Texas Fishing Forum

Worried About Texas

Posted By: RickS

Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 12:59 PM

I'm not happy that I can't go fishing but I'm concerned that your state is not protecting you. It's interesting that your number of confirmed coronavirus cases are more than New Mexico's yet you aren't restricted. Trust me if I could I would be fishing too! Best wishes try and stay healthy!
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by RickS
I'm not happy that I can't go fishing but I'm concerned that your state is not protecting you. It's interesting that your number of confirmed coronavirus cases are more than New Mexico's yet you aren't restricted. Trust me if I could I would be fishing too! Best wishes try and stay healthy!

I don't need the state to protect me.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:06 PM

We have almost 15 times the population as your state- of course we have more cases. Don’t lose any sleep over Texas as we will be aight.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:06 PM

Our state has a lot of transplants from those big states that people moved here to avoid the high taxes etc. so there is a large population that came from those hard hit areas, and they still have family and friends from those areas hard hit such as California and New York and others.
I can see a large exodis of people fleeing to get out of those areas and go to other states to get somewhere where the hospitals aren't over crowded and risk not being able to be treated because of the scare comments they hear every day.
Most of the infections started from people traveling from other states, and has now started to spread in the community in our larger cities.
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:08 PM

How is keeping someone off the lake protecting them? Outdoor activities are encouraged, and there is even some research coming out now that states this virus may not be able to live very long in hot, sunny environments.

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by goodman1389
How is keeping someone off the lake protecting them? Outdoor activities are encouraged, and there is even some research coming out now that states this virus may not be able to live very long in hot, sunny environments.

Try sitting in the sun for very long barefooted on a hot sunny day in south Texas.
I don't think any kind of virus could survive that for very long even in the shade!
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:17 PM

Please delete this thread. Thanks
Posted By: Statton48

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:22 PM

This made me laugh fish
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:22 PM

You worry about New Mexico and your weak and liberal leaders. Us Texans will worry about Texas.

The "P" word almost slipped
Posted By: saibling

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:25 PM

Thank you for your concern, however Hitting the local lake, I'm alone, anglers at the boat ramp are alone or with 1 other angler. People are not grouping together. Seems fishing is conducive to practicing social distancing.
Posted By: westtexgolfer

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:29 PM

peep
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:34 PM

New Mexico via California?
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:38 PM

We are actually under shelter in place in a lot of areas, with many more to come in the days/weeks ahead. The velocity of the spread is just beginning here but make no mistake it’s coming. Regardless that has little to do with anglers out fishing alone or with a family member they’re locked down with.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:39 PM

With the explosion of cases in Louisiana it'll definitely increase Texas's chances to also go up. I think our cases are much much higher than reported but the testing hasn't caught up yet.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:39 PM

Staying at home sitting on your rear indoors is the absolute worst possible thing you can do to a human body. Outdoors in the sunshine is as safe of a place as you could possibly be. This concept that being outside on a lake, or exercising, hiking, running, etc is somehow endangering the population is way past stupidity. It's insanity. It's really not that hard to make it out to the lake and still be "socially responsible". I'm so sick of seeing and hearing idiocy like this.

As to the government orders and over reach. I'll just leave that one largely alone. Lots of the rights and freedoms they have taken away will take years to get back. We may never get some back. I'm thankful Texas has not issued a statewide shelter in place order. I will vote against any politician that is for such an order.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 01:41 PM

Lake Travis is mostly closed as of last night, majority of ramps are blocked off. It wasn't due to the boaters but I believe it was all the people gathering at the parks.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 02:14 PM

the sun is good for you as it provides Vitamin d and that is good for you. During the 1917-1918 pandemic here in Forth Worth the hospitals put people outside in the sun and the people got better. Also viruses like indoor places not the great outdoors. I have been out fishing twice since the shelter in place order and will go again. I think Gov. Abbott is doing a great job leaving it to the cities to decide for shelter in place orders. Some counties have not even had one case of covid 19..Carry on Texas and ya'll people from other states us Texans don't like being told what do to from outsiders..
Posted By: 9094

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by WALLS
We have almost 15 times the population as your state- of course we have more cases. Don’t lose any sleep over Texas as we will be aight.

Plus 5 very busy international airports. Lots of people pass through Texas.
We will be fine.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 02:28 PM

I was thinking about going to New Mexico.
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 02:35 PM

Bummer dude! Bad enough you live in NM, but Santa Fe? Talk about double down........
Posted By: Walls

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

For Fishing? Don't think that's a good idea even when there isn't a pandemic. Now for snow....yes.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 02:40 PM

Is there anyway to transpose the lockdown onto those God forsaken wake boats?
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Headed that way May1
Posted By: SeanV14

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat

And jet skis....don't forget about those.

sb

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by SeanV14

And jet skis....don't forget about those.

sb

There were jet skiers out yesterday. He must have been working on it. It just kept going in circles. Lol
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 03:08 PM

thank you for your concern. I have been fishing a couple of times this week which is normal for me.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo
Our state has a lot of transplants from those big states that people moved here to avoid the high taxes etc. so there is a large population that came from those hard hit areas, and they still have family and friends from those areas hard hit such as California and New York and others.
I can see a large exodis of people fleeing to get out of those areas and go to other states to get somewhere where the hospitals aren't over crowded and risk not being able to be treated because of the scare comments they hear every day.
Most of the infections started from people traveling from other states, and has now started to spread in the community in our larger cities.

MOst of the cases have come from air travel --- densely populated area's with large amounts of people travelling in/out from other countries . The Nursing home in Kirkland Washington had 37 people die from one person travelling back from China. Add to that the Chinese New year Holiday ( where lots of people travelled from the US to China , then came back infected ) ( probably most were asymptomatic ) .
I used to do tons of International travel --- the two times I have been the most sick in my life were ---once travelling from Narita to SF and the last guy to get on the plane was sick as a dog and sat right next to me , the other was a colleague that came here from Japan for 3 days of meetings , sick as a dog . I ended up in ICU for 3 days and they initially thought I had contracted Bird Flu , didn't think I was gonna make it that time .
If you want to stop this from happening again ---- you do it at the airports .
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 06:14 PM

Troll
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Lake Travis is mostly closed as of last night, majority of ramps are blocked off. It wasn't due to the boaters but I believe it was all the people gathering at the parks.

If we are going to see Liberal procedures in Texas its going to start in that area.
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by saibling
Thank you for your concern, however Hitting the local lake, I'm alone, anglers at the boat ramp are alone or with 1 other angler. People are not grouping together. Seems fishing is conducive to practicing social distancing.

Same scenario out here.. I was catching a few and another boat started sliding in my direction to get in on the action. A few fake coughs and he went the other way.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 07:55 PM

Just the kind of sissy talk I would expect to hear from your liberal blue state, we can take care of our own.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Just the kind of sissy talk I would expect to hear from your liberal blue state, we can take care of our own.

eeks
And just like that I've had enough TFF for a couple of weeks...
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

eeks
And just like that I've had enough TFF for a couple of weeks...

totally agree , i wonder if Lone Wolf is the same guy that used Big O for his screen name . He likes to stir that pot-o chit .
probably breaks a lot of key boards --- so tough and strong .
I live in a blue state -- not a liberal in any way at all -- I am an American first , foremost and ALWAYS !
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 11:11 PM

I went fishing Wednesday. I interacted with one person other than my cousin who was in the truck with me. That was the person working the drive-thru window at a donut shop in Gilmer.

At what point was I exposed to coronavirus?
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback
I went fishing Wednesday. I interacted with one person other than my cousin who was in the truck with me. That was the person working the drive-thru window at a donut shop in Gilmer.

Well, technically, your cousin, the donut shop, if you got gas maybe there too
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/27/20 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by the skipper

At the donut shop, duh...
Posted By: C.Seymour

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/28/20 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

He exchanged a bag through a drive through window, so unless they smeared COVID on the bag it sounds safer than the grocery store. Or have you guys stopped eating?
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/28/20 12:27 AM

that's one way its transmitted, by touch. i'm willing to bet the gas pumps and atm's will spread a bunch of it. as long as you use precaution, going fishing is fine. fish
Posted By: C130

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/28/20 12:28 AM

Tennessee is even recommending to get outdoors, makes sense to me.
https://www.facebook.com/1425361010824822/posts/3364813813546189/?substory_index=0

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/28/20 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck72
Originally Posted by saibling

Same scenario out here.. I was catching a few and another boat started sliding in my direction to get in on the action. A few fake coughs and he went the other way.

I’d have moved on in, happy that I wasn’t gonna infect you.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/28/20 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by C.Seymour
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

He exchanged a bag through a drive through window, so unless they smeared COVID on the bag it sounds safer than the grocery store. Or have you guys stopped eating?

It was a very easy question to answer.

No I havent Stopped eating, what’s that got to do with me answering his question?
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/28/20 01:30 AM

My county recovery rate is higher then the surrounding areas as of today. So thats good.

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/28/20 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by BrockstaRama
My county recovery rate is higher then the surrounding areas as of today. So thats good.

That's good news, hope it continues!
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/28/20 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by senko9S
that's one way its transmitted, by touch. i'm willing to bet the gas pumps and atm's will spread a bunch of it. as long as you use precaution, going fishing is fine. fish

This. I keep disposable gloves in the truck and just slip one on when filling gas and then drop it in the trash. Would keep you perfectly safe at the pump. Fishing itself is safe unless you are fishing close to someone.

I do hate the sissy talk. It's not just about you. Someone that thinks they are all macho and can handle the virus can certainly pass it on to someone with an underlying disease that will kill them or take valuable health resources from someone else. I have a rare disease and I could die from something like this. Does it make me a sissy?? I deal with pain every friggin day and I can pretty much guarantee I'm tougher than most on this board. I have to be to survive. But I'm still fishing. Just being cautious. In my mind it's safer than getting takeout and potentially being exposed from some worker touching my food and packaging. Instead I'm ordering food from Amazon. If it's not refrigerated, stick it in the garage for 2 days to kill off any virus. If it is perishable, I wipe it down with alcohol wipe. It's not that hard to stay safe and still fish. But anyone that wants to call me a sissy because I'm taking extra precautions can show up at my front door and I'll punch them in the mouth. Just let me put on my N95 mask first.
Posted By: JAlfred

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/28/20 02:26 PM

+1
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Worried About Texas - 03/30/20 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Greg W
Originally Posted by senko9S

This. I keep disposable gloves in the truck and just slip one on when filling gas and then drop it in the trash. Would keep you perfectly safe at the pump. Fishing itself is safe unless you are fishing close to someone.

I do hate the sissy talk. It's not just about you. Someone that thinks they are all macho and can handle the virus can certainly pass it on to someone with an underlying disease that will kill them or take valuable health resources from someone else. I have a rare disease and I could die from something like this. Does it make me a sissy?? I deal with pain every friggin day and I can pretty much guarantee I'm tougher than most on this board. I have to be to survive. But I'm still fishing. Just being cautious. In my mind it's safer than getting takeout and potentially being exposed from some worker touching my food and packaging. Instead I'm ordering food from Amazon. If it's not refrigerated, stick it in the garage for 2 days to kill off any virus. If it is perishable, I wipe it down with alcohol wipe. It's not that hard to stay safe and still fish. But anyone that wants to call me a sissy because I'm taking extra precautions can show up at my front door and I'll punch them in the mouth. Just let me put on my N95 mask first.

loco

boxing
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum