Texas Fishing Forum

Muddy water

Posted By: Rutster

Muddy water - 03/27/20 02:43 AM

Got my bubble busted this afternoon. After seeing Ronny Parkers fish from Bridgeport other day figured I would go out and catch me a couple lake records. (lol) The weather was the deciding factor. Any ways when I got there I forgot about how much the lake has come up lately and it was heavy stained to muddy. Needless to say I didn't catch any fish but enjoyed social distancing to the finest. I have ZERO confidence when water is that stained. Threw a spinnerbait through the flooded timber and even pitched a creature bait. Fished shallow out to about 8-10 feet. Even though u couldn't see them shouldn't there at least be males everywhere? Shouldn't some of the ladies be locked on right now. By Marks pic of that beast, like someone mentioned her tail look like it had been in a garbage disposal (bloody) Probably going again this weekend and just need some advice to improve my likelihood of catching a couple. Is Eagle Mountain same color as the Port?

Thanks for reading

Rut
Posted By: Leonardo1

Re: Muddy water - 03/27/20 02:47 AM

If it makes you feel any better I was told that was his only bite for the day. And a good one at that
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum