Texas Fishing Forum

how is Fork fishing the last few days?

Posted By: Bartemus

how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/26/20 01:39 AM

Any reports on lake Fork would be appreciated. Ive been on Holbrook lately. Holbrook was packed today

Thanks, Bart
Posted By: NoobBass

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/26/20 02:17 AM

Buddy caught a nice 6.86 lbs Bass today there BUT it was the only thing he caught all morning.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/26/20 02:19 AM

guide reports on fb look pretty good.

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/26/20 02:43 AM

Thanks guys. I'm headed to Fork tomorrow.

regards, Bart
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/26/20 03:04 AM

I’ve seen more boats on the water today then any day this year. Lots of boats sight fishing looking for bent poles. Caught ~15 fish today. Some bed fishing in the clean water and some on a spinnerbait in the dirty water. Water temps are +63 everywhere I went so there is no shortage of good fishing areas.
Posted By: heb-bass

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/26/20 04:38 AM

I caught 12 fish today. Had an 8lb11oz and. 7lb1oz. Water temp was 62 when I put in and 65-67 main lake by the end of the day. 73 degrees in some of the areas I was fishing. Nothing under 3.5lbs for me today.

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/26/20 10:37 AM

Friday the 13th I caught 15 in about 3 hours on Lake Holbrook. I think they have already spawned for the most part. They were all small male bass. Can't buy a bite shallow now. A couple of guys said they were catching them on beds yesterday but I dont see the beds very well. The boat ramps were packed yesterday. Looks like everyone is sheltering in place on the water instead of home. Nice weather to be on the water.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/27/20 01:42 AM

Got on the water later today than I wanted. Not too crowded at all. Never had any issues and had whole coves and such to myself. Figured out a little something that held up till dark and caught quite a few slot fish. Nothing over 5lbs but a lot of 3lbers and some 4lbers mixed in. Really good day numbers wise. One of the most relaxing afternoons on the water in a long time.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/27/20 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Got on the water later today than I wanted. Not too crowded at all. Never had any issues and had whole coves and such to myself. Figured out a little something that held up till dark and caught quite a few slot fish. Nothing over 5lbs but a lot of 3lbers and some 4lbers mixed in. Really good day numbers wise. One of the most relaxing afternoons on the water in a long time.

Awesome! Bed fish, stagers or post spawners?

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/27/20 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by JackMason

I was not sight fishing but some of the bites were bed fish. Others were post spawn. Water temps were pushing 70 just about everywhere I went.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/27/20 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by JackMason

I was not sight fishing but some of the bites were bed fish. Others were post spawn. Water temps were pushing 70 just about everywhere I went.

Man, that water temp moved up quick! Thanks for the report
Posted By: Pk Lake

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/27/20 06:58 AM

Just kidding! before MLF fishing was tough. During MLF Good. afterwards tough!
Posted By: criglizard

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/27/20 01:53 PM

Mark you must have been fishing further north. I’ve been on the lake everyday this month and this week has looked like the Sealy tournament mid lake and further south. 75% of the boats are fishing 30% of the lake. The golf course has been packed too. Everyone had the same idea to “escape” the virus.

Clearer water makes people more confident I guess. All those fish up north have way less pressure since the rains stained most of then lake.

Fish are biting. Tons of people from the city and Louisiana are here. Be careful at the gas pumps and stores. The virus is here for sure, just nobody has tested positive yet.
Posted By: criglizard

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/27/20 01:55 PM

Here’s some actual fishing info...

Fish are on beds everywhere on the lake. Hard to see in most places. Clearer water is getting pounded and those fish are very spooky.

Most guides are “just fishing” and catching them for sure. I’ve only seen 1-2 guides sight fishing, the rest are off the bank.

Fish how you like fishing and you’ll catch them. Sunshine has helped a lot this week.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/27/20 02:28 PM

It's GOOD!

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/27/20 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by criglizard
Mark you must have been fishing further north. I’ve been on the lake everyday this month and this week has looked like the Sealy tournament mid lake and further south. 75% of the boats are fishing 30% of the lake. The golf course has been packed too. Everyone had the same idea to “escape” the virus.

Clearer water makes people more confident I guess. All those fish up north have way less pressure since the rains stained most of then lake.

Fish are biting. Tons of people from the city and Louisiana are here. Be careful at the gas pumps and stores. The virus is here for sure, just nobody has tested positive yet.

No, i was midlake.......sitting here having a late breakfast with my wife looking out at Little Mustang there is only 1 boat in here and its at the mouth. About to make it 2 boats.

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/27/20 03:20 PM

I need to mow or it would be 3 boats! lol.
Posted By: Tyler822

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/27/20 04:06 PM

Make it 4 here in a couple hours....

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/28/20 02:18 AM

Today was pretty good as well....stayed midlake again. Found some bigger fish today including this spawned out over that went right at 8lbs. Crowds were not bad at all. The bite is super light and you gotta swing on them as soon as you think one bit but all in all its been a good 2 days. Hope tommorrow is just as good.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/28/20 02:22 AM

nice over! cheers

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/28/20 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by senko9S
nice over! cheers

Thanks. She was maybe a 1/8th" over but I will take it......cheers

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/28/20 02:26 AM

gotta love those fat girl eyes...
Posted By: Rockfisherman

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/28/20 11:31 PM

Went out on Thursday and found
Several up amongst the gar. Most were
real skiddish though. I am headed back out
tomorrow and hope to find some more locked on
If not, then I will simply enjoy being on the lake
Just fishing is greatness!

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/29/20 01:17 AM

Today was great again on numbers. So many 3lbers up dirt deep right now its crazy. When you get a bite or two slow down and pick those areas apart. They are stacked in some pockets. Still fishing midlake.

AlI l am going is targeting isolated clumps of saw grass on the inside of points and along the shoreline in any little pocket or cove. They are using it to spawn next too. Just pitching a Texas rig black/blue craw and letting it sit for a couple of seconds before I hit it again. A lot of the bites I do not feel, I just see my line move off. You gotta set the hook fast as well.

Nothing fancy, just covering water and being as thorough as I can.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/29/20 01:25 AM

Hopefully I will be there this coming Friday. Thanks for the updates.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/29/20 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by senko9S
nice over! cheers

Thanks. She was maybe a 1/8th" over but I will take it......cheers

Great fish Mark!
Posted By: Greg W

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/29/20 07:25 AM

Bad pain night keeping me up at 2:20 AM, but I'll still be out at sunrise. Fish a couple of hours, get a nap at the camper and hope it's not too crowded after that or I'll just go home. Weekdays are so much better out here.

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/29/20 12:05 PM

great reports guys. We really got the rain in Mineola yesterday. Good weather and light winds forecast on Sunday. Lets go fishin'!

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/29/20 12:11 PM

I fished with a bud Fri from 10 am til 6 pm. We had 15 fish. Two 4's and one 5.5. Lost one that was 8-9 that got wrapped up in a bush and got off. realmad I am rusty.

All were shallow. Kind of restored my faith in Fork.

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/30/20 06:05 PM

Me & my buddy went back out yesterday (Sun) and got 22 more doing the same stuff we were doing on Fri. Average size was smaller Sun. Biggest fish was 5#.

Most importantly we were practicing Social Distancing while on the lake. Every time a boat would get near us my partner would start coughing real loud. roflmao

Re: how is Fork fishing the last few days? - 03/30/20 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Me & my buddy went back out yesterday (Sun) and got 22 more doing the same stuff we were doing on Fri. Average size was smaller Sun. Biggest fish was 5#.

Most importantly we were practicing Social Distancing while on the lake. Every time a boat would get near us my partner would start coughing real loud. roflmao

You guys weren't social distancing from us!
roflmao

We had about 10 on Saturday but only fished from 2-6. And had about 15 or so yesterday. All sight fishing. The water was actually clearer Saturday after the rains than it was yesterday. Fish were real hard to see.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum