfishwilb

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/04/20 04:38 PM

dobyns site offering 40% off you say?
Posted By: soje

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/05/20 03:19 PM

Has anyone placed an order via email? Someone's post said they want us to send an email with a request a call back.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/06/20 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by soje
Has anyone placed an order via email? Someone's post said they want us to send an email with a request a call back.

Gary said on the Dobyns Rod Community Facebook page, that tomorrow at 5pm is the shutoff time. He said if you try to call in, the #s might be busy. He said to email your name and number to them. He said they might not get back to you before 5 but if it was sent before 5 you were good and would receive a call back even if it took until Tuesday for them to call you back.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/06/20 01:10 PM

Gary said on the Dobyns Rod Community Facebook page, that tomorrow at 5pm is the shutoff time. He said if you try to call in, the #s might be busy. He said to email your name and number to them. He said they might not get back to you before 5 but if it was sent before 5 you were good and would receive a call back even if it took until Tuesday for them to call you back.

Emailed this morning. Thanks!
Posted By: FisH4HogZ

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/06/20 01:23 PM

Can someone please post the email address? I don't have facebook

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/06/20 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by FisH4HogZ

I clicked on the link on their website.

info@dobynsrods.com

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/06/20 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lee Finlay
Originally Posted by FisH4HogZ

I clicked on the link on their website.

info@dobynsrods.com

thumb

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/06/20 04:06 PM

I didn't realize they were in Sulphur Springs now. That might help me some since it's so close that the warranty issue is less important.

If I wanted a cranking rod for shallow/medium cranks (4-12'), how much improved is the champ versus the fury? Not sure about graphite vs glass. My current cranking rod is a BPS cranking stick, and it's fine but not my favorite.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/06/20 04:11 PM

I didn't realize they were in Sulphur Springs now. That might help me some since it's so close that the warranty issue is less important.

If I wanted a cranking rod for shallow/medium cranks (4-12'), how much improved is the champ versus the fury? Not sure about graphite vs glass. My current cranking rod is a BPS cranking stick, and it's fine but not my favorite.

My Champion XP 704CB GLASS is my favorite rod, but I do throw smaller squarebills a lot. I use Fury's (703SF I think) on my spinning set ups and am very pleased.
Posted By: fisherinok

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/06/20 04:33 PM

I would recommend the 705 CB in either the Champion or Fury line. I have the Champion but only because the Fury line didn't exist when I bought it. They are both really good. The 704 CB might be good for shallower stuff but I like heavier (1/2 oz) lures for deeper than 8 ft and found the 704 CB is not heavy enough for my liking.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/06/20 08:03 PM

I love my Fury 705 CB for shallow/med crankbaits and traps. If money isn't much of an issue, the Champion is a lighter and more sensitive rod. But for me, I use the Furys and Sierras for moving baits and save my money on those rods to buy Champions and Champ Extremes for dragging jigs, worms, Carolina rigs on the bottom where the increased sensitivity really pays off

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/06/20 11:02 PM

Thanks yall.

DCJohnson - that's pretty much what I've done up til now. Spend money on reels for moving baits and rods for bottom baits.

Did Fury replace the Savvy or is it cheaper?

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/07/20 03:24 AM

I have the Fury and Champ and the Champ has more backbone to it. So really depends on what you're pulling them out of. Clean water, not going to make a difference. If you have to pull them out of heavier cover or grass you'll like the Champ better. I have a Champ Extreme too and for the money, the Champ is a super nice rod and at 40% off a steal. If you missed the 40% off there is a M/H refurbished Champ for $170 right now. I was actually at Dobyns in Sulpher Springs today exchanging a couple of broken rods. Both were my fault but still nice to have a decent warranty.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/07/20 03:25 AM

I have the Fury and Champ and the Champ has more backbone to it. So really depends on what you're pulling them out of. Clean water, not going to make a difference. If you have to pull them out of heavier cover or grass you'll like the Champ better. I have a Champ Extreme too and for the money, the Champ is a super nice rod and at 40% off a steal. If you missed the 40% off there is a M/H refurbished Champ for $170 right now. I was actually at Dobyns in Sulpher Springs today exchanging a couple of broken rods. Both were my fault but still nice to have a decent warranty.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/07/20 04:20 PM

The Sierra line replaced the Savvy line. The Fury is a little cheaper.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/07/20 08:20 PM

still waiting

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/07/20 08:22 PM

still waiting

Same here. Ordered on the 27th.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/07/20 09:35 PM

still waiting

Me too. No movement on my order despite the email this past weekend that I posted above from Sportsman's Outfitters.

On the other hand, at the rate things are going, all the lakes will be closed by the time the rods get to me.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/07/20 10:53 PM

still waiting

Me too. No movement on my order despite the email this past weekend that I posted above from Sportsman's Outfitters.

On the other hand, at the rate things are going, all the lakes will be closed by the time the rods get to me.

Well ain't you just a ray of optimism
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/07/20 11:18 PM

Is the deal still business?

I'll get one for 40% off. Wouldn't pay full price for their Chinese built rods
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/08/20 01:21 AM

I spoke with Dobyns today and they told me they should have all of the Sportsman Outfitters orders shipped by the end of next week.They said the shipping department was extremely backed up because of all the orders they received from them.
Posted By: Fence Guy

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/08/20 01:59 AM

Paid for mine at sportsman’s outfitters on the 28th. They processed my payment and I can’t get a confirmation call or email. I’ve sent two emails seeking confirmation or tracking info. Hoping I didn’t get the ol’ bait n switch on this one.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/08/20 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Fence Guy
Paid for mine at sportsman’s outfitters on the 28th. They processed my payment and I can’t get a confirmation call or email. I’ve sent two emails seeking confirmation or tracking info. Hoping I didn’t get the ol’ bait n switch on this one.

You're fine. They got overwhelmed and even sent out an email explaining it. Plenty of us ordered before you and still have gotten them yet.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/08/20 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Fence Guy

I was there yesterday to trade out a broken rod. Lady said Sportsman Outfitters dropped shipped 1000 rods all at once and they are overwhelmed. We would have been better to buy straight from Dobyns as it seems they are filling their own orders ahead of SOs. But she did think all rods would be out by end of next week as others have said. I asked about just taking my pole I ordered from SOs while I was there, but the lady said she'd have to find my order and I didn't have the heart to do that to her. I'll just wait for the fedex.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/08/20 03:32 AM

I got mine today and throughout the process received updates by emails throughout the process. The tube is covered with the Dobyns logo.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/08/20 11:39 AM

Emailed on the 6th, order placed and paid for on the 7th

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/08/20 05:15 PM

I just bought a X-rays 755 2 weeks ago and got laid off unexpectedly. I paid 357 with tax I would sell it for 300 if anyone is interested. I fished it twice.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/08/20 10:45 PM

Got an email today from Sportsman's Outfitters saying my rod was out of stock, did I want to substitute to something else (and he had pasted the items that were out of stock) or get a refund back to my credit card.
Posted By: LFA17

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/09/20 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by danceswithbass
Got an email today from Sportsman's Outfitters saying my rod was out of stock, did I want to substitute to something else (and he had pasted the items that were out of stock) or get a refund back to my credit card.

Same here. Cancelled order and got credit from paypal. Too bad. Was looking forward to the rod.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/09/20 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by LFA17
Originally Posted by danceswithbass

Same here. Cancelled order and got credit from paypal. Too bad. Was looking forward to the rod.

When did you guys place your order? I'm assuming they are filling orders in the order they were received...

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/09/20 03:35 PM

placed my order 3/29 have not heard a word.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/09/20 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Champion1
placed my order 3/29 have not heard a word.

3/28 here and nothing
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/09/20 08:07 PM

I heard they will release the rods and reels the same day they release the 16lber photo/video.
Posted By: whitecapping

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 01:49 AM

Ordered 3 direct form Dobyns April 3 got them April 8.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 02:13 AM

I ordered 3-28, no rod or shipping info yet. A 736C FH Champion for 1 oz. jigs mainly.

Last Monday 4-6 I ordered direct from Dobyns and received it today. Also, when I called Dobyns I was fortunate and able to speak with
Gary about a Spinnerbait/chatterbait rod. I ordered the DC 736CB

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 02:32 AM

I know I'm mad I didn't order directly from Dobyns. Be lucky to get the rod at all. If they try and cancel I'm calling Dobyns and see if they'll honor the sale even if I have to wait for inventory. They should. They are prioritizing people calling over their dealers which kind of sucks. Should do it based on date of order regardless where the order came from.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 02:57 AM

I know I'm mad I didn't order directly from Dobyns. Be lucky to get the rod at all. If they try and cancel I'm calling Dobyns and see if they'll honor the sale even if I have to wait for inventory. They should. They are prioritizing people calling over their dealers which kind of sucks. Should do it based on date of order regardless where the order came from.

I totally agree. It’s just plain wrong if they don’t fulfill orders for an advertised sale and were filling them for folks who ordered after us who were calling direct.
Posted By: Todd B.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 03:22 AM

Greg, I agree. This is not a good look! I told my buddy about it and he ordered directly from Dobyns in the 12th hour and has received his two rods. I bet I get the sorry out of stock email. It is not right but not many things in life are. Let us know if Dobyn’s will honor it or not.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 04:37 AM

A little birdie says that Dobyn's ran out of longer shipping tubes and got some more in late this afternoon. That should enable them to ship those orders that needed a longer tube.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 08:22 AM

I ordered mine from Dobyn's after some of y'all ordered from S.O. and already have my rod. Bought a Champion XP for $175.00 after tax. Too much to pay for a rod made in China if you ask me.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 11:11 AM

Thanks Greg.

When you say that the Champ has more backbone, that probably is a plus for me. I tend to like stiffer rods. My only concern is how it would handle casting lighter baits? Is it still capable in that respect?

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by whitecapping

Did they send an email with shipping info? Who did they ship with?

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 01:06 PM

I got one rod but not my big order. I ordered the big order 2 days before I purchased the one they sent. Hopefully I will get it soon.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Derek Stokes
I ordered mine from Dobyn's after some of y'all ordered from S.O. and already have my rod. Bought a Champion XP for $175.00 after tax. Too much to pay for a rod made in China if you ask me.

Then why did you buy it?

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by whitecapping

Did they send an email with shipping info? Who did they ship with?

Mine came from Dobyns through FedEx. No shipping email. Three days after I ordered it was at my house.

Sportsmans has had nearly 2 weeks, still no rod and no shipping email.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 01:58 PM

Thanks Greg.

When you say that the Champ has more backbone, that probably is a plus for me. I tend to like stiffer rods. My only concern is how it would handle casting lighter baits? Is it still capable in that respect?

Well, I throw sinkos with it just fine. In fact I use that rod for t-rig even with 1/8 oz weight and sinkos predominantly. I'm mainly using it when I need to pull out of cover and grass. Also use it to throw 6"swim baits on the heavier side. I ordered a 2nd H/F on the sale as I really like this rod as a great all purpose rod.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 04:38 PM

I ordered mine on the 28th from Sportsmans Outfitters 2 different orders before I knew Gary was also doing the direct sale. I received a shipping notice today from S.O. on the 702, 703, 704, nothing on the 908 yet, but Gary said yesterday that they just got the long tubes in and started shipping the Swimbait rods, so I'm sure it'll come soon.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 05:27 PM

Emailed on the 6th, order placed and paid for on the 7th

Just delivered today on the 10th. No email with shipping info. It just showed up.
I'm glad I missed the Sportsmans Warehouse deal.
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 05:54 PM

I ordered mine on the 28th from Sportsmans Outfitters 2 different orders before I knew Gary was also doing the direct sale. I received a shipping notice today from S.O. on the 702, 703, 704, nothing on the 908 yet, but Gary said yesterday that they just got the long tubes in and started shipping the Swimbait rods, so I'm sure it'll come soon.

I ordered on the 27th from SO and no email yet on shipping or order processed. There were ppl that ordered last week from SO and they already got their rods while ppl that ordered weeks ago haven’t even been processed yet.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by junbengreat

I ordered on the 27th from SO and no email yet on shipping or order processed. There were ppl that ordered last week from SO and they already got their rods while ppl that ordered weeks ago haven’t even been processed yet.

I ordered same day the 27th. Have already been charged the day I ordered and received an email like others have that they are backlogged but will have them soon. Well soon would've been a week ago jeez. Have a trip planned next weekend for 9 days. Sure hope my rod arrives before then. They have 7 days to get it here.
Posted By: Slade

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 07:14 PM

I ordered one on the 29th (two weeks ago); still have not received it yet

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 09:14 PM

Hey, I just got a text from Fedex. My rod is finally on the way. Ordered on the 27th I think.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 10:42 PM

Hey, I just got a text from Fedex. My rod is finally on the way. Ordered on the 27th I think.

Good to know. That's the date I ordered mine.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/10/20 11:46 PM

hopefully I'll get one soon. Did mine on the 28th

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/11/20 01:48 AM

After reading some of these posts about the Fed Ex app. I went ahead and downloaded and signed up on the Fed Ex app. and it showed both of my orders, not just the one Sportsmans Outfitters notified me about, were shipped and at the Tyler Fed Ex location and will be delivered tomorrow.

That's a pretty good app. as I had an item I ordered from Sam's over a month ago I'd forgotten about and it's also being delivered tomorrow and I hadn't received anything from Sam's about it.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/11/20 02:37 AM

After reading some of these posts about the Fed Ex app. I went ahead and downloaded and signed up on the Fed Ex app. and it showed both of my orders, not just the one Sportsmans Outfitters notified me about, were shipped and at the Tyler Fed Ex location and will be delivered tomorrow.

That's a pretty good app. as I had an item I ordered from Sam's over a month ago I'd forgotten about and it's also being delivered tomorrow and I hadn't received anything from Sam's about it.

You can track at fedex.com as well. You go to tracking -> manage your deliveries and after signing up can see any packages on the way to your house. I got a text that alerted me to the shipment even though I never got an email back from Outfitters.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/11/20 03:47 AM

You can track at fedex.com as well. You go to tracking -> manage your deliveries and after signing up can see any packages on the way to your house. I got a text that alerted me to the shipment even though I never got an email back from Outfitters.

I signed up first on .com it had a menu header that said All(0) Inbound(0) Outbound(0) Watch(0) and said "currently no other shipments." Maybe I did something wrong on .com! That's when I went to the app. didn't even know they had an app. and it showed everything and started sending notifications too!

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/11/20 03:59 AM

Glad you got yours, but I wonder why SO orders from 3/28 have shipped and multiple people with orders before that have not. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/11/20 04:39 AM

Glad you got yours, but I wonder why SO orders from 3/28 have shipped and multiple people with orders before that have not. Oh well, fingers crossed.

texasAUtiger, both companies are very reliable and take care of their customers, I'm sure you'll be taken care of!

Now for what you're wondering about.
Not sure but my guess would be something like this, because there was such a high demand for certain rods, say specifically 73 size rods or certain series that Dobyns didn't/doesn't have enough of that model or series on hand in Sulphur Springs and were/are waiting on deliveries themselves and they held the total order knowing that specific rod is on a certain truck coming in.
Or possibly Sportsmans Outfitters only sent all their orders in 1 time a day or every 2 days in a cumulative package.
They got overwhelmed by direct orders and Sportsmans Outfitters too!

It happens!

When I managed Yamamoto's certain color's of a bait or a certain bait might get hot and the store would run out and the Arizona warehouse would run low, and certain orders would have to wait or certain walk in customers would have to wait till the store got the delivery.
I understand the frustrations too, certain times you order something, expecting it to be delivered before a fishing trip and it doesn't get there.
I was happy for the great deal and realize neither Dobyns nor SO promised a certain delivery time, if they did, then I could understand the concerns some people are showing.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/11/20 12:56 PM

texasAUtiger, both companies are very reliable and take care of their customers, I'm sure you'll be taken care of!

Now for what you're wondering about.
Not sure but my guess would be something like this, because there was such a high demand for certain rods, say specifically 73 size rods or certain series that Dobyns didn't/doesn't have enough of that model or series on hand in Sulphur Springs and were/are waiting on deliveries themselves and they held the total order knowing that specific rod is on a certain truck coming in.
Or possibly Sportsmans Outfitters only sent all their orders in 1 time a day or every 2 days in a cumulative package.
They got overwhelmed by direct orders and Sportsmans Outfitters too!

It happens!

When I managed Yamamoto's certain color's of a bait or a certain bait might get hot and the store would run out and the Arizona warehouse would run low, and certain orders would have to wait or certain walk in customers would have to wait till the store got the delivery.
I understand the frustrations too, certain times you order something, expecting it to be delivered before a fishing trip and it doesn't get there.
I was happy for the great deal and realize neither Dobyns nor SO promised a certain delivery time, if they did, then I could understand the concerns some people are showing.

They sent 1000 orders all at once. I was in Sulpher Springs picking up a couple of replacement rods and that's what the front desk told me. I'm guessing they are just going through the list. Be nice if the sent you an email if your order is delayed, but when I was there they were completely overwhelmed. Maybe stood up front for 20 minutes before the lady at the desk could come off the phone to help me.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/11/20 01:42 PM

FedEx app doesn't have anything about my rod yet

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/11/20 01:54 PM

I def think that like mentioned above they just simply got overwhelmed especially on certain models. I am sorry a lot of y'all haven't received your rods yet. I didn't get any notification for the order I made with a friend and it showed up at his house randomly. The Champions are super nice feeling and I have went fishing twice trying to catch something with them!

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/11/20 05:27 PM

just got mine, never got an e-mail
Posted By: Los Lagos

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/11/20 05:55 PM

hopefully I'll get one soon. Did mine on the 28th

I am in the same boat

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/11/20 06:21 PM

Got mine this AM.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/11/20 06:46 PM

Got mine this AM.

Lucky dog

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/11/20 11:41 PM

Must be nice
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/12/20 01:38 AM

Must be nice

Not good June. Sorry amigo.

Call your bank and tell them what's going on.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/12/20 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

Must be nice

Not good June. Sorry amigo.

Call your bank and tell them what's going on.

June, I'm betting money it's is because you lied to Gary about having friends! lol
Gary said it might be next week before they get all caught up.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/12/20 04:59 AM

Reply to Cali Kid: I ordered mine from Dobyn's and 3 days later it arrived.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/12/20 01:33 PM

I prepared to take this as a loss. How is tackle warehouse shipping times right now? Looking at the kistler magnesium rods. Maybe it’s time to pull the trigger

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/12/20 03:11 PM

I prepared to take this as a loss. How is tackle warehouse shipping times right now? Looking at the kistler magnesium rods. Maybe it’s time to pull the trigger

If no rod by end of the week, I'd call Dobyns directly. I really don't think they're going to screw any customers. Just not their MO.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/12/20 05:45 PM

If no rod by end of the week, I'd call Dobyns directly. I really don't think they're going to screw any customers. Just not their MO.

Not me. I’d wait a month or more to get what I ordered on sale. I just don’t want to be told “sorry we ran out, tough”. But based on what several of you guys say, Gary and company wouldn’t do that, which is reassuring.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/12/20 06:55 PM

I'm talking about Sportman's Outfitters, the retailer. I know Dobyn's are good rods. I own a bunch of them.

Yes they are very legitimate. I have used them for years now. They sell through ebay also.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/12/20 07:18 PM

I have been there and i'm sure they are doing their best to fill the huge amount of orders they got in for this sale. Good people there and good rods.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/13/20 03:55 PM

Got my notification this morning from SO’s that my shipment is on the way. I ordered 2 rods on 3/30. Hopefully, things will progress for everyone else also!

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/13/20 04:25 PM

I ordered one on 3/27 and so far, nothing but an e-mail saying it was going to be late. Concerning since some who ordered later than me already have their rods.

Wayne
Posted By: mcb

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/13/20 05:26 PM

I ordered on the 30th. I have emailed them a couple of times and they have advised just really backed up due to the sale. Hope that's the case really looking forward to trying the rod.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/13/20 07:09 PM

Got mine today, ordered on 3/28 from SO and had an 8ft rod which seemed to cause the delay

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/13/20 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by lurenthewind
I ordered one on 3/27 and so far, nothing but an e-mail saying it was going to be late. Concerning since some who ordered later than me already have their rods.

Wayne

I ordered same day. Emailed them again yesterday about it and this is the response I got today.

Hi

Dobyns is almost finished shipping and they said they will have all tracking to us tomorrow. At that point, we will update the tracking so you can
monitor you shipment.

Thank you very much for your patience during this time.

Jamie

Hopefully my rod comes in before I leave Friday for a 9 day fishing trip.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/13/20 10:16 PM

popcorn

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/14/20 12:29 AM

Received my tracking info

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/14/20 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by cali kid
Received my tracking info

Must be nice.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/14/20 02:38 AM

Wayne, I sent an email regarding the two rods I ordered. They replied within a hour or two and advised they would get my rods. Two days later I got the shipment notification. Don’t know if the email was the trick or just luck. Hopefully this info helps and I hope you get your order!

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/14/20 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Wayne, I sent an email regarding the two rods I ordered. They replied within a hour or two and advised they would get my rods. Two days later I got the shipment notification. Don’t know if the email was the trick or just luck. Hopefully this info helps and I hope you get your order!

Must be nice

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/14/20 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Todd B.

Did you order from SO or direct from Gary?

Did you email SO or Gary?

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/14/20 11:06 AM

Well per my earlier post, SO must have been telling the truth. I haven't gotten anything from them but the FedEx app shows my rod shipped from Dobyns and will be here tomorrow. Took a couple weeks but hey I'm still ok with it.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/14/20 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet
Well per my earlier post, SO must have been telling the truth. I haven't gotten anything from them but the FedEx app shows my rod shipped from Dobyns and will be here tomorrow. Took a couple weeks but hey I'm still ok with it.

Must be nice

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/14/20 07:38 PM

I just received an email from SO and a fedex tracking number. Arrives tomorrow. I ordered from SO the morning of the 27th.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/14/20 07:50 PM

Me Too! Yahoo!

Wayne

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/14/20 11:05 PM

I didn’t get an email but the FedEx app shows mine shipped today, should arrive tomorrow. I ordered from SO on 3/28.

All is well that ends well!

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/14/20 11:35 PM

I didn’t get an email but the FedEx app shows mine shipped today, should arrive tomorrow. I ordered from SO on 3/28.

All is well that ends well!

thumb

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/14/20 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by WALLS

I just received an email from SO and a fedex tracking number. Arrives tomorrow. I ordered from SO the morning of the 27th.

How did you get tracking information without shipping info

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/15/20 01:42 AM

tmd, get the FedEx App and set up an account with your name, and address and it finds tracking labels with your info.

Jamie from Sportsmans Outfitters made a post on Facebook Dobyns Rod Community page just a bit ago. Apologized for the delays and said they have about 160 more orders to get tracking info on tomorrow and they'll be caught up.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/15/20 02:09 AM

tmd, get the FedEx App and set up an account with your name, and address and it finds tracking labels with your info.

Jamie from Sportsmans Outfitters made a post on Facebook Dobyns Rod Community page just a bit ago. Apologized for the delays and said they have about 160 more orders to get tracking info on tomorrow and they'll be caught up.

Thanks for the info on the fedex app. Guess I’m one of those last 160 even though I ordered way before others who already got theirs.
Posted By: mcb

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/15/20 05:18 PM

Nothing here as well. Hoping for the best....but not looking real good so far.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/15/20 06:23 PM

Got mine today. 20 days later. Communication on SO/Dobyns part not so good. I ordered thru costa, tackle warehouse, and other companies to compare shipping times. I ordered costas Monday and they will be delivered tomorrow. Tackle warehouse yesterday and will be shipped Friday per their email. Overall experience not so great with so/Dobyns. The difference between good customer service and subpar was the $25 shipping fee. As if spending hundreds of dollars wasn’t enough to justify good customer care.
Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/15/20 07:24 PM

I ordered my rods through SO and got them today. 40% off and free shipping. I think I can live with a 2-3 week delay.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/15/20 07:31 PM

Mine says it shipped yesterday but it hasn't yet left Sulphur Springs per the FedEx app.

They probably printed the label yesterday with the intention of it leaving today. We shall see.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/15/20 07:59 PM

Got mine today. 20 days later. Communication on SO/Dobyns part not so good. I ordered thru costa, tackle warehouse, and other companies to compare shipping times. I ordered costas Monday and they will be delivered tomorrow. Tackle warehouse yesterday and will be shipped Friday per their email. Overall experience not so great with so/Dobyns. The difference between good customer service and subpar was the $25 shipping fee. As if spending hundreds of dollars wasn’t enough to justify good customer care.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Can't speak for Sportmans Outfitter as much as for Dobyns but I know they filled the orders as quickly as they could. Just for comparison sake find 4-5000 of your buddies to order from the same 4 specific product lines with Costa/TW/whomever and see what the result is! ;-)

now titan tungsten had BAD /NO customer service!! Filed a BBB complaint with them and they accused me of lying!! At least I got my $$ back from them but left the complaint "unresolved".

Enjoy your new rod! May all the fish you catch with it erase the base memories!
Posted By: mhall1986

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/15/20 08:03 PM

Y'all whine like a bunch of little girls.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/15/20 08:47 PM

got my rod 4 days ago, and just got shipping info today
Posted By: Los Lagos

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/15/20 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Hobbs McAvoy
I ordered my rods through SO and got them today. 40% off and free shipping. I think I can live with a 2-3 week delay.

I am with this guy for sure, Jamie has been very responsive to my email questions. I cant really blame Dobyns as they seem to be doing the best job they can to get these things out the door, for 40% and free shipping I can deal with a little delay.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/16/20 12:58 AM

Received my 736 today. It took about 18 days but it's all good. Great deal.
Posted By: karaider00

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/16/20 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by mhall1986
Y'all whine like a bunch of little girls.

Couldn’t agree more. But then again there’s a lot of that on this forum.
Posted By: GRUMPS

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/16/20 01:38 PM

Service from SO has been great on my end. Dobyns didn't have one of the rods I ordered and they offered me another one in its place. I have no complaints as never have I gotten 40% off on a Dobyns rod.
Posted By: soje

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/16/20 02:04 PM

I got a Champion XP 867 HSB and man it has rekindled my enthusiasm for throwing swimbaits. I was using a very popular swimbait rod, and I just couldn't connect with the rod's action; it was like a pool cue. I had become a little discouraged with the swimbait thing because of this issue. I intended to get the 806, and somehow ordered the 867 instead. The 867 is rated for 4oz to 16oz lures 😳. I'm throwing 2oz to 5oz baits with it with much better cast and trajectory control. I'd probably have even better control with the 806, but I'm able to do everything I need with the 867. Thanks Dobyn's
Posted By: skeeteroneal

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/16/20 02:10 PM

My 807 arrived yesterday.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/16/20 05:06 PM

Got 2 out of the 4 I bought!
Posted By: dpdpete

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/16/20 05:14 PM

I just got an email from Sportsman's Outfitters that Dobyn's has informed them that the following rods are out of stock and no backorders will be honored. DX 703C
DX 704C
DX 705C
DX 742C SH
DX 743C SH
DX 744C
DX 744C SH
DX 744C FH
DX 745C FH
DX 746C
DX 746C
DX 702SF
DX 742SF
DX 764SF
DX 805FLIP
You got a choice of getting your money back, upgrading, or downgrading with partial refund on the price difference.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/16/20 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by dpdpete
I just got an email from Sportsman's Outfitters that Dobyn's has informed them that the following rods are out of stock and no backorders will be honored. DX 703C
DX 704C
DX 705C
DX 742C SH
DX 743C SH
DX 744C
DX 744C SH
DX 744C FH
DX 745C FH
DX 746C
DX 746C
DX 702SF
DX 742SF
DX 764SF
DX 805FLIP
You got a choice of getting your money back, upgrading, or downgrading with partial refund on the price difference.

I emailed SO this morning and got the same response. I ordered the DX 744C SH and was offered a substitute or a refund. Emailed them back to exchange order to a DX784C. They said they have to contact Dobyns to see if its available and will get in touch with me. I placed my order on 3/27.
Posted By: MichaelP247

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/16/20 06:08 PM

Just got off the phone with Dobyns as well, mine was on back order and they are no longer supporting the 40% off price if I want that same model. That seems like an absolute joke. I have no problem waiting patiently for the rod to get delivered once it's back in stock, but just to say you are no longer going to honor that price? I ordered on Mar 27th in the appropriate time frame. Seems absurd to me.
Posted By: dpdpete

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/16/20 06:16 PM

I agree with you Michael247. I have already sent an email to Dobyn's rods on how unhappy myself and others will be on this decision. I too would be willing to wait for a backordered rod but to just tell everyone Too Bad is not good customer service. I hope they rethink their position on this.
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/16/20 07:07 PM

Wow!!! That is a strange decision given their reputation on here for taking care of customers. I think they sold way more than anticipated through the sale.

I was thinking about getting some Dobyns rods but this causes me to wonder what kind of trouble I would have in the future if I had a warranty claim??

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/16/20 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by TwoLakes
Wow!!! That is a strange decision given their reputation on here for taking care of customers. I think they sold way more than anticipated through the sale.

I was thinking about getting some Dobyns rods but this causes me to wonder what kind of trouble I would have in the future if I had a warranty claim??

I completely agree that their sale went better then anticipated but to say no back orders after the fact doesn't sit well with me. Part of me almost said give me the refund but I let curiosity get the better of me and am going with a different model.
Posted By: MichaelP247

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/16/20 10:16 PM

Ha, TMD I did the same thing. Out of principal I should have taken my refund but I am a sucker and couldn't give up that 40% off.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/17/20 01:21 AM

DX 704C
DX 705C
DX 742C SH
DX 743C SH
DX 744C
DX 744C SH
DX 744C FH
DX 745C FH
DX 746C
DX 746C
DX 702SF
DX 742SF
DX 764SF
DX 805FLIP

I emailed SO this morning and got the same response. I ordered the DX 744C SH and was offered a substitute or a refund. Emailed them back to exchange order to a DX784C. They said they have to contact Dobyns to see if its available and will get in touch with me. I placed my order on 3/27.

So my email exchange with SO was this afternoon. Their last response was that they would have to contact Dobyns to see if the substitute rod was available and if they would do it. Now I just got a tracking notification from Fedex that Dobyns shipped a package and it will be here Monday. Wonder what rod I'm getting.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/17/20 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by TwoLakes

I had 2 broken ones (Fury/Champ Ex) and had no issues getting them replaced. That was 2 weeks ago. With that said, this is total BS. As they were taking orders directly after the date most ordered they should have honored the ones done. Hell they even extended the 40% off date. And to not honor an order, hell, almost any retailer would do that. If you can't make a profit on a specific sale, DON'T do the sale. I had standardized mostly on Dobyns. This will make me rethink my loyalty.

James 4:17 "Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin." They should let that verse sink in.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/17/20 02:39 AM

I agree...I bought a CB rod and a 7’ Champion XP rod. I compared the CB rod to the one I currently throw and I can’t be happier! Thank you SO you started this 40% discount (I believe) and you came through during a nearly impossible time!
Posted By: Bermise

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/17/20 04:41 AM

I missed the sale, anyone have a place that has any sale on Dobyns? 10% or 20% off
Posted By: jls1

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/17/20 12:39 PM

Good morning everyone!
I usually do not like posting on issues like this, but here is my take on this situation.
I too placed a very healthy order with Sportman's Outfitters on 3/28. I too have yet to receive any shipping information or product from Dobyns. I have communicated with SO and they have been quick and very transparent with me on what has taken place. In my opinion, SO ran the original 40% off "deal" for a posted / limited amount of time. Dobyns decided to pick up the 40% off "deal" once they saw how successful the program was through SO. Both SO and Dobyns have been overwhelmed with the response of this program, which is a great thing and its exactly what they wanted to happen. They wanted to be overwhelmed and they wanted to sell product. The problem and my frustration, however, is SO has no product in stock. Dobyns is the one with the rods and the one handling the shipping. Dobyns should not have filled any orders purchased directly through them until the SO orders had been filled, first. Most of the rods I ordered are on the "out of stock" list above, with the exception of a Xtasy rod, and since there will be no honoring of back-ordered items for a program, they hoped and wanted to be successful, I have canceled my order and unfortunately, will not purchase another Dobyns product. This whole situatiion seems to be poor decision making and poor execution on the part of Dobyns, and unfortunately SO is also getting a bad rap for something they could not control. I personally will still enjoy the boat load of Dobyns that I currently have, just will find an alternative from this point moving forward!
I hope everyone stays safe and has a great day on the water!

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/17/20 04:49 PM

I ordered from SO on 3/29 and have yet to receive my order but I did receive my tracking number. I was sent an update saying they were backordered and I could wait or get a refund. I was ok with the wait given the smokin deal.
I received an email from SO indicating Dobyns was no longer honoring the discount for the items backordered, I was given an option of getting a refund or trading up to an Xtasy or down to a Champion(I ordered a champion xtreme). I chose to upgrade to an xtasy for $126 difference. A deal in my opinion.

Also, I ordered directly from Dobyns 4/3 and received my order 4/9.

In all I feel this is a good deal, i'm happy and not in a rush to get these welcomed new additions. There was something to be learned by both SO and Dobyns. In hind sight had I known I could have placed the order directly with the source (dobyns) I would have. Be patient folks, especially in these times. I hope all this fuss doesn't result in us never seeing a deal this good in the future.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/17/20 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by jls1
Good morning everyone!
I usually do not like posting on issues like this, but here is my take on this situation.
I too placed a very healthy order with Sportman's Outfitters on 3/28. I too have yet to receive any shipping information or product from Dobyns. I have communicated with SO and they have been quick and very transparent with me on what has taken place. In my opinion, SO ran the original 40% off "deal" for a posted / limited amount of time. Dobyns decided to pick up the 40% off "deal" once they saw how successful the program was through SO. Both SO and Dobyns have been overwhelmed with the response of this program, which is a great thing and its exactly what they wanted to happen. They wanted to be overwhelmed and they wanted to sell product. The problem and my frustration, however, is SO has no product in stock. Dobyns is the one with the rods and the one handling the shipping. Dobyns should not have filled any orders purchased directly through them until the SO orders had been filled, first. Most of the rods I ordered are on the "out of stock" list above, with the exception of a Xtasy rod, and since there will be no honoring of back-ordered items for a program, they hoped and wanted to be successful, I have canceled my order and unfortunately, will not purchase another Dobyns product. This whole situatiion seems to be poor decision making and poor execution on the part of Dobyns, and unfortunately SO is also getting a bad rap for something they could not control. I personally will still enjoy the boat load of Dobyns that I currently have, just will find an alternative from this point moving forward!
I hope everyone stays safe and has a great day on the water!

Your statement on SO starting the 40% off 1st is wrong. Gary's original plan was to just offer the 40% off to the Dobyns Rod Community on Facebook only, no one else. Then SO talked him into letting them do it also, Gary never picked up the 40% sale after anyone. Gary actually didn't let another tackle store do the 40% off when asked if they could participate and he probably lost that store as a retailer. He also had no intention to open the direct sales to any other group but the Facebook group Dobyns Rod Community, but finally allowed all public buyers the opportunity to direct buy at that discount.
Posted By: Mp Rock

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/18/20 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bermise
I missed the sale, anyone have a place that has any sale on Dobyns? 10% or 20% off

Fun N Sun in Hurst is doing 20% of all rods and reels. They have some of each line of Dobyns but selection was pretty limited.

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/18/20 06:06 PM

Patience is a virtue, Sometimes things don't happen on the schedule we would like. I only ordered one rod, a 734, and it took a while to get it but the rod really feels good in my hand casts well. I think Dobyns has been doing the best they can with the overwhelming response to the sale.

My guess is, they won't do the sale again especially since it is costing them return business from customers who were previously happy with their products. This is my first Dobyns rod and I really like it just from casting in the yard. I am going fishing next week if it hairlips the Pope!

Waye

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/18/20 06:11 PM

My rod delivery came in last night. It contained two of the three rods I ordered, with no word about the missing third rod. Don't know if it is shipped separately, back ordered, or what. I've emailed SO. Curious if that happened to any of you all (without explanation).

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/20/20 05:54 PM

DX 704C
DX 705C
DX 742C SH
DX 743C SH
DX 744C
DX 744C SH
DX 744C FH
DX 745C FH
DX 746C
DX 746C
DX 702SF
DX 742SF
DX 764SF
DX 805FLIP

So my email exchange with SO was this afternoon. Their last response was that they would have to contact Dobyns to see if the substitute rod was available and if they would do it. Now I just got a tracking notification from Fedex that Dobyns shipped a package and it will be here Monday. Wonder what rod I'm getting.

Finally got a rod today, only took three and a half weeks. I was a little apprehensive about switching to the 784 but the choices were limited and figured if I didnt like it I could sell it without much of a loss. I have to say first impressions on this rod are pretty good. I was expecting it to be tip heavy being 7'8" long but it balances surprisingly well. Weight wise its on par with my Loomis IMX rods. As for the action, for a 4 weight it feels more like a 5. I'm thinking it will make a great Carolina Rig rod.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Which Dobyns Rod are you buying with the 40% off? - 04/20/20 06:01 PM

Try a football jig on it, too
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum