Texas Fishing Forum

Alan Henry

Posted By: CB-52

Alan Henry - 03/25/20 10:09 PM

anyone been out there and how was it spawn wise? prespawn or during spawn
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Alan Henry - 03/25/20 11:58 PM

Fished 2.5 weeks ago ndtheir were some small, I assume mail bass cruising te shallows. It was 70 degrees that day, so with the weather we have had recently, their s\ should be some on beds o\now If you wan to go bed fishing would think the spawn might have started by now and should be in full swing in the next full moon. Hope this helps. Tight, lines, good luck and be safe.

Thad Rains
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Alan Henry - 03/25/20 11:59 PM

I miss ol Curtis posting those giant teen bass he was on.
Posted By: CB-52

Re: Alan Henry - 03/26/20 12:29 AM

thanks the lake is not my style of fishing due to rock and deep water but hopefullyI can figure something out
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Alan Henry - 03/26/20 02:57 AM

Water temp was in mid to upper 50s on Sunday.

Found 62F water a couple weeks ago way up creeks, but those areas were 57F Sunday evening.
Posted By: BWG

Re: Alan Henry - 03/26/20 04:18 AM

Fishing AH the next 4 days. I’ll give you an update.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Alan Henry - 03/26/20 04:31 AM

Good luck. some good weather for it, I think. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: northdallasfisherman

Re: Alan Henry - 03/26/20 10:12 AM

Is it true about the updated fees to fish there if I c9 e fro out of town
Posted By: ksalmon

Re: Alan Henry - 03/27/20 02:32 AM

Fished yesterday and it was tough fishing......as per usual unless your name is Pool.....except any time I fish with him (he seems to only catch good numbers when fishing with anyone but me). Water temp was about 56 when I started the day and about 58 in the afternoon. Water is quite stained for Alan Henry especially west from the ramp. AH is without a doubt the most frustrating lake to bass fish on. Maybe I need to finally take Thad out fishing and pick his brain.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Alan Henry - 03/27/20 12:01 PM

The pools can catch em. His son is guiding there also some but mostly out here on LBJ and Buchanan. He consistently wrecks em
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Alan Henry - 03/27/20 02:44 PM

Had been catching a few largemouth flipping brush in 5' in the stained water for a few trips. Then this last front and lake rise dropped water temp 5 degrees or so and killed that bite.

Went out yesterday and caught all spots from 20' to right on the bank.

Caught small spots on almost every cast late in the day on a swim jig.

Most fish I've caught all year in a single trip on the lake, but also didn't catch a fish over 2 lbs.

If you want numbers, the small spots are schooling and chasing minnows on the surface.

Water temp was anywhere from 62-66 yesterday.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum